What you did today

Gorth

had no plans whatsoever after work yesterday, but bumped into people and had an evening of pizza, vodka, and amusing old videos of a friend's drama projects from when she was at teacher's college

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Fixed my MP3 player, thanks to Sony, but me and my dad will need to find a new laptop because the one I currently have is pretty @#$%ed up, lasted 2 years and costed 900+ bucks, piece of @#$%, good laptop though. A Toshiba Vista is what were planning on getting.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Uh... WTF happened to the Star Wars section on the boards?

They died. :p

I sense a great disturbance in the force, like dozens of crazed fans all screaming out at once.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[falls out of chair, gags, brain melts out ears, head catches on fire, legs and arms fall off as what is left spontaneosly combusts]

had no plans whatsoever after work yesterday, but bumped into people and had an evening of pizza, vodka, and amusing old videos of a friend's drama projects from when she was at teacher's college

Good God, kid, you won't have a liver by the time you're my age! All you do is drink, it seems.

Getting ready for the city parade tomorrow. Half our crew skipped out on us though.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Hope it works out for you, bro.

I'm currently working on logic games. I have to admit it's kind of fun. The only thing is, if it were recreational, I would listen to music. I can live without TV easily. I can live without movies and even books really. What I can't do without is music. ...But I figure I can't study with music going. I want things more or less as I would experience them during the test. I've found I can move easily through the logic games, but I tend to get careless sometimes about reading the questions. In a group of 6 questions, I might miss one or two for that reason, and so I'm trying to be extra careful about reading the questions. On the other hand, the test is timed.

I can tell you, having taken several standardized tests over the years like the GRE and the CBEST, the LSAT is the toughest one by far. The real problem is time and sometimes the logic games are completely crazy. I mean, what the hell? So, I can't take forever to read the damned questions which means I can't count on not making a silly mistake. ...And, frankly, I don't know if I'm smart enough to get all of the answers in the time I have. I might end up guessing on some. So, from what I can tell, I'll lose at least a few questions in that section. I should be fine overall on the test, at least according to the practice tests, but I'm not taking it for granted. I spend several hours every day trying to whip myself into shape. It's frustrating and, to be honest, I think I'm getting loopy from lack of sleep.

EDIT: Yeah, like saying I can live without music and I can't live without music twice in one sentence. ugh.

Edited by Aristes

1 - You know what? Rocks and stuff, even little ones, they're a lot heavier than they look. Just saying.

2 - Have I mentioned I found a use for Twitter, for a while now? Gabbing during baseball games w/other team fans. Like being in a bar/living room with random sports nuts. Yeah, kinda fun.

3 - Happy 40th, Woodstock. I wasn't there (since I was only a baby then), but the music of that time will be in me forever.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I might be going to a Goth/BDSM/Fetish club tonight - if not I'll be going tommrow or the next night. Pictures might be forthcoming depending on what goes on. :)

EDIT: Spelling. :woot:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I bought a guitar.

Too bad i will not get it until January next year :woot:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Visited some relatives for the first time. It was kinda surprising to find out that one of my cousins is a (hot) model. And her dad is ****ing cool. xD

"Don't have a toast, it wastes time and spills the drink!" "If it's under 100 kilos it's not a pig nor a man!"

?

It's pretty much custom made, thus it will take some time to build it.

Specs for those interested:

- Ibanez RG like body, made out of mahoganny wood

- Neck made out of a 3-piece maple wood

- Fretboard made out Rosewood

- Tribal Red and Black finish

- Reverse inline headstock

- Dual Cepheus passive pickups

- 28.625" scale length on the neck

- 8-stringed

- Tuned from low to high: F#BEADGBE

- String gauges from high to low: .009, .012, .015, .022, .030, .040, .054, .072 (in order to play everything from Dire Straits to Meshuggah)

It is going to be a beast. I might as well call it "DEATHCRUSH" or something.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

a couple videos from the end of the backpack trip i took this summer, after about 35-40 miles of hiking over 4 days through the weminuche wilderness. some guy (wayne) took a video of us as we crossed the bridge. his wife was out of energy so we gave her some jerky and chocolate bars and he agreed to post a video of us in return. nice people, btw.

we were pretty tired though we had only been hiking for a few hours that day. we had about two miles and 1500 feet to go. down is actually more difficult than up sometimes. oh, the "other guy" is kurt, and i'm sure you can figure out which one i am. :)

standing over the waterfall at the weminuche creek "bridge" above 30-mile campground.

time to leave because we wanted real food. i think i had several hot dogs and lots of potato chips.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Spent the day shopping for, then preparing all the ingredients for carne asada for tomorrows big fiesta. My fingers are burning something awful from all the peppers, even though I wore gloves. The plus side is that tomorrow the guys will do the grilling and I won't have to do nuttin' but make margarita's and eat. Yee-haw!

1 - You know what? Rocks and stuff, even little ones, they're a lot heavier than they look. Just saying.

2 - Have I mentioned I found a use for Twitter, for a while now? Gabbing during baseball games w/other team fans. Like being in a bar/living room with random sports nuts. Yeah, kinda fun.

3 - Happy 40th, Woodstock. I wasn't there (since I was only a baby then), but the music of that time will be in me forever.

My uncle went to woodstock. Said it was the worst thing he'd ever done, the smell was worse than the stinkiest outhouse.

I was thinking of marinading some bulgogi today. Unfortunately, I have to prepare the marinade and cook it, since the wife can't really cook. Still, one of my favorites and it's kind of like Carne Asada.

I was a whole two or three months old at the time of Woodstock.

My mom got a new cat. We set it down in front of our old cat and the first 3 seconds looked promising but ultimately ended in hissing. Looks exactly like our older old cat that recently died.

Was bored all day.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Tried the ol' bait and switch with the new cat for the dead cat but the other cat wasn't buying, huh? We have three cats. Two of them treat each other with indifference. One is the outsider and the other two hate her. I take it, from your sig, that you like cats? Eitehr that or you're insane?

I was thinking of marinading some bulgogi today. Unfortunately, I have to prepare the marinade and cook it, since the wife can't really cook. Still, one of my favorites and it's kind of like Carne Asada.

I was a whole two or three months old at the time of Woodstock.

I thought bulgogi sounded familiar... Had to look it up though. I love Korean food! So you must obviously have a recipe Aristes? :brows:

I was actually stationed there. I usually make a balsamic vinegar/honey marinade with sliced fresh bell peppers and onions. I marinade the wife's with out onions since she hates them. Anyhow, I've also taken to coconut marinades also. It's tempting to drink the milk, but I'll take just a sip and use the rest in the marinade. 24 or so hours, then you make rice, bbq both the bulgogi and the veggies, and serve. I've gotten all creative in the past and made a meat medley with chicken, pork, and beef. I tend to use tri-tip beef most of the time, but I'll also use some cut of rib meat also. Since you cut it thin, it's easy to try different things. Chicken is harder to deal with unless you get nice big breasts. The tenders tend to be a little small already and if you cut them thing you have a string. :brows: Pork is pork.

I also make country style pork ribs with jamaican jerk sauce, fresh jalepenos, and assorted veggies. If you take your time BBQing, you've got tasty grub. Don't worry about par-boiling. Just make sure you cook them nice and long away from wherever the coals are. you know, put the coals to one side and the ribs to the othe and keep moving them around. Takes a few hours, but it's tasty! MMM I'm hungry now. Hey, we've got some good cooks in this joint, Gina. Sluggie and Walsh share recipies from time to time. Good stuff!

I was actually stationed there. I usually make a balsamic vinegar/honey marinade with sliced fresh bell peppers and onions. I marinade the wife's with out onions since she hates them. Anyhow, I've also taken to coconut marinades also. It's tempting to drink the milk, but I'll take just a sip and use the rest in the marinade. 24 or so hours, then you make rice, bbq both the bulgogi and the veggies, and serve. I've gotten all creative in the past and made a meat medley with chicken, pork, and beef. I tend to use tri-tip beef most of the time, but I'll also use some cut of rib meat also. Since you cut it thin, it's easy to try different things. Chicken is harder to deal with unless you get nice big breasts. The tenders tend to be a little small already and if you cut them thing you have a string. :brows: Pork is pork.

I also make country style pork ribs with jamaican jerk sauce, fresh jalepenos, and assorted veggies. If you take your time BBQing, you've got tasty grub. Don't worry about par-boiling. Just make sure you cook them nice and long away from wherever the coals are. you know, put the coals to one side and the ribs to the othe and keep moving them around. Takes a few hours, but it's tasty! MMM I'm hungry now. Hey, we've got some good cooks in this joint, Gina. Sluggie and Walsh share recipies from time to time. Good stuff!

I'm always up for a good recipe exchange. Thank you thank you Thank You! :) The above sounds delicioso. We usually make the jasmine sticky rice as well as pork fried when doing Asian meals. Bbq'ing is commonplace in our house. Charcoal grilling being the best by far. Just did a polled pork on the grill for the 4th. Took 8 hours, constantly adding more charcoals, but is well worth it when meal time comes around.

My apologies for derailing this thread you all.