What are you playing now

Gorth

I'm currently loading up Command and Conquer 3 again. I need to go through the campaign again with it fully patched. The last time I went through Mammoth tanks were still unstoppable super units that could take out enemy ground units in one or two hits and had better AA than the dedicated AA units. Need to see what's up with Croatia. That was before mammoths, but I still don't recall it being as tough as some people say it was.

oh, and in the end as a plot twist youd find out that

all the healthpacks are made out of people!!!

HA! I knew you were gonna say that!

All lies, it was a totally non-obvious joke. :sweat:

full of hawt chicks and zombies

the female bodies the player sees were actually female corpses, the player finds out in the second half of the game before the inevitable turning point of the story.

Dude, that would like.. defeat the whole purpouse of the hawt chicks. Itd be like you have this hawt hick companion like Sheva in RE5 and in the end when youve made out and everything its revealed that she used to be a dude.. eeew!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Picked up TitanQuest/Immortal Throne again. Reloaded all my previous chrs. Obsessing over items and such is always fun for a while. It'll do until Diablo3 comes out..

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Okay, I'm playing Fallout again after at least three or four years. I'm trying something new in maxing the Luck stat. So, unlike most other games where my character could either fast talk or kill the raiders to get Tandi out of danger, I approached figuring for a tough row to hoe. I'd forgotten that I could just simply pay them off, look at what gear I'd take when I came back with better weapons, and left. Now I'm in junktown getting that better gear. Time to head back to the raiders camp and have more extensive talks with them. Oh, and I've got Ian in my party and he only has a pistol. I'm thinking of giving him the smg. It's been so long since I've had Ian go burst on somebody while I'm standing next to the target, I have to relive the experience.

Okay, I'm playing Fallout again after at least three or four years. I'm trying something new in maxing the Luck stat. So, unlike most other games where my character could either fast talk or kill the raiders to get Tandi out of danger, I approached figuring for a tough row to hoe. I'd forgotten that I could just simply pay them off, look at what gear I'd take when I came back with better weapons, and left. Now I'm in junktown getting that better gear. Time to head back to the raiders camp and have more extensive talks with them. Oh, and I've got Ian in my party and he only has a pistol. I'm thinking of giving him the smg. It's been so long since I've had Ian go burst on somebody while I'm standing next to the target, I have to relive the experience.

Luck 10 with Jinxed is always a hoot. Most enemies kill each other or just blow up.

We really need an RPG where you can use your luck to cause accidents. :sorcerer:

Raider Leader: You've got 10 seconds to piss off, vaultie.

PC: *stand next to RL*

RL: 9

PC: *wait for it*

RL: 8,7,6

PC: *wait for it*

RL: 5,4,3

PC: *wait*

RL: 2,1-

*Raider Leader's ammo belt bursts out in flames, blowing his left leg off. He tries to run..err, gimp for it, but the ceiling collapses and buries him.*

*Luck check- success* - luckily, he dropped his still intact weapon before the collapse, giving you the chance to claim it yours.

Well I gave up on Dead Space since I think it kinda sucked. That's one game where I don't get the high scores for it, but oh well.

After that, the Zork remake module for NWN2 got released so I played that. Very cool I must say. Tough as hell just like the original, but lots of fun. Very faithful remake and extremely well made. I really recommend it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Well I gave up on Dead Space since I think it kinda sucked. That's one game where I don't get the high scores for it, but oh well.

After that, the Zork remake module for NWN2 got released so I played that. Very cool I must say. Tough as hell just like the original, but lots of fun. Very faithful remake and extremely well made. I really recommend it.

Does it require both expansion packs?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Got my hands on a Earth "2150 triple pack" in a flea market. The game itself sucks a bit due to old and now horrible controls and Unit Ai problems but... The whole friggin campaign is better than all this crap we get past 2005 or so.

You have a persistent main base. Your goal is to mine a lot of resources in mission maps and ship them to the main base to ship them to the orbit to finish the space ship in 185 game days. You also need to use those resources to research new Techs and build your army and base. Did I mention that the whole world is off its orbit and the whole place is frakked up after a nuclear war (and you will be very happy if you get 50k worth of materials in any ore field which are rare...and every computer player is after them like bloodhounds...) Also you can ship your units in a mission map back to base and use them in other missions as reinforcements... Units also gain Xp and can be refitted with better weapons....

The story is told with E-mails, propaganda videos and some cnn-like news channel reports. Sad to see new games becoming less complicated and creative than pre-historic games

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

I remembered that strength affected weapon choices in Fallout, but I forgot how dramatic an impact it has. So, my three strength character doesn't have weapons worth a damn yet. Soon, however, I will luck into that alien blaster and then I won't give a crap about my low strength. Either that or I'll get some power armor.

Just finished BG: DAII with 700.000 gold pices and 168 unspent skill points. I only used one healing potion(which is not really necessary) during the last fight and my necromancer was wearing nothing but his initial clothes.

Now, wait for me Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel!!!one!!!11

centinexx.png

I remembered that strength affected weapon choices in Fallout, but I forgot how dramatic an impact it has. So, my three strength character doesn't have weapons worth a damn yet. Soon, however, I will luck into that alien blaster and then I won't give a crap about my low strength. Either that or I'll get some power armor.

If you have a 10 luck, just take the Sniper perk. Once you have that, you'll never need to carry anything bigger than the 10mm smg.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

If you have a 10 luck, just take the Sniper perk. Once you have that, you'll never need to carry anything bigger than the 10mm smg.

Getting Sniper is all but impossible in Fallout without some grinding. The game is usually over before you hit level 18.

Speaking of grinding, I'm playing Disgaea 3.

20795.jpg

[quote name='H

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I picked up the Fallout trilogy, 1, 2, and Tactics, for $20 at Target. I'm thinking about playing through 1 first, haven't decided on an approach though.

You would have saved $2 by buying it from Good Old Games, and they also guarantee that it will work. Plus you would have gotten the soundtrack, artwork, wallpapers and more stuff.

Best of all you would have supported the Witcher's publisher CD Projekt.

Edited by Purkake