Favourite NWN2 character builds (excluding SoZ and MotB for now)

Humodour

9 Weapon finesse

After I get my Shadowdancer level , maybe at 7th I'll pick up the SD armor that Deekin offers, looks sweet and get the free weapon finesse feat, have to find a way to increase Charisma to lower the 59,000+ price tag.

Material: Metal (Iron)

Use Limitation: Class: Shadowdancer

AC Bonus [+ 2]

Bonus Feat: Weapon Finesse

Ability Bonus: Dexterity [+ 2]

Arcane Spell Failure [-05%]

Appraise is your friend :ermm:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've started a character, I'm only in the early stages of the OC:

Human, Chaotic Good (currently level 4, thus the +1 I dumped in DEX).

STR 14

DEX 15

CON 14

INT 14

WIS 10

CHA 14

Bard 1

Fighter 1

Rogue 2

FEATS

Power Attack

Cleave

Dodge

Able Learner

I'm investing skill points heavily in dialogue skills, lore, crafting, disable device / lock, UMD and tumble. Not interested in stealth.

The plan is to build up some good sneak attack damage and extra skills, then use fighter levels to develop monkey-gripped dual wielded Falchions (crit hit x 3 + power criticals). Then start as a Red Dragon Disciple for added twinkiness, extra INT and STR. I'm putting my level based extra abiltity points into DEX and CHA, any spare feats into mobility / spring attack.

The intended result is a combat-heavy skills monkey with superb melee / sneak attack / critical hit opportunities.

Any thoughts?

Why no Weapon Master or Frenzied Berserker levels? o:) One has a super strong Power Attack and super Cleave, the other has enormous criticals and critical chance. I'd say at least the Weapon Master is worth more than the RDD. :o

I've started a character, I'm only in the early stages of the OC:

Human, Chaotic Good (currently level 4, thus the +1 I dumped in DEX).

STR 14

DEX 15

CON 14

INT 14

WIS 10

CHA 14

Bard 1

Fighter 1

Rogue 2

FEATS

Power Attack

Cleave

Dodge

Able Learner

I'm investing skill points heavily in dialogue skills, lore, crafting, disable device / lock, UMD and tumble. Not interested in stealth.

The plan is to build up some good sneak attack damage and extra skills, then use fighter levels to develop monkey-gripped dual wielded Falchions (crit hit x 3 + power criticals). Then start as a Red Dragon Disciple for added twinkiness, extra INT and STR. I'm putting my level based extra abiltity points into DEX and CHA, any spare feats into mobility / spring attack.

The intended result is a combat-heavy skills monkey with superb melee / sneak attack / critical hit opportunities.

Any thoughts?

seems bass ackwards...

you want skills, dual wield, and rdd... which boosts str.

1 level rogue

1 level bard (3 points in perform)

1 level rogue

2 level ranger... 'cause you get dw for free and good skills

4 levels o' rdd (only makes sense to take 4 or 10 levels, and rdd skills is suckage, so if skills is genuine important...)

finish out with ranger.... and go with a str build instead of dex. no trying to boost dex and str with a dw ranger.... makes payoff from rdd str that much more meaningful. play as human for more skills... but wood elf is able to start with 18 str and 16 dex... put all points into str. end up with a dual wielding character that can does some serious damage.

by level 20 you got 4 attacks, a str of 27, greater 2-weapon fighting, 3 favored enemies, and very good spread o' skills... am actually kinda surprised by how efficacious this build is.

"Why no Weapon Master or Frenzied Berserker levels?"

can't be done. you get 4 classes, and he wants rdd.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 level rangers = combat style... in this case mc wants dual wield.

the build probable don't have enough skills to be the party thief, but you can max diplomacy, spot, lore, tumble spellcraft and enough umd. is not an ultimate power build, but for somebody who wants a dual-wielding character that takes rdd levels and has good skills...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

^ Thanks, TBH I never really thought about the ranger option. 2 Questions -

1. My WIS is low, how many points do I need to put in there?

2. Does a fighters extra feats make up for the ranger bonuses?

The whole point of taking maybe up to 6 or 7 Rog levels was for skills and sneak attack. SA is a big part of my idea for a build, if I was evil this wouldn't even be an issue because I've already seen a well-crafted Blackguard / RDD build on the NWN character builder site.

sonsofgygax.JPG

^ Thanks, TBH I never really thought about the ranger option. 2 Questions -

1. My WIS is low, how many points do I need to put in there?

2. Does a fighters extra feats make up for the ranger bonuses?

The whole point of taking maybe up to 6 or 7 Rog levels was for skills and sneak attack. SA is a big part of my idea for a build, if I was evil this wouldn't even be an issue because I've already seen a well-crafted Blackguard / RDD build on the NWN character builder site.

don't put any points into wis if you don't wish to. ranger spellcasting is almost complete pointless, and chances are you got something to boost you to 14 if you Really want to cast all your spells. keep at 10... or even 8. with 10 you can take devout background and get a +1 for will saves... dunno.

fighter more than makes up for ranger feats... but to get dw feats you need dex of 18 for improved 2-weapon fighting, 19 for greater 2-weapon fighting, and 25 for perfect 2-weapon fighting. the wood elf build we suggest gets you to 27 str by level 20 and 34 by level 30... and you not gotta add a single point to dex to get all your dual wielding feats. no matter what build you use to get dw you gotta spend points in dex... 'less you go ranger route.

HA! Good Fun!

Why no love for arcane mages? I mean, yeah, I don't think their builds are as powerful in NWN, but it seems that they should get at least some play. All you guys are posting are melee/divine casters. :(

"want spellcaster and skills? probable go with a rogue/wizard/ek/arcane scholar build."

mc and others were asking for specific stuff unrelated to acrane casting, but the wizard/ek stuff can be real powerful and provide bunches o' skills with high intelligence. have seen some builds that add in 3 levels o' swashy.. between 3 levels of swash and combat insight you can be doing more damage bonus that the wackiest rdd + frenzied berserker builds. sadly, the swash stuff only is useful 'gainst stuff subject to critical hits, and probable 50% of motb enemies is crit immune.

HA! Good Fun!

There are ways around that crit immunity but, yeah, it's tougher to go for an all out crit based build. On the other hand, what isn't immune to crits earns more holes than a pin-cushion.

Sorry, I've been lightly lurking in this thread and I must have missed some stuff. Thank you kindly.

2 level rangers = combat style... in this case mc wants dual wield.

Yeah, that's what I thought but I was confused by the only one level of Ranger that you counciled him in your first post... I see that you've edited it now.

Why no love for arcane mages? I mean, yeah, I don't think their builds are as powerful in NWN, but it seems that they should get at least some play. All you guys are posting are melee/divine casters. :(

I'm toying with a pure offensive caster druid if that counts... :)

Sorry, sorcs and mages are just too weak for my liking. I'm a fan of fighting whenever you're not casting, not sitting around afraid to be stepped on in combat. You can do that with a druid (if you have **** gear or stats, shapechange) and druids get awesome offensive spells. Not so much for a sorc. Spose Tensor's Transformation could help, except you can't use spells then.

I think I mentioned my Sorcerer / Pale Master build.

This ain't any kind of power build, but it's quite interesting especially as a Sorcerer is kind of gimped when focussing on Necromancy. By level 12, though, it gets quite interesting. Given the touch attack emphasis of a lot of necromantic spells that a few melee levels might make an interesting build.

The other one I like is a straightforward Wiz / Red Wizard build for that Edwin nostalgia buzz (naturally, mine is called Edwin). It's easy to understand, has lots of spells and you can turn him into your item creation monkey very easily, esp. in SoZ.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Until SoZ came along I wasn't that bothered about it either.

However, SoZ makes it (a) extremely easy to understand and (b) the first chapter of the game is pretty light on good kit, so I had to craft stuff for my party. For example, could I find a non-magical battleaxe in Samargol? Er, no.

I'm now having fun making items and, even more importantly, giving them names worthy of the WoRst FAntASy SeTTinG EVaR!

My Blade of the Fell Apple Crumble (+2) is especially good.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm now having fun making items and, even more importantly, giving them names worthy of the WoRst FAntASy SeTTinG EVaR!

My Blade of the Fell Apple Crumble (+2) is especially good.

:sorcerer: Does that belong to the Mystic Pastrymaker prestige class? :p (Requirements: Sugar Resistance 5)

SoZ is OK; it's not nearly as terrible as some make out, although it's no MotB, I'll grant you.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

SoZ also has a pretty amazing soundtrack.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

However, SoZ makes it (a) extremely easy to understand

I have a question about it : it all works with recipe, including armor and weapon craft, and so I have a question : does it mean that we can build as many weapons and armors as we want as long as we have the metal? Because I remember the mold in the first game, you could only create a few armors and weapons because the mold themselves were really scarce.

SoZ is OK; it's not nearly as terrible as some make out, although it's no MotB, I'll grant you.

Less money to do it, ambitious new features for a game that doesn't support them from the start, and Obsidian's history with bugs? Yeah, you certainly couldn't expect something perfect!

Less money to do it, ambitious new features for a game that doesn't support them from the start, and Obsidian's history with bugs? Yeah, you certainly couldn't expect something perfect!

No, indeed. I didn't intend to imply anything different, although I do think that Obsidian's problems with bugs has been somewhat overstated, in particular when compared with, say, Bioware - at time of release, both the first KotOR and Mass Effect were quite buggy, for example. So, yes.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I remember having like 999 Melf's Acid Arrows in NWN. I think Obsidz bug rate is overstated. I do think they had a problem, but MotB wasn't so bad. I didn't play SoZ, but I will be purchasing Alpha Protocol. That's a good test. Their own engine on a fresh game.

As far as character builds, Someone should show off a good Arcane Scholar build. Not really a power build, but tons of fun.

That's a good test. Their own engine on a fresh game.

*Cough*Unreal 3 engine*Cough*

I should play SoZ some day. It's been lying around on my shelf for a long time now. Need to beat Dead Space first though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

@ Sannom - crafting is extremely easy and, no, you don't need moulds. It works like this:

1. Buy or otherwise acquire the relevant recipe (a scroll you keep in a crafting book)

2. Find the required items

3. Find a crafting station

4. Stand the character with the crafting skills / feats near it (that's all you have to do)

5. Click on the recipe and then the item you are enchanting

6. Done, apart from naming the item :sorcerer: a little context box pops up that asks you what you wish to call the thing you've crafted (yes, I have a +2 Keen Spear called 'Dave')

sonsofgygax.JPG

Yeah, that's what I understood as well, I just wasn't sure for the crafting that is not enchantment. But another question if I may : when it comes to enchantment, do you still need that the character with the feat also has the spell that is in the recipe? Unless you tell me that the need for a spell was cut too, which wouldn't really surprises me since they basically played the role of the hammer in the OC, and since that one disappeared...