What you did today

Gorth

tehehe i just started off a big argument simply by saying "**** harry potter"

currently it's an argument of which series is worse:

twilight

harry potter

anne rice's vampire chronicles

Anything that stimulates an entire generation of young people to pick up a book and read is awesome.

So I'd probably say Anne Rice.

well i haven't read any Twilight, so i'd probably say Anne Rice as well

Harry Potter is overrated as hell and really quite mediocre when you get down to it, but crap like The Vampire Lestat is just bad

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Yep, she looks just about anime-ish.

Is that her kid Kor?

One of 'em, yep.

How many does she have?

A whole school bus full.

And we're not giving them back!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

hahaha Insta-family, you brave brave man.

I think Harry Potter is over-rated also, Shryke, but I agree with Hurlshot that it served very well to encourage reading. ...And it was a good series, just mind-boggling that it created such a huge industry. *shrug* Hey, it was a fun read. I find the movies boring and completely missed the last one. Wastn't worth going to see it, but I'm sure I'll get it on bluray.

twilight

harry potter

Anything that stimulates an entire generation of young people to pick up a book and read is awesome.

So I'd probably say Anne Rice.

For a second there I thought you said 'Ayn Rand' and I was about to either stab you or laugh.

2) Doctors should be trained as detectives or scientists, not diagnosticians

doctors with an engineering pre-med probably make good diagnosticians, actually. not sure if it would be due to the training (which is a bit more rigorous in the cause-effect department), or just the mindset of someone that goes into engineering (and gets out with a degree) to begin with. either way, yay!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

As much as I think doctors get a bad rap they are by far some of the most inconsiderate a holes around in my book. Every time I go to the doctors I think of a quote from the movie The Departed "feed you **** and keep you in the dark." I'm not a forward person so it's partly my fault but since when is it my job to have to ask him to elaborate on everything? The least they can do is at least tell me what it might be or my favorite when I get a letter in the mail 4 weeks later when I could have already stroked out or choked to death on a sandwhich and it simply says "negative." Negative for what exactly? I've been given 0 insight into anything regarding tests or options. It's a complete travesty. Now I'm angry.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

twilight

harry potter

Twilight - Worst. :x

Anne Rice - Bad, but not THAT bad. :thumbsup:

Harry Potter - Meh, nothing great but not as bad as the others. :bat:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Looked for a new phone. Still nothing. I really don't want to have to wait for the Hero, but its looking like I will.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

twilight

harry potter

Anne Rice - Bad, but not THAT bad. :thumbsup:

Harry Potter - Meh, nothing great but not as bad as the others. :)

Every time I read the statistics about how many people become elective non-readers by the end of 12th grade, I throw up a little. So really, I'm happy about all three of these successful writers, because they have convinced people to sit down and read a book.

Every time I read the statistics about how many people become elective non-readers by the end of 12th grade, I throw up a little.

Ironically, if you had become an elective non-reader you wouldn't have to read the statistics.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i'm sort of an elective non-reader. though i've also had somewhere around 90 credit hours of statistics and/or statistics related classwork as well as 15 years of applying them. to say the least, reading about statistics has become tiresome. :thumbsup:

otherwise, my "library" is rather large if i include all the papers i store and have (mostly) read. very few of my texts are of the type i think hurlshot is referring to.

taks

twilight

harry potter

Anne Rice - Bad, but not THAT bad. >_<

Harry Potter - Meh, nothing great but not as bad as the others. -_-

Every time I read the statistics about how many people become elective non-readers by the end of 12th grade, I throw up a little. So really, I'm happy about all three of these successful writers, because they have convinced people to sit down and read a book.

Agreed!

I'm more concerned about the folks who get their entertainment solely from movies, TV, and video games.

last time i checked, nothing i read actually counts as entertainment. >_<

taks

I get nervous if I'm reading less than three books in any given 24 hours. But I wouldn't claim they're always very good. In fact I relish 'bad (i.e. entertaining and non-introspective) sci-fi.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I like books as a way of passing time while flying. Both fiction and technical stuff will do :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

today's my trial period before i officially start as the weekend manager next week

no issues so far and it's been cruisy as hell ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Just got back from Vegas.

Blue man group and Ka are REALLY good shows.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hey, Calax, we were there at the same time. I don't know if I would have had time to meet, but I would have bought you a beer if I'd had the chance. It would have made up for all the times I've griefed you for one thing or another.

I also just returned home. Most recently from Henderson NV.

Hey, Calax, we were there at the same time. I don't know if I would have had time to meet, but I would have bought you a beer if I'd had the chance. It would have made up for all the times I've griefed you for one thing or another.

I also just returned home. Most recently from Henderson NV.

I live in Vegas. Glad I dodged the rape bullet.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.