Witcher enhanced edition bis

ramza

I can run Crysis with all settings maxed and it's fine. The Witcher crashes nearly every time I play and the loading times are longer than all my other games put together.

Concerning the loading issues, did you patch the game? Those are extremely annoying but got reduced by a factor of 80% after patch 1.2 (CD Projekt are like Obsidian : good stories and characters, horrid optimisation and technical skills, especially at launch).

Concerning the loading issues, did you patch the game? Those are extremely annoying but got reduced by a factor of 80% after patch 1.2 (CD Projekt are like Obsidian : good stories and characters, horrid optimisation and technical skills, especially at launch).

I patched the original game with the EE version and it didn't seem to make a difference. Should I patch again to a later version?

The Witcher is a hopeless case when it comes to loading times, even when patched up...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The Witcher is a hopeless case when it comes to loading times, even when patched up...

Are we talking about the same Witcher game? :sorcerer:

Can't really say I noticed the loading times 8)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Good God.. just played a Salamandra battle for about 30 mins and the game crashed before a save point. About time to just quit this game..

WHat battle took you 30 minutes?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

with Enhanced Edition and now the directors cut patches applied my loading times are faster than the ones I have on WoW.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Good God.. just played a Salamandra battle for about 30 mins and the game crashed before a save point. About time to just quit this game..

Huh, what save point? You can save your game anytime you want to... I hope you did know that...

The longest time I have spent in a battle was about 5-7 mins. How come you spent 30? Unless you just played the intro...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The Witcher wasn't entirely stable on my system, but I had very few crashed and those that I did have tended to come when I was alt-tabbed out of the game and came back into it. Loading times were frustrating, but loading times for every game frustrate me, including WoW and most other games where I even see a loading screen. And my computer is fast. I imagine I'd be gibbering with rage if I had a slower system.

Ahh... I kept fighting a wave of enemies when after a couple mouse clicks on a teleport didn't open it up so I thought I'd have to fight this battle before it'd open but it never did and subsequently the game crashes cause there must've been the remains of 50 or so enemies lying about. Reloading another game and trying it again worked. I don't know if it's my setup or what, but half the time during battle, mouse clicks aren't very responsive.

Act IV is refreshing.. Acts II and III together were just far too long for me.

I don't know if it's my setup or what, but half the time during battle, mouse clicks aren't very responsive.

Are you using a mouse that requires a program to run in the background -id est Microsoft Mouse-? I've sometimes had issues with that and mouse responce time. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

*shrugs*.. just have a regular USB mouse..

Are you folks serious about the loading times being ok? I just timed mine... the initial loading to get into the game is 4 minutes and the loading when you die is 2 minutes.. what the hell??

mine was like 5 seconds before my computer died... it may just be your computer doesn't have the ram or processor to keep up or something.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

*shrugs*.. just have a regular USB mouse..

Are you folks serious about the loading times being ok? I just timed mine... the initial loading to get into the game is 4 minutes and the loading when you die is 2 minutes.. what the hell??

what?

i have single core AMD 2.2Ghz and maximum load time i have ever had was 1 minute...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Loading times from patch 1.2 onwards was very fast. 10 secs maybe, or less.

Using an AMD CPU and a single-core is a crime to video games btw.

it's enough to play most of the today games on 1680x1050 and almost full details... no antialiasing... not gonna bother to invest in new PC with such retarded DRM like we have today on many games... not worth the money...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Are you folks serious about the loading times being ok?

Yes. :)

Ah, I don't know what the deal is.. Now it's about 3 minutes to load after dying. I've about lost all my patience with this.

The game has some good variety in choices to be made, and since I'm pretty much past that point in the game.. all that's left are battles in this boring combat system and it's just far too painful to have to reload after dying.

The Witcher = cool choices to make with everything else just being tedious and nothing special.

Indeed..

I liked the fact that you could install different languages for voice overs and since being unable to speak those languages you're unable to tell how bad the voice acting is. I dropped the English and went to changing between French and Hungarian.

Some of the characters were memorable as well as some of the situations you choose to get involved in and from time to time the story would get your interest. But I didn't like the multitude of fetch quests that made up the middle bulk of the game and there just isn't much variety in the look of the levels. Plus, the way the levels were designed felt very rigid and cheap, i.e. being unable to scale a 6 inch "wall" or rock and having to walk all the way around. I wish you didn't have to find a campfire or bring up the sleep icon in a dialogue in order to level up. It's just annoying having to waste time to find somewhere in order to "meditate", why can't you just do it anywhere?

I'm not really a fan of the combat system either. The magic spells are about worthless. All you do is wait for the sword icon to light up, click and possibly load a potion or two. And there's absolutely no logic in not being able to leave a crypt or go into another loading area just because you're in battle mode. Or why can't you use your Ardi to blow almost everything away instead of the select few destructible areas? How come if a building is on fire or if there's fire littered about, you can't meditate there? Why does it have to be a campfire and hell, why can't you make your own campfire? You can make your own potions, why can't you just gather a few sticks and hit Igni over top of em?

There's a bunch of little things that don't really make sense. I guess a lot of the game's mechanics are too old school for me.

Sounds like you are looking for a real world physics simulator :)

Tried The Sims yet? :)

Just kidding. I think what you are looking for is beyond the capabilities of most engines and way beyond what the dusty old Aurora engine can do.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sounds like you are looking for a real world physics simulator :ermm:

Tried The Sims yet? :shifty:

Just kidding. I think what you are looking for is beyond the capabilities of most engines and way beyond what the dusty old Aurora engine can do.

Not really.. you took it a bit too literally. Basically, I don't see a point in having to waste time by going elsewhere to level up. It's just a small thing to make you do extra legwork. Why not just be able to hit one key to bring up the screen in order to do it anywhere?

The use of Ardi was too gimmicky. They only allowed you to knock through a few piles of rubble that were set there to obscure your view/path. All the other rubble piles in the game are immovable simply because it'd either conflict with the path they wanted you to take or because that area isn't dark enough, i.e. a crypt, and thus wouldn't fit in with their main reason for having that "feature".

Heck, even the original Red Faction failed at delivering anything but lip service to "destructable environment". It was obvious then, as it is now, that it is not there to support free roaming, but part of a puzzle. I.e. the puzzle is, you need to figure out which special ability to overcome an obstacle. The game really only needed two spells, the unlock door (blast rubble) and the kill enemy in droves (cook enemies) spells. Just for fun, I made use of the other ones (if nothing else, because I enjoyed watching the little spikes come up of the ground and impale my enemies), but then I played on easy. Never was much of a power gamer.

So, you would rather they had just left out Aard (sp?) alltogether rather than pretend it was a telekinetic power?