Pictures of your games

SteveThaiBinh

Filthy ghouls. Kill'em all I say. Nice neat Gauss Rifle I have.

post-1458-1237772731_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I pledged loyalty to the Kingdom of Swadia, because through some accidental meetings, I had become fast friends with their King. Some of his other vassals are a bit jealous of my friendship, but some others have also come to realize my greatness and love me, as well. We've been at war with the Kingdom of Vaegirs for a long time, and they're pretty unhappy with me. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact I've been holding their King prisoner in one of my castles for months, despite their repeated efforts to get him back via ransom offers. :devil:

mountblade-16.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day while patrolling around I came across my good buddy Lord Meltor, who was being unfairly picked upon by some Vaegirs armies that wanted their castle back. A castle granted to Meltor after Swadia wrestled it away from Vaegir.

mountblade-13.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I rushed in to aid him. 150 vs. 500. Odds? Who cares about odds when it comes to friendship? I have to save Lord Meltor!

mountblade-14.jpg

I lost some hardened soldiers who'd been with me a long time, which made me sad, and had many wounded, but I was successful.

Meltor was fortunate that unlike most of the Lords of Swadia, who place a lot of faith in unmounted crossbowmen, I put MY faith in nothing but Swadian Knights. They serve me well...as long as I pay them, of course. But they sure do eat a lot of food, which is hard on the coinpurse. :(

Vaegirs have been a constant irritant to my plans, making me rush around to help/defend my well-meaning but absent-minded buddies, when I'd rather be tending to the prosperity of my own towns. So I'm currently sitting my castle, making plans to completely crush Vaegirs. I think the city of Reyvadin would make a fine addition to my estates...

Perhaps I'll leave them Rivacheg, where all the Lords who manage to escape the confines of my prisons can huddle in fear of me while hoping for vengeance that will never come. I'm evil like that.

(Vaegirs property is in green. The first shows what properties they had when I first began my travels. The second pic shows what they have remaining.)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My reward for doing what the game told me to do. An arthouse game.

ThePath_Ginger_20090326_021342_00001.jpg

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Your patience must be legendary.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Path

Heja Sverige!!

And why's that?

Heja Sverige!!

Taking care of the early morning traffic jam.

post-1458-1238185490_thumb.jpg

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

After finishing a playthrough of the Purgatorio beta test, I found myself wanting to play more NWN2, but also had less time to do it because of work, studies and moving to a new apartment. So decided to replay a mod called Harp & Crysanthemum, which is a really lovely little adventure. Probably my favourite mod of NWN2. It's not enormously ambitious, but it does what it sets out to do extremely well. I also really like the area design in this mod, the author really nailed the feeling of nature. When moving through the mod, there is a great sense of a slightly chilly autumn. It's pretty impressive what someone skilled can do with the NWN2 engine.

The mod takes starts in a small village called Drawn Swords. Didn't actually take any screenies of the actual village for some reason, but the views around it are nice:

nwn2main2009-03-2521-34-51-82.jpg

The rather barren Backlands:

nwn2main2009-03-2521-44-45-89.jpg

A nice view in Northdark Wood (the northern part), which is also probably my favourite area in the mod:

nwn2main2009-03-2521-55-27-40.jpg

Another one of Northdark Wood, north:

nwn2main2009-03-2521-57-35-89.jpg

Forest meeting in the evening:

nwn2main2009-03-2620-32-11-75.jpg

An Elven tomb:

nwn2main2009-03-2620-50-36-32.jpg

Wandering through the southern part of Northdark Wood:

nwn2main2009-03-2620-39-37-26.jpg

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

My reward for doing what the game told me to do. An arthouse game.

post-34-1238033981_thumb.jpg

Weird game. If you do what the instructions say, you miss everything and then fail. If you succeed? Well, I've only succeeded when I've found the Wolf. What does that tell you? haha

Waiting for that wholesome television show, Leave it to Beaver, to come on.

Anyone ever shoot done a Vertibird? First time I only got it to catch on fire, the second time I got enough hits to blow it up.

post-1458-1238313538_thumb.jpg

post-1458-1238313546_thumb.jpg

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

nwn2main2009-03-2521-34-51-82.jpg

Awesome! The good old Electron engine still has some spark.

Anyway, I just got Beyond Good & Evil from GOG.com. It's very nice so far. Here's a screenshot:

bge.jpg

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

War is a bloody business.

mountblade-23.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The only problem with Swadian Knights is they tend to cluster in a giant knot of horsemen and if you're not careful they "trap" you in the middle. :)

I should try weaker units...Knights are becoming boring. I win everything.

mountblade-24a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

[quote name='H

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Purifying the Wasteland. He didn't have a chance.

ScreenShot20.jpg

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Fallout 2 with the High Resolution Patch. Looking good.

Crap. That looks great.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

War is a bloody business.

Looks like you are having fun ... are you using any mods?

I've been trying a few, this is the Beta of a mod called "The Peloponnesian War" .. which is set during the Classical Greek times. Since it's beta it still uses the old maps and there are some bugs, but I feel pretty Alexander'ish when I'm riding in war looking like this. :)

post-5477-1238631725_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

Funniest thing, Peloponnesian and Rome: Total Realism share modders and the Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod has the same composer as Europa Barbarorum, doing it for free.

It's a small internet.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No mods except for some graphical enhancement ones yet. I wanted to play the vanilla Native till I was bored to tears before gameplay mods. Maybe a couple more weeks.

I have looked at a lot of the mods, tho. Some look interesting and I'd like the added graphic armors/different maps and such - the vanilla Native armors are kind of goofy, like the pink armors, argh.

And ... I see you hired Alayen. He seemed a good soul, but he took me aside one day and had some choice words about my main man Nizar so he got the boot. ;)

Did you find the "Strange sword?" I've been using it sometimes because it looks cool. heh

mountblade-25.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson