Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Pineapple Express

Meh, I laughed when

James Franco had his leg through the windshield

, but that was about it.

That and the opening scene with the military experiments were the funniest parts of the movie.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The Lawnmower Man

terrible

You think the first was bad (I actually liked it), then you should see the sequel. It managed to worm its way into the bottom 100 on imdb. Like those who have glimpsed hell or some other unspeakable horror I have purged my mind of whatever happened in the movie, lest I crawl into a corner, drool on myself and scream 'MAKE IT STOP! TAKE THESE FOUL WRETCHED IMAGES FROM MY MINDS EYE!'

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

not so much a movie i watched but i heard Ryan Reynolds is gonna be playing the Green Lantern

so that's a Marvel and DC character he's got in the bag then

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Anyone seen Public Enemies yet? Looking forward to that one very much.

It sucked. They spent the entire goddamned move talking. It was epically slow - seriously, my great-grandmother can move faster than that movie did. It had only one remotely redeeming quality- BARs.

EDIT: Seriously, it was almost in the same category of epic (and unending) pha1l as Titanic, aka the worst movie ever made.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

not so much a movie i watched but i heard Ryan Reynolds is gonna be playing the Green Lantern

so that's a Marvel and DC character he's got in the bag then

He wouldn't have been my first choice for Hal Jordan, I see him more as a Wally West Flash, but being a geek and a pretty decent actor, I'm sure he won't intentionally **** it up.

heheh, Green Lantern is married to Black Widow.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

EDIT: Seriously, it was almost in the same category of epic (and unending) pha1l as Titanic, aka the worst movie ever made.

While not a personal favorite, it seems a bit silly to label the best selling movie ever as the worst movie ever made.

PVRed Disaster Movie the other day, I'm always curious about those silly spoof flicks. It was a disaster all right. Only movie that I have actually turned off because I couldn't take anymore. I will honestly say its the worst movie I have ever seen.

On a similar note, Meet the Spartans was ****ing hilarious.

EDIT:

Also, I found this fan-trailer for a GL movie thats actually pretty badass.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Anchorman

laaaaaaame

Will Ferrell is really just not very funny at all :grin:

He's the new Jim Carrey. Everything he's in he is exactly the same. Though Anchorman is probably his best flick.

Devastatorsig.jpg

While not a personal favorite, it seems a bit silly to label the best selling movie ever as the worst movie ever made.

Sales don't necessarily correspond to quality. Look at something like Wii Sports- its one of the best-selling games ever made, but its a steaming pile of crap...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Sales don't necessarily correspond to quality. Look at something like Wii Sports- its one of the best-selling games ever made, but its a steaming pile of crap...

There is no way that Titanic is even in the top 5,000 worst movies ever made. The acting, special effects blah blah blah are certainly much better than a ton of movies that have been made since movies were invented.

No.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Transformers 2, at the IMAX, which has the largest screen in the UK. The film was pretty but awful when it came to story and plot - and I do mean dire. Popcorn-chomping crap for when you want to switch off; don't imagine it'll shock you to the core or that you'll be crying at the end or anything, though.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

First off, Wiisports is the bestselling game because it is packaged with every Wii, so your comparison doesn't work. But I would disagree with your opinion anyways, Wiisports is a fantastic introductory title to the Wii, and is easy to pick up for people that have never played games before. It has a gigantic audience that most games would love to be able to reach.

It's ok that you dislike The Titanic and Wiisports, I just don't think it is healthy for you to ignore the fact that they are quality products that have achieved success because they reach a large demographic.

way that Titanic is even in the top 5,000 worst movies ever made. The acting, special effects blah blah blah are certainly much better than a ton of movies that have been made since movies were invented.

Way too much acting, and it just never ended...

First off, Wiisports is the bestselling game because it is packaged with every Wii, so your comparison doesn't work. But I would disagree with your opinion anyways, Wiisports is a fantastic introductory title to the Wii, and is easy to pick up for people that have never played games before. It has a gigantic audience that most games would love to be able to reach.

It's ok that you dislike The Titanic and Wiisports, I just don't think it is healthy for you to ignore the fact that they are quality products that have achieved success because they reach a large demographic.

I realized that particular loophole... Wii Sports may be a good introducory game, but its just so casual. I'm kind of biased because its a casual game made by Miya-friggin-moto. I never thought I would see it happen.

Anchorman

laaaaaaame

Will Ferrell is really just not very funny at all :)

He's the new Jim Carrey. Everything he's in he is exactly the same. Though Anchorman is probably his best flick.

Admittedly Jim has started shifting from his role with things like the Majestic. Doesn't work quite as well. Carrey is also pretty good at playing the role other than "dumb funny guy". Farrell doesn't seem to have gotten out of that. By this I mean that I remember Farrell from the trailers of Anchorman, Taladega Nights, Blades of Fury, and Land of the Lost coming across as the guy who's ALWAYS wrong or so pigheadedly stupid it's not funny. Carrey started with the Mask but ended up being pigeonholed into that role. I donno... I guess Farrel could be the next Carrey but I don't see Farrell moving away from the archtype as Carrey did.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Transformers 2, at the IMAX, which has the largest screen in the UK. The film was pretty but awful when it came to story and plot - and I do mean dire. Popcorn-chomping crap for when you want to switch off; don't imagine it'll shock you to the core or that you'll be crying at the end or anything, though.

Story? Plot? In a Michael Bay film? Never! :) Strangely though, this one was worse than most of his films, a feat in itself (Pearl Harbor, anyone?). I couldn't even shut my brain off to enjoy this one. And, somehow, the robots managed to look even less distinguishable than they did in the first film. InSidious is right on the money--terrible movie from start to its painful finish at 2 hours and 30 some minutes later.

Was I the only one who laughed when Optimus died? I get the impression that's not what I'm supposed to be doing for the "hero" character. Oh, and when the helicopter dropped him from a good twenty feet from the air? Gold. Solid gold.