What are you playing now

Gorth

Finished Portal. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Its a nice distraction, nice level design but too short (around 3 hours of playtime I think) and no replay value. And a bit too easy after cracking my skull on Braid.

It's mostly about the story(of GLaDOS) with some nice quirky humor thrown in, the puzzles are more of a backdrop. Also, it's one of the few games I instantly replayed just to hear the commentary mode, it's worth it.

Finished Portal. Wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Its a nice distraction, nice level design but too short (around 3 hours of playtime I think) and no replay value. And a bit too easy after cracking my skull on Braid.

It's mostly about the story(of GLaDOS) with some nice quirky humor thrown in, the puzzles are more of a backdrop. Also, it's one of the few games I instantly replayed just to hear the commentary mode, it's worth it.

I might do that as well. Valve's commentaries are very informative and interesting. At least they were for Episode 1.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Replaying Fallout 2 after a long while.

Just got the G.E.C.K. and traveled back to Arroyo, does anyone remember if one has to have the G.E.C.K. in their inventory at all times or can I just leave it on Hakunin's corpse?

I'm currently playing Demigod. All characters remind me a lot of characters in Torment. I'd say Demigod is, aesthetically, the game of the year. That does not mean "most advanced graphics", but "best art direction", "best setting", "best fluff", et.c. Ok, Zeno Clash might be contender for the number one spot. But anyway.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'm currently playing Demigod. All characters remind me a lot of characters in Torment. I'd say Demigod is, aesthetically, the game of the year. That does not mean "most advanced graphics", but "best art direction", "best setting", "best fluff", et.c. Ok, Zeno Clash might be contender for the number one spot. But anyway.

It doesn't look all that special. Borderlands should win any art style awards from what I've seen.

It doesn't look all that special. Borderlands should win any art style awards from what I've seen.

I thought so as well, until I downloaded the demo. The day after I went and bought the full game. But I'm not only talking about the art design, it's the whole idea of the setting.

I'd say Borderlands looks just like generic shooter #943424, but I only briefly went through two Youtube videos. If you've got any links to more inspiring Borderlands art content, please share them.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I thought so as well, until I downloaded the demo. The day after I went and bought the full game. But I'm not only talking about the art design, it's the whole idea of the setting.

I'd say Borderlands looks just like generic shooter #943424, but I only briefly went through two Youtube videos. If you've got any links to more inspiring Borderlands art content, please share them.

See my Borderlands thread. I played the Demigod demo as well, I didn't see any story, it's pretty much a dedicated DotA.

See my Borderlands thread. I played the Demigod demo as well, I didn't see any story, it's pretty much a dedicated DotA.

The game does not contain any story (as far as I know, I haven't played the "Single player" mode yet), I'm talking about the fluff. And yes, the gameplay is DotA :thumbsup: but that's not what we're talking about.

Edited by Rostere

The game does not contain any story (as far as I know, I haven't played the "Single player" mode yet), I'm talking about the fluff. And yes, the gameplay is DotA :thumbsup: but that's not what we're talking about.

Fluff like descriptions? I didn't notice anything special about that either.

What ARE we talking about then?

Bought the Thief Collection and started playing Thief: the Dark Project. Getting the game to run is a chore, but since I never played the first one I thought it was about time to.

So far the game mechanics work better than most newer games, quite impressive.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Then maybe it's only me :sorcerer: .

Obviously not gameplay. But if you're very used to DotA, I guess that must ruin some of the game's atmosphere.

Then maybe it's only me :sorcerer: .

Obviously not gameplay. But if you're very used to DotA, I guess that must ruin some of the game's atmosphere.

Do you mean the way the main characters look or the way the levels look? I just don't understand what you mean by fluff. Give me some examples.

Edited by Purkake

Im playing "Call of Juarez: Blood something something.." and to my surprise its not sh*t.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Still playing Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, with a bit of Gears 2 tossed in when I get frustrated when the enemy ships just. won't. die.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Everybody's playing Baldur's Gate. :grin:

I'm thinking of tormenting myself with it too.

That's the best thing about it, as a game its bloody replayable. I think I started the first one five times, and the second one 7-10 times. I didn't finish it every time but it sure as hell was fun.

Die gibberling, die. :bat:

I've put off Gothic II. Have to figure out how to get some armor and increase strength in the very beginning, to use a nice sword I stole.

logosig2.jpg

Guest Slinky
^ I want to play Baldur's Gate but I can't get BGTuTu to work :shifty:

Are you using EasyTutu, not the regular TuTu?

Edited by Slinky