Any good games coming out?

Karzak

I don't get it. The game doesn't really look that good, and until we see some gameplay this just seems like another brawler.

Actually they're doing all the cutscenes and everything in the games own engine rather than having better graphics for the Cutscenes. Game play is basically the same but now you can control Cyclops and Harpies to kill other things and make your way through obstacles.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Can't say I have much interest in the God of War series. From accounts, it just seems to feature shallower gameplay than NG/DMC, but with good cinematic production values. I guess I'd try a demo if there ever were one.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Can't say I have much interest in the God of War series. From accounts, it just seems to feature shallower gameplay than NG/DMC, but with good cinematic production values. I guess I'd try a demo if there ever were one.

The first one should be like 15 bucks now. try IT.

Pardon my ignorance, but why is God of War so great? Isn't it just a beat em up with QTE boss battles? Sure it looks pretty, but it seems a little shallow.

Well watch this:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/36-God-of-War-Chains-of-Olympus

And the fact that it's a very POLISHED hack and slash that also has maturity about itself (it's not screwed up "mature" title that's only trying to sell the sex). It redefined parts of platforming... I don't know it felt like i was playing Prince of Persia but instead of finesse and agility I had brute strength.

Pardon my ignorance, but why is God of War so great? Isn't it just a beat em up with QTE boss battles? Sure it looks pretty, but it seems a little shallow.

Well watch this:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/36-God-of-War-Chains-of-Olympus

And the fact that it's a very POLISHED hack and slash that also has maturity about itself (it's not screwed up "mature" title that's only trying to sell the sex). It redefined parts of platforming... I don't know it felt like i was playing Prince of Persia but instead of finesse and agility I had brute strength.

I have seen that video a few times already, but thanks :blush:

I didn't know it had any platforming in it. So compared to games in general, it is the Halo 3 of Playstation? Polished to perfection and using the system's power to the max?

EDIT: Oh and does the maturity come before or after the sex minigame?

Edited by Purkake

Its just fun. Okay?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Maybe I would if Sony wasn't a piece of Hades and actually had PS2-BC in their presently-manufactured PS3's.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

That's just sad. I would have totally bought a PS3 just to play games like Shadow of the Colossus... or Ace Combat Zero. Damnit, now I have to find a working PS2 to buy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I have seen that video a few times already, but thanks o:)

I didn't know it had any platforming in it. So compared to games in general, it is the Halo 3 of Playstation? Polished to perfection and using the system's power to the max?

EDIT: Oh and does the maturity come before or after the sex minigame?

yeah it has platforming and puzzles in it. For example there's one puzzle in GOW 2 where you're confronted with a door that turns you to stone, what you need to do is run off brutally beat somebody into giving you the golden fleece and come back. then you use the golden fleece to reflect the beams back upon the mechanism destroying it's internals and letting you enter.

Yeah, they're aiming for GOW3 to be the game that takes the PS3 to it's max. Both GOW1 and 2 pushed the PS2 systems abilities to new heights (GOW2 being the only game that has a tendancy to freeze my first gen PS2 because the laser can't make it all the way through the disk to the right information) and it helps that the people who made the system are also making the game (SCEA... well I would guess they know the limits of the ps3 anyway)

I saw a preview in the most recent game informer, and one of the things that they showed the guy from game informer was a digital version of one of the titans (who are taller than skyscrapers) with a little white dot on the chest. They zoomed into the chest and that white dot was kratos, fully rendered. He's about 20000 polygons (I think, I may be missing a zero there) where his previous models were somthing in the range of a quarter of the quoted number. They also had a boss fight between zues and kratos where they explained that during the fight you go from being on level ground beating eachother senseless, to having gaia pick up the location and turn it on it's side, so the fighting goes to their wall climbing style, then gaia starts bashing the temple causing the terrain to change and finially the entire building to flip so that kratos is hanging upside down.

... you know what? **** it just read it yourself

http://godofwariii.co.uk/gallery/god-of-war-iii-scans/

Edited by Gorth
Circumventing language filter

Just found out FEAR 2's alma moments pretty much just turned into quick time events.

That's just ****ing lame.

Maybe I would if Sony wasn't a piece of Hades and actually had PS2-BC in their presently-manufactured PS3's.

Yea PS3's non-backwards-compatibility really sucks. I'm lucky to still have my PS2.

God of War is awesome. Great production values, and just plain damn fun. But I haven't tried Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry so I can't compare.

I thought Ninja Gaiden (on the original Xbox) was too difficult, but God of War was OK. I had a much easier time getting "into the groove" in God of War than in Ninja Gaiden. But I'm not good at that type of game so I'm guessing God of War was a bit easy for the hardcore crowd.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm just looking forward to killing off the Greek pantheon. I'm guessing those will be the boss fights. In 1up's preview it says you will rip the head off Helios and use it as a flashlight. I think this a chance for the devs to get really creative in how Kratos overcomes the various gods who granted him powers in previous games.

I like to see established stuff being turned upside down.

I found God of War fun because the combat was so fluid and it meshed well with your magic abilities. Also the setting and atmosphere were great. I still remember in GoW 1 when I crested that staircase and I caught my first sight of Ares, a huge giant, in the distance, crushing and stepping on the opposing army.

Yeah, its just plain fun. I wish they would port the PSP game to PS2 or maybe make it available for download later in the PS store.

I posted about this in another thread, but if you're an RPG fan then I'd check out Drakensang. It's based on the Dark Eye RPG rules system and adapted from a ridiculously successful German game. I've had my eye on this for a while and the game looks awesome...totally bringing back the old school RPG

http://pc.ign.com/objects/824/824850.html

It comes out February 24th

This game looks awesome! Thanks for the tip. :p

Well, I have a friend who is a God Of War fanatic (she bought a PS3 so she could play the upcoming installment -and the old ones, she bought early so hers can play PS2 discs- even though she uses the PC for everything else) so I'll have a review as soon as it's available.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Speaking of 'not getting it', I really don't see what all the excitement about the upcoming Street Fighter IV is about. Grew out of fighters over a decade ago, and SFIV just looks like the old arcade one, except in 3d, yet everyone is going ape over it. :ermm:

Speaking of 'not getting it', I really don't see what all the excitement about the upcoming Street Fighter IV is about. Grew out of fighters over a decade ago, and SFIV just looks like the old arcade one, except in 3d, yet everyone is going ape over it. :ermm:

I think it's because it's basically an updated version of Street Fighter 2. All the other series seem to have just gone to hell in terms of mechanics and balance. SFIV is put together to be good for all players.

Speaking of 'not getting it', I really don't see what all the excitement about the upcoming Street Fighter IV is about. Grew out of fighters over a decade ago, and SFIV just looks like the old arcade one, except in 3d, yet everyone is going ape over it. :(

Yea, the hype around SFIV is a lot about nostalgia and the fact that the devs seem to be catering to the fans' wishes for the franchise and improving on the formula, instead of making it into something else in a forced attempt to be innovative. It's similar to what Blizzard is doing with StarCraft II and Diablo III. That said, I can't wait to play it :ermm:

As for God of War... I don't really get what the deal is with that one's popularity either. IMO they quickly become repetitive and boring.

L.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Street Fighter 4: 10/10 from Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/street-fighter-iv-review

I guess the hype might be deserved.

Lets face it they seem to have a two tier review process of late. Good or Bad. Handing 10's out like candy. PATHETIC!

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!