What you did today

Gorth

Today I ordered Okami \o/.

Now to find a PS2 to play it on...

Oh, it's a beautiful and fun game :ermm:

I had quite a high temperature today and yesterday, yet needed to learn for an examn on monday - this was a partially surreal experience, always on the brink of a fever dream about semaphores and monitors, scheduling with stupid multilevel feedback queues...

Ah fever, the impoverished or aristocratic Englishman's drug of choice.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i've been playing the BGT mod all day... that's the mod that allows you to play the whole BG series using the BGII engine. seems pretty cool so far. apparently there's some transition mechanism in place between 1 and 2. other than that, today is lazy day for me as well.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'm back at work, and am so far fulfilling my new year's resolution to give less of a **** on presentations. It's making work a lot faster.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Im on the bus. I had forgotten how much work is involved in Getting ready for school.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I found out that I don't have any classes on Monday. I show up at the lecture hall this morning only to have someone come in five minutes later to announce that the lecture has been moved to Wednesday at 2pm instead of Monday at 11am. Apparently the instructor for the course was just hired a week before Christmas or something and had a schedule conflict with a different course so ours got bumped. So not only do I no longer have a course on Monday, but it neatly fills in the gap I had between classes on Wednesday. I've got 6 straight hours of class every Wednesday for the next 12 weeks. No idea what's going on with seminars yet.

I found out that I don't have any classes on Monday. I show up at the lecture hall this morning only to have someone come in five minutes later to announce that the lecture has been moved to Wednesday at 2pm instead of Monday at 11am. Apparently the instructor for the course was just hired a week before Christmas or something and had a schedule conflict with a different course so ours got bumped. So not only do I no longer have a course on Monday, but it neatly fills in the gap I had between classes on Wednesday. I've got 6 straight hours of class every Wednesday for the next 12 weeks. No idea what's going on with seminars yet.

That sucks. My schedule is going to be pretty lame coming up if I can even get into the classes. If I can't I don't exactly have a backup plan...I suppose I could take more college core classes which I don't want to do since I've already kind of put myself in a hole with taking too many leaving me mostly upper division courses. But if all goes "well" ie they aren't full (large stretch) I'll be taking two courses tuesday and thursday with an 1 and 45 minutes in between and 2 online courses. So that sucks. Means I get to eat lunch but still not cool.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The rest of the parts for my dad's new computer showed up today. Last I checked the tracking number said it was supposed to be delivered on the 6th so it arrived a day early. Not bad UPS! You're starting to redeem yourself in my eyes. Just looking at all the stuff makes me jealous though. It's even packed better than my stuff was!

brave-squirrel-04a.jpg

brave-squirrel-mbv.jpg

This one now comes to the door for peanuts. Soon as he gets one, he dashes off, but in a few minutes comes right back for another one. Often I can tap the peanut on the wall and he'll show up almost immediately. I started doing it this way because of too many large birds that would "steal" peanuts out of a dish faster than the squirrels noticed they were there. The squirrel's buddies aren't as brave as this one, but they often dig up the peanuts he buries. So instead of the bread-winner, I guess he's the "peanut winner."

The first hour of my morning now consists of sitting by the glass door drinking my caffeine, w/peanuts in my robe pocket. No, I don't try to pet him or anything stupid like that. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

brave-squirrel-04a.jpg

brave-squirrel-mbv.jpg

This one now comes to the door for peanuts. Soon as he gets one, he dashes off, but in a few minutes comes right back for another one. Often I can tap the peanut on the wall and he'll show up almost immediately. I started doing it this way because of too many large birds that would "steal" peanuts out of a dish faster than the squirrels noticed they were there. The squirrel's buddies aren't as brave as this one, but they often dig up the peanuts he buries. So instead of the bread-winner, I guess he's the "peanut winner."

The first hour of my morning now consists of sitting by the glass door drinking my caffeine, w/peanuts in my robe pocket. No, I don't try to pet him or anything stupid like that. :)

I have problems with squirrels in that they hide acorns under the roof tiles at our house and i often hear them fighting or just scampering across my wall at 5am and am forced to wake up.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just wait until your cats see him! He'll show up one day wanting a peanunt and become cat food.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have problems with squirrels in that they hide acorns under the roof tiles at our house and i often hear them fighting or just scampering across my wall at 5am and am forced to wake up.

Heh, yeah, they scamper everywhere. And I think he buries most of them. I've never seen a squirrel so obsessed with burying nuts, he really goes to town. I think he'd come to the door every 10 minutes all day long, but I don't want our yard or the neighbors yards being nothing but peanuts so I only give him a handful. :)

burying-nuts10b.jpg

Just wait until your cats see him! He'll show up one day wanting a peanut and become cat food.

Mine are indoor-only, but there's about 6 cats who periodically frequent our yard. The squirrels don't seem very bothered by them. They'll even be aggressive and chase/battle the cats when they get too close, which is funny. But most of the cats here aren't very big - just the 5-7 lb sort.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I sat at my desk today and stared at the monitor for about four hours. I have absolutely nothing to do. I have no projects, no funding, nothing left but nineteen days and a pink slip. I was utterly depressed all morning. Then at lunch I found a two month old Sports Illustrated in the bathroom. I figured at least the afternoon will go better. Then I read an article about how the Tampa Bay Bucs were poised to not just make the playoffs but possibly even be the 1st Seed. That actually depressed me even more now that we know how that turned out. Tomorrow I'm driving out to Murfesboro for a tower light audit. The tower does not need one but I just can't face that office again.

Next time I go in there I'm fill my coffee cup with Knob Creek. I don't know if that will make me feel better but it will certainly dull the ache.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Mine are indoor-only

....You know Lady I thought I could trust you. I thought you, of all people, would understand a cats heart like no one else. But I guess I was wrong. I have indoor cats as well but I mean you gotta let them outside every once in a while. Let them frolic in the sunshine and tomfool among the birds and the squirrels and experience love with a cat from out yonder. To look to the outside world and know that they are unrestrained from the petty laws of man. To be free. Where's habeus corpus when you need it

:'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I sat at my desk today and stared at the monitor for about four hours. I have absolutely nothing to do.

sounds familiar. that's what i was doing when i had my first real anxiety attack, at least, the one that put me in the horsepital. boredom is more stressful than stress, i think. knob creek may help a bit. i mean, what are they going to do if they catch you, right? ;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I have indoor cats as well but I mean you gotta let them outside every once in a while. Let them frolic in the sunshine and tomfool among the birds and the squirrels and experience love with a cat from out yonder.

They can look out the window. ;) I do let 'em outside for a few supervised minutes now and then but not much. I don't like my kitties being run over by cars. :/ Don't like fleas either. heh One day I'll build an outdoor but fenced in cat-run.

I sat at my desk today and stared at the monitor for about four hours. I have absolutely nothing to do.

Hubby's having one of those days. It puts him to sleep. He needs "emergencies" to wake his brain up.

Heh, yeah, they scamper everywhere. And I think he buries most of them. I've never seen a squirrel so obsessed with burying nuts, he really goes to town. I think he'd come to the door every 10 minutes all day long, but I don't want our yard or the neighbors yards being nothing but peanuts so I only give him a handful. ;)

burying-nuts10b.jpg

Just wait until your cats see him! He'll show up one day wanting a peanut and become cat food.

Mine are indoor-only, but there's about 6 cats who periodically frequent our yard. The squirrels don't seem very bothered by them. They'll even be aggressive and chase/battle the cats when they get too close, which is funny. But most of the cats here aren't very big - just the 5-7 lb sort.

Out door pets. I have fox squirrels around my place, I feed them bird seed.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Don't do it, shryke. Or you'll end up wizened and moody aged thirty.

I'm starting to think my old rat problem was actually squirrels, listening to you guys. They used to prat about in the roof space of my old apartment, causing a huge ruckus, but never tried to get in at my food.

Can't you put the cats on bungees? Or, better still, get dogs?

-Elwood Blues

My coworker recently fought off a squirrel infestation in his attic. Apparently they had chewed a hole through the facia near his roof and set up shop. He looked into an exterminator but they wanted $100.00/squirrel up to 12 squirrels, after that they were free. Instead he bought 5 no-kill cages off ebay and now 32 squirrels, 4 racoons, 2 possum and 2 neighbors cats later his problem is gone and he was able to reboard the roof. The funny thing is that squirrels, like some other animals, can find their way "home" even as far as 10 miles away so he would load up his car and bring them to work to release out back.

They are quite destructive. My coworker did hours of research online and found that once they set up a den on one side of your attic then next step is to set up a latrine on the other side. As you can imagine that cant be good for your insulation and drywall. That doesnt even factor in the damage they cause to enter the house, which you cant repair until you have them out or they will just chew through again. Also they drop a stupid number of pups per litter and, IIRC, have 2-3 litters per year. Its quite difficult to uproot them because once they have settled on a "den" they also become very territorial, meaning he himself could have been attacked/bitten just going in his own attic. Granted, he did it the hard way. He didnt want to kill them so he did the cages, buckets of ammonia in the attic, strobe lights, etc... and it took him about 3 months to get it under control. I would have just lobbed a gas capsule up there and picked up the bodies in a few hours. The down side to that method is they will burrow under the insulation to die (hard to find) so now you have decaying squirrel in your attic.