What you did today

Gorth

WHAT!?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you like this girl, thus you are serving as the emotional support of any relationships she has while she nails other dudes and your holding onto some desperate notion that one day she will come around, which will obviously never happen. So your just wasting your time and likely enabling her.

nope... different women, and they aren't geographically near me

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm trying to discreetly organize a family dinner at my parents house. My brother and his wife are in town ( and they just told us they're expecting) and I figure if I do it without everyone there I'll catch all sorts of hell.

Oh, so she's pregnant, good luck

"trump my baby and you're dead"

and he wonders why i never call...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Signed up for the beta of champions online...

One question did make me wonder if it was actually true about myself given I'm a gamestop employee... and that question is "Are you part of the industry or media" for video games. I don't count myself as part, but I'm thinking I answered wrong.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Signed up for the beta...

One question did make me wonder if it was actually true about myself given I'm a gamestop employee... and that question is "Are you part of the industry or media" for video games. I don't count myself as part, but I'm thinking I answered wrong.

Nope, you answered right. They are looking for people that work for game companies, magazines, or even websites. They aren't looking for people that sell games, otherwise that would include a huge amount of retail workers.

grr people are irritating

so i finally got a chance to catch up with my friend and see how she's doing

turns out some of her "friends" are trying to persuade her to change her statement because they're friends with the guy who did it and don't wanna see him go down on a rape charge

i really don't understand how they can still support this guy after what he did

if i found out a friend of mine had done something like that i'd want nothing to do with them

oh and he's threatening to commit suicide if he ends up having to go to prison :sorcerer:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Good grief. I know i complain about your usual happy lifestyle, but all this sucks. I don't treally know the situation well enough to offer concrete advice. So I'll settle for saying I hope you find truth and the courage to act upon it. As does your friend.

I got back from visiting the aged parent. Managed to raise morale a great deal with the help of my sister (who is still an annoying bint). I think I also cheered up my stepfather a little.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

oh and he's threatening to commit suicide if he ends up having to go to prison :)

I'm pretty sure you are in the clear legally if you encourage him to follow through with that plan.

oh no way - that's too easy an out

i want this piece of **** to suffer

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Getting stressed. Girlfriend just got back from maternity leave not long ago and her job is ****ing her. Contractually they have to return her to her position she had when she went on leave, which is a 3 day daytime position with first look on auxillary shifts. They returned her to an overnight position, which is nigh impossible to work when you have a 10 month old baby. So she's been dealing with the union, but the company is being slimy. So far they've asked for 3 doctors notes stating she can't work nights, and they've turned that around as saying she can't work at all and forced her onto medical leave until she provides a doctors note stating otherwise. This sucks as she just used up all her EI benefits on maternity leave so we won't have any income coming from her until this clears up, our monthly expenses are roughly 2300 a month and I bring in 1500. They say theres no day shifts available. Which there aren't because they're giving them all to auxillary staff who are A) Lower seniority and B)Lower on the auxillary list. The union worked out a compromise where if she applies for a posted part-time 2 day a week daytime position, she can keep her seniority and spot on the auxillary list as well as giving her a guaranteed extra shift a week. Basically... her old job. But now they're making her interview for the position and saying they can no longer guarantee the 3rd shift.

Oh, and they keep postponing her meetings because they insist that her union representation must be of their choosing and not hers. Her current representation is the head of the local.

Basically they're awful human beings.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

^Jesus Christ.

There shouldn't be any form of negotiation. 1) She should have her old job back, no sudden shiftchanges. 2) If the said job has dissappeared, they are liable to provide a similar one like the old job, with the same wage and benefits. 3) The company has no say on who from the union that should represent her.

4) Anyone with common sense knows that it is completely absurd and idiotic to demand a new-to-become mother to do nightshifts.

Failure to comply on any of those terms and the company should be fined with heavy damages.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That is absolutely ****ing outrageous. I don't know what to suggest. They're clearly trying to finagle the angles by muddying their counter-offers and trying to cherry pick the rep. Who the hell are they?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh, and they keep postponing her meetings because they insist that her union representation must be of their choosing and not hers. Her current representation is the head of the local.

AKA "someone who will agree with our views no matter how ridiculous and unfair they truly are."

Disgusting. If I was in that position and the job market wasn't so sour I'd just resign, there would be plenty of other employers with integrity.

I would try to establish who they are looking to get as the rep. It may be they are trying to get you to make a stand on something pointless to make you look bad. However, what really boils me is, I could understand some crap like this if the situation were worth ten grand or more, but over a few shifts? That's ****ing evil, man. I swear some people like to play dirty just to play dirty.

-Elwood Blues

Basically what we figure is going on, is before she went on maternity leave there was a management change, everyone that worked there before quit because they couldn't handle working under the new manager, my GF is the last one left so we figure the new manager is trying to get rid of her so she can't be an influence on the new staff.

http://www.childrens-foundation.org/pages/home/home.php

This is who she works for.

Oh, the rep they are trying to force on her is a shop steward who hasn't finished his training yet.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just a question, but WTF is up with imageshack?

Looks like they were hacked. Pretty lame, to hack a site that offers itself as pretty much a free hosting service. Hopefully they will be able to recover and restore the images soon enough.

Wish me luck tonight, you bastards.

:p

Survived day 1 of motorcycle training. No bruises or broken bones. So far, so good.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wish me luck tonight, you bastards.

I just had a thought: why not sneak it onto her finger during sex?

-Elwood Blues

I don't think either set of parents would have appreciated that, Wals. But lol, nonetheless.

So I take it it went well?

Devastatorsig.jpg