What you did today

Gorth

@Calax - time for a frame? :wub:

Today I did nothing very worldy interesting, just like yesterday, and am about to get my daily dose of Red Sox.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

beer lunch at trinity again today. i had the awaken stout (nitrated) and the chi golden speciale. mac and cheese bread bowl (filled with salmon, shrooms, and tomatoes) with belgian fries (chipotle "veganaise" dip), and a cheese plate appetizer (with some other stuff on it). mmm...

almost time to leave for pool. playoffs start tonight. we're either last, or 2nd to last and everyone is playing like ass, so i'm not hopeful: we're dooooooomed.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

From yesterday... tiny pictures but still.

Where did you get a signed copy?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I spent the day unable to focus at work because I'd been at work for 11 hours the previous day.

Also apparently someone made a complaint about the office so I got the hear about that.

And my nap when I got home was interrupted by something falling over and making a loud thump.

And now I'm sitting here bleary eyed unable to sleep hoping that I haven't just posted something like "Tharg wobbler grunk bark".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

From yesterday... tiny pictures but still.

Where did you get a signed copy?

It was part of his fanfic contest prize. :)

yup, that, a tee shirt, and apparently plans are that I'm gonna have a character in New Vegas named after me.

like i said, weirdest part about the Storm of Zehir is that it's Euro not US :woot:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Woke after some very pleasant dreams that I won't go into, and set about eating soda bread, and playing Company of Heroes. I'm still getting these NAT issues, and my pet techies tell me it's down to sloppy coding rather than the server as Relic claim. Bloody frustrating.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

spent all my time after work yesterday filming and doing voiceover work for our 48 hour film festival entry

still got to do a bit of editing before handing it in tonight though

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

So I think I observed an eventual suicide on my way home from the gym. I was just driving along, minding my own business when all the sudden I see something incredible. There is just a young (asian I believe) man with long black hair standing off to the side of the road in the middle of the train tracks staring off into the pitch black darkness. It was really eerie. Essentially these train tracks kind of follow the wash and split neighborhoods and what not but there's always about 50 or 60 yards on either side of the track that is just undeveloped desert so it was just a long corridor of pitch darkness contrasted against the lights of suburbia so it looked pretty cool but yeah I was thinking of pulling a uturn and giving this guy a "hey buddy" or "hey a hole, the train ain't due till 10 tommorow." but I'm not that kind of person and what if he wasn't contemplating suicide then I'd be a complete tosser deluxe. Either way as far as I know that train doesn't make too many rounds so he's going to be waiting a while.

Then I got home and found out the protein my mom bought me is strawberry flavored. :'(

I'm damning Kevin Spacey for this one.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

So I think I observed an eventual suicide on my way home from the gym. I was just driving along, minding my own business when all the sudden I see something incredible. There is just a young (asian I believe) man with long black hair standing off to the side of the road in the middle of the train tracks staring off into the pitch black darkness. It was really eerie. Essentially these train tracks kind of follow the wash and split neighborhoods and what not but there's always about 50 or 60 yards on either side of the track that is just undeveloped desert so it was just a long corridor of pitch darkness contrasted against the lights of suburbia so it looked pretty cool but yeah I was thinking of pulling a uturn and giving this guy a "hey buddy" or "hey a hole, the train ain't due till 10 tommorow." but I'm not that kind of person and what if he wasn't contemplating suicide then I'd be a complete tosser deluxe. Either way as far as I know that train doesn't make too many rounds so he's going to be waiting a while.

Then I got home and found out the protein my mom bought me is strawberry flavored. :'(

I'm damning Kevin Spacey for this one.

If it helps your conscience, just pretend he was a terrorist on recconaissance.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just sneezed hot chilli through my soft palate and into my sinuses. It is not pleasant.

-Elwood Blues

Ouch, sounds painful Walsingham, chilli-filled as well as -coloured nose ahoi :(

Worked on the project report for our artist robot and almost filled the due pages :) Now only the programming of that (damnable) thing must successfully continue.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Went to a Christening with my hangover and curried sinuses. I got confused and began the affirmation of the faith before I realised what I was doing. Finished it out of embarassment in case someone realised I was a cretin. Much cake and beer at the after-party thing. I gave the wee feller a copy of Sun Tzu's Art of War. The only sensible present he had all day. :(

-Elwood Blues

I am ending up placing my mom in nursing home care. :ermm:

I'm sorry to hear that, man. :( Still, sometimes it has to be done.

-Elwood Blues

I am ending up placing my mom in nursing home care. :ermm:

I'm sorry to hear that, man. :( Still, sometimes it has to be done.

I know, but still. The main problem is that she isn't really taking good careof herself. Her blood sugar level this morning was at a count of 27. Not good at all. The upside is that where she will be staying I will be able to visit a whole lot more often since we will be in the same town.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

My mother's birthday, then hubby's birthday on Mother's Day ... or is it, mother's birthday on Mother's Day, then hubby's birthday ... or ... mother's birthday then hubby's birthday then Mother's Day ... or ...

I find May very confusing. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hi all... long time no post. A lot has happened lately, too much to get into. But today I paid off all my medical bills, all my credit cards, and all of my outstanding debt. Except for my mortgage and regular monthly bills (electric, satellite, etc) I dont owe a penny to anyone. That is a GREAT feeling. I hooked up with another dog rescue group that is based in Millington. This weekend I'm getting my first foster dog since 2007. Supposedly this one (she is in animal control in Murfeesboro) has socialization issues. That is one problem I do know how to solve in dogs. I can't solve it in myself but I can fix it in dogs.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

There's nothing like getting the big debt monkey off your back. Congrats.

I've been thinking about fostering cats for a couple no-kill shelters, instead of having my own, because it always makes me so sad to see an unwanted kitty, but I'm not sure I could handle the giving them up part if they found people willing to give them permanent homes. :):(