Dragon Age Origins

But whats the point in including beastiality in a brothel? Does it add street cred to the "dark and edgy" theme? I mean, come on, someone convince me that RPing a deviant is important to their gameplay. TBH, Im kinda surprided that slid past the censors.

It's more of an implied joke than anything else.

Actually it's a realistic aspect, you can't say it doesn't belong there. Nomadic people for instance sometimes used cows and horses.

Okay yeah, that doesn't explain why someone would "rent" the sheep instead of the women.

Edited by Oner

^ I'm splitting my sides laughing. Not.

I didn't say it was funny. My point is that it's just a (somewhat tasteless) joke and not "zomg DA has beastiality!!".

Actually it's a realistic aspect, you can't say it doesn't belong there. Nomadic people for instance sometimes used cows and horses.

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Edited by Purkake

But whats the point in including beastiality in a brothel? Does it add street cred to the "dark and edgy" theme? I mean, come on, someone convince me that RPing a deviant is important to their gameplay. TBH, Im kinda surprided that slid past the censors.

It's more of an implied joke than anything else.

I dont follow you. Are you saying that since, in that case, the player chose

"Surprise me"

that its a joke you could wind up with an animal? That sure would be a surprise all right, but still. Guess its a good thing they dont

"surprise you"

with pedophelia, cause, you know, that would be over the line, unlike beastiality.

@ Oner's point about nomads and stuff...

In rural Spain there is a small village where even now, allegedly, a donkey is pushed off of a church spire to ward off demons / bad luck / evil spirits. Hey, let's have a gravity-fed anti-evil spirit donkey-murder ritual in Dragon Age!

Cheers

MC

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

@ Oner's point about nomads and stuff...

In rural Spain there is a small village where even now, allegedly, a donkey is pushed off of a church spire to ward off demons / bad luck / evil spirits. Hey, let's have a gravity-fed anti-evil spirit donkey-murder ritual in Dragon Age!

Cheers

MC

It's called superstition. And we have elves randomly loosing immortality because they said hello humans. Is that better?

Also, good job taking it seriously. :sorcerer:

I dont follow you. Are you saying that since, in that case, the player chose

"Surprise me"

that its a joke you could wind up with an animal? That sure would be a surprise all right, but still. Guess its a good thing they dont

"surprise you"

with pedophelia, cause, you know, that would be over the line, unlike beastiality.

That's what the ESRB synopsis said.

I don't care what weird fetish they put in thre, it's nothing to get worked up about. At worst it's a bad joke and you don't laugh. What do you expect to get when you go to a brothel in a fantasy world and ask them to "suprise you"? Getting a sheep is arguably better than getting turned into one, right?

I don't care what weird fetish they put in thre, it's nothing to get worked up about. At worst it's a bad joke and you don't laugh. What do you expect to get when you go to a brothel in a fantasy world and ask them to "suprise you"? Getting a sheep is arguably better than getting turned into one, right?

Im not worked up in the least. I have no pony in this race and my PC, still sporting a single core processor, would receive a Strong Forward Punch to the nads even trying to install it. I just think its weird thing to include.

Im not worked up in the least. I have no pony in this race and my PC, still sporting a single core processor, would receive a Strong Forward Punch to the nads even trying to install it. I just think its weird thing to include.

I agree that it's a bit weird, but why make a big deal out of it when you won't even be playing the game?

I don't even understand why Bioware would want to generate that kind of publicity. I can see a sexy alien at least would help sales.

They weren't the one's creating it. It came from the ESRB ratings board's summary, I'm sure they're not really happy about the buzz it generated.

Edited by Purkake

I agree that it's a bit weird, but why make a big deal out of it when you won't even be playing the game?

Huh? I didnt realize discussing something = making a big deal out of it.

It's just that it's such a minute part of the game. I guess Aries really started it.

In Arcanum, the local brothel had a sheep in the back. In Fallout 2, if you lost an arm-wrestling match, you ended up tied naked to a bed with a rubber ball in your mouth. I don't recall any outcry over either of these events, and I doubt they were included to make the games 'dark and edgy.'

They weren't the one's creating it. It came from the ESRB ratings board's summary, I'm sure they're not really happy about the buzz it generated.

I don

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The sheep-in-the-brothel thing has been done before in Arcanum. I didn't think it terribly funny then, and I doubt I will if it's in DA. It's just plain silly and tasteless, but some people seem to like silly and tasteless..

Brothels are almost a staple in RPG's and have been since BG1. I don't think they add much, frankly, but I'm not going to whine at the forums and write my congressman. I figure it's mostly there for the pimple-faced hormonal set who get all sweaty at the thought of doing naughty things to a few pixels on their monitor. Even the childish sex-cards in the Witcher could basically be ignored, and that was the most juvenile, idiotic "sex-for-the-sake-of-sex" silliness I've ever seen in a video game. I don't expect Bio to come close to meeting that kind of crudity and crassness, so I'm not much worried about it.

Edit: Oops, I see the Arcanum sheep has already been mentioned. Neverrr mind!

Edited by ~Di

The sheep-in-the-brothel thing has been done before in Arcanum. I didn't think it terribly funny then, and I doubt I will if it's in DA. It's just plain silly and tasteless, but some people seem to like silly and tasteless..

Brothels are almost a staple in RPG's and have been since BG1. I don't think they add much, frankly, but I'm not going to whine at the forums and write my congressman. I figure it's mostly there for the pimple-faced hormonal set who get all sweaty at the thought of doing naughty things to a few pixels on their monitor. Even the childish sex-cards in the Witcher could basically be ignored, and that was the most juvenile, idiotic "sex-for-the-sake-of-sex" silliness I've ever seen in a video game. I don't expect Bio to come close to meeting that kind of crudity and crassness, so I'm not much worried about it.

Edit: Oops, I see the Arcanum sheep has already been mentioned. Neverrr mind!

What Di said. <3

I dunno. I really dug the brothel of intellectual lusts in PS:T. It was kewl! ...And I don't have pimples. :fdevil:

Which featured a succubus, a clockwork girl, a goat legged girl, a... whatever. A shame they never used the basement for anything. I don't get it why people get so upset over something, I doubt is more than a Tongue-in-cheek joke.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, I think it's weird, but I mostly don't care. I mean, that's not a deal breaker for me. In fact, I kind of prefer the puerile sex schtick to the overwrought romance thing. I guess the folks who like both have it best and the folks who hate both are screwed.