What you did today

Gorth

Three months salary, my ass!

two months, actually. and that was a marketing ploy by de beers to get people to buy diamonds as a symbol of love back in the 30s and 40s.

i spent about one month of salary on the two rings my wife and i got. mine is just a $250 band (which i have misplaced recently), and my wife's is a pretty simple ring with a 76 point diamond. she recently told me she actually wants a wedding band, too. her ring is not really set up for a separate band, so i did not get one at the time. given that september marks our 10th anniversary, assuming we haven't divorced by then, i'll oblige her. :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

any night i spend at home with the wife that does not involve extreme cursing, particularly of the hall sex variety, puts me in a good mood. i actually was out buying her birthday gifts a bit ago. bunches of stuff from bath and body works. they're having a sale. tomorrow is her birthday. tomorrow is pool night. conundrum.

taks

I just put some money down on an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Three months salary, my ass!

Hehe, congrats! When are you going to pop the question?

Next month, on the 21st, I think. Most of my family will be up, so I'll shock her then.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I just put some money down on an engagement ring for my girlfriend. Three months salary, my ass!

Hehe, congrats! When are you going to pop the question?

Next month, on the 21st, I think. Most of my family will be up, so I'll shock her then.

Grats Kor!

The salary thing really depends on what you make. I wasn't making much when I got engaged, so I'd say two months is close to what I spent. I also didn't have anywhere near the bills or debt. Twas the beginning of the end!

I think hubby and I spent $20 on some sterling silver bands at a jewelry convention. Hahahaha. No engagement ring, we were poor then and I'd just lose it anyway. We haven't worn our rings for a while now...took them off one day while swimming and just never put them back on. Someday I'll get us some titanium bands or something, tho.

And congrats, Kor. May you be blessed with decades of hall-sex bliss! ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The salary thing really depends on what you make. I wasn't making much when I got engaged, so I'd say two months is close to what I spent.

Two months?!? ;)

Someday I'll get us some titanium bands or something, tho.

Wedding rings... ;)

shackles1.jpg

Had a few days off this week. Could feel my mind starting to crack on the surface, seeing little moving shadows on the walls etc. Got some much needed sleep and a break. Even got to post a little. I should do that more often :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got our roadtrip plans all figured out. Going to check out the RV tomorrow.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

so get her a pool table for her birthday :)

we already have one, sitting about 15' from where i'm currently seated. i met her playing pool, btw, so the homer angle of buying her pool equipment to use for myself wouldn't work quite right. :ermm:

taks

@Gorth - lol :ermm:

Boneless beef ribs are relatively cheap --$3-4 a lb vs. $6-8 a lb for the better sirloin/t-bone/ribeye steaks-- and taste pretty good (ie, like ribs) when BBQ'd. More tender than the cheapie steak cuts, too. Don't laugh, I never tried buying them before. I'd see them, but think "if I want ribs, I'll just buy the rack o' ribs..." And they cook faster/easier w/out all that bone.

The gas-grill is working out nicely. Just leave the crusty stuff on the burner covers/drip pan area for the smoke effect and it starts to taste something closer to charcoal grilling.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The salary thing really depends on what you make. I wasn't making much when I got engaged, so I'd say two months is close to what I spent.

Two months?!? ;)

Well, I was making $400 a week, and I believe the ring was about $2,500. Of course I financed it so I had a year to pay it off without interest or finance charges. I also didn't have all the expenses I do now so it was easy to pay off when I was paying a pittance in bills and rent.

Got our roadtrip plans all figured out. Going to check out the RV tomorrow.

Whoo, what kind of RV?

I've got my summer RV trip planned out, but we don't leave for two weeks. I plan on starting a thread and updating it daily when we take off.

The RV is going to be 30 feet and sleeps seven people. That'll leave us with no extra space while we sleep. We're leaving in about three weeks. Right now I'm hoping we lose one of our passengers soon.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

got my plans for the winter solstice all sorted

girlfriend's coming round and we're gonna grab a blanket and go sit on the roof with a bottle of wine :lol:

it better not rain though....

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I spent the day moving stuff, got about a quarter of our place done. Problem with settling in one place for 4 years is you gather 4 years of junk in one place.

I did a purge last summer, and I've been in my condo for over a decade! As my girlfriend likes to point out, I have a bad habit of not throwing anything away, from old clothes (which should probably go to goodwill) to boxes from dvd players, cameras, and so on and so forth.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I spent the day moving stuff, got about a quarter of our place done. Problem with settling in one place for 4 years is you gather 4 years of junk in one place.

I did a purge last summer, and I've been in my condo for over a decade! As my girlfriend likes to point out, I have a bad habit of not throwing anything away, from old clothes (which should probably go to goodwill) to boxes from dvd players, cameras, and so on and so forth.

I'm the same way. I keep boxes from like every purchase I make becuase of some delusion that I might have to return it some day but 3 years goes by and it just collects dust and then I'm too lazy to throw it away. I do the same with just about everything else. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Been to a small LAN party at a local internet cafe. We played a few games (AvP2, UT3, CoD1), but the main venue was CoD4, and it was a blast.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

It's 2:04 am and Im at the local Albertsons picking up Vitamin Water (10 for 10) and Emergin-C (for my mother). I get to the check out and the cashier is missing, but there are two other guys waiting to be checked out. The cashier returns with two men and a box of condoms (they lock up the condoms and lube in this store so a cashier has to get them for you) as well as a few grocery items, and proceeds to check them out.

I listen to the men talk and apparently there are girls waiting for them back in the hotel.

This strikes me as odd:

You are an adult male

You are in Las Vegas

You have attractive females and large amounts of alcohol

Wouldnt you have condoms already? Whether youre with your girlfriend or hooking up with someone youve just met, I'd think condoms would be up there with toothbrushes and a change of underwear as 'stuff you want when you stay in Vegas.' While this has never happened to me, if someone I was going to have sex with had to rush off for 15 to 20 minutes to find condoms, I might find my arousal level slipping significantly.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.