What you did today

Gorth

Just finished the 4th and last Masters app.

I don't know why I applied for such expensive ones as an international student (and couldn't even find any relevant external scholarships), but pfeh.

Valentines was surprisingly low-key today from the businesses. Didn't notice a thing.

Since I basically did all my homework last night I'm going to watch the majority of my tv shows today and begin writing my fan fic throughout the day and tonight and then probably finish it tomorrow hopefully. However I really have the urge to pick up playing the witcher again out of some kind of weird fantasy urge, so I might download the enhanced version or w/e and start playing even though I'll probably have to start all over but I suppose that means I can actually freakin have a build that doesn't blow freakin pissed me off having to fight the demon boss canine 50 times just to reload 45 minutes before to change my skills. Then again I might get 15 minutes into it and get angry becuase the thought of getting to Vizima or w/e scares me ebcuase thats where I quit all those months ago.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Nice... Very nice... Is she going with you tomorrow or are you going to pick someone up there? :p

haha nah she's not coming up

that's part of the reason i'm seeing her tonight before i leave

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect

Yeah, gotta get that quick shag in before you head off to the sheep infested capital of the world, don't ya? :p

Next monday I start uni, the study, once again, will be mostly external, because of where I live and the distance from campus, plus the fact most off campus students study externally anyway since very few of the lectures are necessary to attend. Assignments and reading material can be accessed on the internet. I'm doing psychology, 3 years undergraduate, 1 year honours then 2 years postgraduate. The end goal is a Masters Degree/Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.

And also I've started watching the 1st season of Heroes, I've seen the first 8 episodes so far and it's so good.

Edited by The Architect

Sat around, raided a bit, did a few instances, all in wow. Then made myself feel superior by watching ExtantDodo's Kent Hovind videos.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, gotta get that quick shag in before you head off to the sheep infested capital of the world, don't ya? :ermm:

Next monday I start uni, the study, once again, will be mostly external, because of where I live and the distance from campus, plus the fact most off campus students study externally anyway since very few of the lectures are necessary to attend. Assignments and reading material can be accessed on the internet. I'm doing psychology, 3 years undergraduate, 1 year honours then 2 years postgraduate. The end goal is a Masters Degree/Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.

And also I've started watching the 1st season of Heroes, I've seen the first 8 episodes so far and it's so good.

PhD in just 2 years? How many studypoints are required? How many studypoints do you usually get per course? Do you have to keep lectures? Correcting course-assigments?

For me, it would've been 60 studypoints (about 3-5sp per course), having to lecture 2-3 courses per year, then i would have to do some research as well. The professor told us that, if we were interested, it would take atleast 3-3,5 years. Most people spent 4-5 years though. Suffice to say, i wasn't that interested.

But this was of course at the Engineering/Computer Science department.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seeing Opeth and Entombed today at Pakkahuone, Tampere. Am pretty excited, though before that hav'ta run to the uni to return exams, arrange a meeting and see an old friend come to town.

In other news, she looks so cute when she's asleep. :wub:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

sat around on my lazy ass and then learned that SQUARE is buying Eidos... Lara Croft in Kingdom Hearts?

I forgot that I'm finding a footing that I might want to finish a degree in. Either Geology or Business.

Geology because it's in high demand right now (these are the guys who prospect for resources) and I know a very good college nearby (within 2 hrs from my current residence) in UNR.

Business because I obviously have a head for it (and marketing as well), well at least from what little I've seen in business 300, on our projects etc. I'm the one who has to order my group to put things in high traffic areas (rather than just on a wall in the middle of nowhere) and am the only one to realize that when you're selling a product you're also selling the packaging.

Edited by Calax

For me, it would've been 60 studypoints (about 3-5sp per course), having to lecture 2-3 courses per year, then i would have to do some research as well. The professor told us that, if we were interested, it would take atleast 3-3,5 years. Most people spent 4-5 years though. Suffice to say, i wasn't that interested.

But this was of course at the Engineering/Computer Science department.

difficult, indeed, a phd in any engineering discipline (hard science in general). mine was 54 credit hours TOTAL (18 classes), which counted up to 30 credits earned toward the master's degree (which i ended up with 39 in anyway) plus dissertation. since i already had an MS, it took 8 more courses (24 hours) and 30 hours of dissertation work. we did not have a foreign language requuirement though i likely would have met that through high school/undergrad german that i took.

the dissertation is, ultimately, why i spent 6 months on zoloft and still have serious stomach problems, nearly a year later.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I've spent the last 3 days wasting my time trying to get The Witcher enhanced edition to work. So pissed off however I'm going to enjoy this final night off with some delicious chinese food and various tv shows. Freakin polish people. I mean perogies are good but learn to make a game that isn't bogged down in ridiculous amounts of bugs and stuff. Grr.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

No I went through all that crap. I start the game up and it "The Witcher has encountered a problem and must close" immediately before the intro. I've updated my graphics, cpu drivers and I've gotten directx and various patches and I'm trying to get help on their forums but it's super slow and I've even sent in a thing for atari to help but they are slow as well.

No I went through all that crap. I start the game up and it "The Witcher has encountered a problem and must close" immediately before the intro. I've updated my graphics, cpu drivers and I've gotten directx and various patches and I'm trying to get help on their forums but it's super slow and I've even sent in a thing for atari to help but they are slow as well.

I had a weird bug where the DRM scheme would keep kicking me back to the desktop and not letting me run it, I cracked it and that solved the problem.