Collector's Edition

What you're gonna do with a stupid case? It has no value.

Please Obsidian, give me something of use. Thank you.

I'm going to put it with the rest of my collection and wish all the rest had such nice cases. :)

I fail to see how a nice metal case is of any less use than a making of DVD or a poster.

A DVD, I can watch. An OST, I can listen. A nude poster, I can dream.

But what can I do with a steelbook case?

The case has to be signed by Avellone on the inside though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No offense to Fryda Wolff, but my wife might be the one to answer the door. How about this instead? I don't give a damn about signed copies or the like. I just want to have a extra goodies in-game. I might buy the collector's edition, but they're not really worth the money in any real way. If you're sentimental and enjoy them, fine, but there's usually nothing worth while in them that you can't get otherwise.

I mean... *shrug* notepads and the like? I've been lurking around here for a while and I usually don't have much to say, but I can't see what they'd put in the CE that would really make it valuable. I might buy one to support Obsidian, but I'm not buying one because I think it has any real lasting value beyond the regular box. ...And if I buy one to support Obsidian, why not just buy a regular one and send them a check for the difference? haha

Seriously, though, I guess it wouldn't hurt to get the cheap collectibles.

Shipping the game in a little crate shaped box would be a nice touch :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just want to have a extra goodies in-game.

They always end up being made available for everyone though, one way or the other. If you only had in-game extras sales would probably drop.

Making of DVD, OST CD, poster with whatever people want to dream about are just fine. However I would much rather go for other stuff, so how about a cool LED keyring pendant (I just read that a possible translation for what I mean would be key fob, so I want to assure you people that this has nothing to do with my name here :)).

Or how about an AP pocket knife (a set of lockpicks would be really cool but I doubt they can do that). Anyway, gadgets would be really cool and fit best to the whole spy RPG thing IMO).

As far as the steel book edition is concerned, I don't really have anything against it. However, I would prefer the case to be made like a dossier file (anyone familiar with the special edition of the Bourne DVDs?). I think that would be a cool casing.

• 1 month later...

I read that Modern War 2 would get working night vision goggles in one of its more exclusive versions! So now I'm hoping Obsidian sends us a working Glock.. or a small handgrenade.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!