Witcher enhanced edition bis

ramza

As far as nudity goes, I bought mine off of STEAM and I don't see how the models could be more nude. Shaved from head to toe, maybe? I mean, sorry, it's a video game. If I'm looking to get my jollies, there has to be a more expediant method than playing until the first dryad/Niad/Lake Lady area so I can walk around staring at green breasts.

I doubt if I get the patch because I probably won't play the game again. The movement tends to drive me crazy, but it has a lot of good ideas for an RPG. Ideas that should make their way into other games. Some aren't new, but altogether they're very good.

It's as if they treated us like mindless consumers that would go buy every edition they would try to sell as "new and different".

But, that was sort of my point. You don't have to buy it, you get it for free if you already have the game. It is aimed at those who haven't bought it yet.

In case anybody wondered, I meant to say they are not the only company that rerelease existing games, not that they are. I shouldn't post that late at night :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

In any case, to put it simply, I disagree with the choice of repackaging the game as this new version has barely any new content (and most of it is not even made by the company). This adds almost nothing to the already existing EE.

How many people are they left that haven't already played the game? How many people who have already played it, will play it again? Not many... So, it does seem rather pointless to repackage the game... It's as if Bioware re-released NWN1 along with the newest patch and a couple of hall of fame modules... People would have found that ridiculous and would have attributed this to the milking of the franchise, so why everything thinks its normal when CDP does this? Doing it once with the EE was a nice move, but it seems to become a trend for them to release a new version with each major patch...

WTF??? They are also releasing a Director's Cut??? This is just confirming what I have been saying... With each update, they make a new re-release...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

It's as if Bioware re-released NWN1 along with the newest patch and a couple of hall of fame modules... People would have found that ridiculous and would have attributed this to the milking of the franchise

So looks like you never heard of NWN Diamond :)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I might get the Director's Cut if the price point is reasonable. I think the Witcher is a great game and CDProjekt did an awesome job. I'll just give my original copy to a friend who might be interested. I'm trying to convert my more casual game playing friends to the RPG genre. So far its not happening.

Wish they would give us some info on a possible sequel though.

It's as if Bioware re-released NWN1 along with the newest patch and a couple of hall of fame modules... People would have found that ridiculous and would have attributed this to the milking of the franchise

So looks like you never heard of NWN Diamond :)

NWN diamond edition included both expansions and all of the official module packs released at the time. It had the merit of adding something compared to previous packages (and it was all stuff made by Bio itself)...

Atari/Bioware even had the decency not to release a new version when the 3 other modules packs (infinite dungeons, pirates of the sword coast and knights of cormyr - or however those are called) became available. If it had been CDP, they would have made another ultimate package and would have said "Look, we got some more stuff for you, it's uber cool"...

RPGamers are not cretins as far as I know... We ain't buying that...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Some people here never heard of GOTY or Gold editions.

And patching up re-releases is unfortunately not all that common yet. The BG-pack and IWD-pack still forced me to manually download all patches (like that outrageous free expansion called " Trial of the Luremaster". Seriously, Black Isle. What where you guys thinking, adding free additional content to a patch? >_<)

Also; the director's cut probably is intended for people like me, having never played The Witcher, and being willing to do so, but never found a hardcopy in a store o:).

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So looks like you never heard of NWN Diamond o:)

NWN diamond edition included both expansions and all of the official module packs released at the time.

But what it did added compared to NWN Platinum edition >_< In your words adding 3 premium modules and making totaly new edition for full price was outrageous... OMG HOW COULD BIOWARE DO THAT!!!

Edited by Mamoulian War

They could have just sticked to the original Enhanced Edition. Do we really need this? The patch updates can be downloaded anytime from the official site and the modules are not anything official (they can thus be ignored).

We have been waiting for a sequel for some time now, and all they have been doing is milking the same game again and again.

Common, this is just a patch and a few fan-made modules (which could be crappy by the way). Does this justify a re-release? Certainly not. I admit that the original EE did add to the game but this thing is just worthless and not even worth the hype (yes, they are hyping this as a something new, but it isn't anything extraordinary). As some people have stated on the Codex thread, the company may be doing this just to avoid seeing the game fall in the bargain bin.

I find this whole commercial move to be ridiculous, and it is time they move on to a new project. Most of the people interested in RPGs have already bought or played the game, so I don't think this new version will have any significant impact on the company's sales. The Witcher is reaching its end cycle and it's time for a sequel...

Way to look a gifthorse in the mouth and than puke in it.

If anything is ridiculous it's your attitude.

Krezack: Oh my, that was a very well-argumented answer... If you can't understand that there is almost nothing new and worthwhile in this new edition, then I pity you... It adds practically NOTHING to the already existing EE. Everything is already there online and not really that necessary. Imagine if Beth and Bio picked the best mods out there and made an ultimate package. How ridiculous would that seem? I appreciate what CDP has done so far but this will not prevent me from criticizing the company when I believe they are acting poorly... Yet, you keep justifying them. At this rate, we will get a dozen editions of The Witcher, each with a different patch and a new artbook...

Llyranor: Meh, go back to bed and stop posting here...

Imagine if Beth and Bio picked the best mods out there and made an ultimate package. How ridiculous would that seem?

As i said, after releaseing NWN2 Platinum, Bioware did the same with releasing NWN Diamond... No one blamed them everybody was happy...

Well, they did add the premium modules made by them (and not modules from the nwvault community). I still find this a poor excuse for a re-release but I didn't get the chance to complain about it at the time...

My main gripe against CDP is that I am seeing a trend where they will be releasing a new version with a tiny number of new stuff and small changes that are actually not that essential (like a patch)... The game is already stable in its current state...

I was pretty pissed off when Bioware released all their various shovelware versions of NWN as well.

I mean, vanilla NWN was okay. I then got SoU; a good deal for an xpac! They then released the gold version. I bought it, but felt a bit ripped off, since it only had NWN and SoU in it. I was pretty happy with HotU, since that was actually new content. NWN Diamond was kind of disappointing as well, since all they did was bundle NWN and the two xpacs together. I forgave them when they released the DLC modules. I bought them all individually, and they weren't overly expensive. When I found they were re-releasing the game + xpacs + DLC modules together, that was the last straw. I've had with companies rereleasing the same game every year with little to no new content, and then sell it off as a new game in order to garner a few extra sales. Bioware should eat Hades and die. At least another company had enough sense to start making a sequel to the series, rather than just rehashing the same crap over and over again. They might as well call it Left 4 Dead 2.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

• 1 month later...

if you missed it Witcher patch 1.5 just got released :sorcerer:

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/

When I play the witcher, I can keep a cup of coffee warm on top of my cooling thingie next to my pc :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Awesome. I think I'll DL it and start a new game.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Does Sciqgnij mean Download?

I don't even understand hpw a qgn can all be pushed together like that. What the hell sound does it make?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yes

Yes

Thank you.