Members of the forum who are no more

Hildegard

I alwats thought that Soulseeker guy was the best. I'm sure everyone agrees. :)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That may have been one fun thread but I don't think that was the one that made him quit posting here. IIRC, it involved another thread (about politics, possibly), in which either Nur ab Sal or Battlewookie (can't remember which of them) made remarks that he interpreted to be racist. The mods refused to intervene despite this, and after making a new thread about it which was deleted, he changed his avatar to the present "keep your country nice and clean" and was never seen again.

I may or may not have made up this story on the spot. :)

That was Nur Ab Sal, there was an argument where Nur viciously bashed Israel and the Jews if I remember correctly, and then several people called him a racist. As I remember he was a student and worked in the library so he spent a lot of time online, guess he doesn't work there any more.

I alwats thought that Soulseeker guy was the best. I'm sure everyone agrees. :)

Did you ever get past the "getting publisher" part? :)

(not mocking, just curious :) )

edit; oh, as a person

*duh*

...you should've at least tried to change your avatar with your name if wanting to go by Hades style

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Getting publisher?

Heja Sverige!!

Getting publisher?

If I don't remember wrong didn't you write? It was some sort of New Year's promises topic or something years ago

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Oh yeah, the promise!

I do write, but I never feel happy enough with what I'm writing to start sending it to publishers. Also, I have a real problem with finishing what I begin.

Heja Sverige!!

Oh yeah, the promise!

I do write, but I never feel happy enough with what I'm writing to start sending it to publishers. Also, I have a real problem with finishing what I begin.

That sounds way too familiar to me :)

Oh yeah, the promise!

That sounds way too familiar to me :)

That's just about everyone, Xard. :)

Let's put up Lazy-Insecure-European-Wannabe-Writers-Coalition! LIEWWC!

...wait, that acronym sucks

Let's put up Lazy-Insecure-European-Wannabe-Writers-Coalition! LIEWWC!

...wait, that acronym sucks

European Lazy Irresponsible Troupe of Essayists - ELITE

*applaude*

That was Nur Ab Sal, there was an argument where Nur viciously bashed Israel and the Jews if I remember correctly, and then several people called him a racist. As I remember he was a student and worked in the library so he spent a lot of time online, guess he doesn't work there any more.
Good catch.

Hey, anyone remember that guy who talked like he was three different people. His name was three short names in one.
You mean this guy?

i write too, and i've got half a dozen publications as well. none of it is interesting stuff, however, as it is all technical. i'd much rather publish something kewl that other people might actually read. my problem is actually what you state in that last bit... i'm never happy with what i write. i agonize over a sentence, sometimes even a single word. i don't know how i got my dissertation done. i could easily have spent a week on a single paragraph if i had had the time.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i write too, and i've got half a dozen publications as well. none of it is interesting stuff, however, as it is all technical. i'd much rather publish something kewl that other people might actually read. my problem is actually what you state in that last bit... i'm never happy with what i write. i agonize over a sentence, sometimes even a single word. i don't know how i got my dissertation done. i could easily have spent a week on a single paragraph if i had had the time.

taks

While working on my Master's Thesis, my work environment consisted of several PhD-students (two them in my team). From what i gathered, it seems like they have less time, or more like no time at all, to write their own papers compared to peer-per-viewing others. And they always had almost ridicolous deadlines. For example, there was one paper that they had to review that was about an aircontroller-system, described only with first-order logic. That thing was a massive 100-page behemoth, written primarly with mathmatical permutations and logical statements.

They had two days to review it.

One can add that they also had to focus on our project, being course-assistants for the professor, attending steeringgroup-meetings and doing their own doctorate. Let's say that the quality of their 'review' wasn't the best. One of them went to University of Maryland for a year in order to finalize his thesis :)

Back to topic though, Nur ab Sal had to be one fiercest KotOR fans(the comics) that i know of. I still remember him bashing Avellone for their choice of dealing with the architecture in KotOR II, and especially about the Basilisk War droid. When questioning him, he PM'd me with a lots and lots of pages that he had scanned to show on how KotOR should've looked like. With a small "Don't you see?"-snicker of course. I later agreed with him.

So Nur, thanks again for correcting me :lol:

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And whatever happened to Baley?

hey yeah, haven't seen him around in ages

he was the reason i actually joined

I think he finished some school (Baccalaureate?) this summer and is probably busy working on the future. The guy has a great writing talent ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect
I alwats thought that Soulseeker guy was the best. I'm sure everyone agrees. :ermm:

I don't. Thought he was a complete wanker to tell you the truth. ;)

Anyway, who cares who isn't around anymore? As long as I'm around the greatness of this forum will continue to survive.

Purgatorio doesn't go on anymore, which is a shame, because he was good. And Sturm, he made me laugh.

What can I say, it comes naturally to the best of us. Maybe one day it'll happen to you, too. :ermm:

If only. It can be hard going through life without a sense of humour. Hopefully when mine is finally delivered it won't be defective like the ones that some people have received. ;)

Guest The Architect

Yeah I hear you. You don't want to end up with Shryke/Accept like humour. Better off having no sense of humour at all than that if you ask me. ;)