Members of the forum who are no more

Hildegard

I don't get the point of having an alt. I don't have enough time to spend here on one account, how could you possibly need two?

I would say the same about most things, why would you need more than one account in or for anything, but that also doesn't stop people from playing WoW with three characters all at once... I can't comprehend why anyone would want a single account, but I am certain that playing 3 WoW characters all at once fall under "WTF!? You crazy bastard!"

So you're saying Obsidian is like World of Warcraft?

No... I was merely sharing a strange tale about multiple accounts in things other than forums...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I don't get the point of having an alt. I don't have enough time to spend here on one account, how could you possibly need two?

I would say the same about most things, why would you need more than one account in or for anything, but that also doesn't stop people from playing WoW with three characters all at once... I can't comprehend why anyone would want a single account, but I am certain that playing 3 WoW characters all at once fall under "WTF!? You crazy bastard!"

No... I was merely sharing a strange tale about multiple accounts in things other than forums...

I disagree.

I disagree.

*holds head in his hands* Whatever... I'd sooner not smack my face against the wall mate.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I disagree.

*holds head in his hands* Whatever... I'd sooner not smack my face against the wall mate.

This is a civilised forum. There is no need for personal attacks!

For me, its a game - to see how quick I can figure out it is Sand.

Conversely, it's interesting that we call him 'Sand'.

I think it's because we hate sand. It's coarse and rough and gets into everything.

Also, I can never remember how to spell Visceris.

I still call him Hades, but then again, I long for the old days.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have no idea why he changes so often, hes still the same old bitter sod.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Guest The Architect
I don't want anybody else

When I think about you

I touch myself

I don't want anybody else

Oh no, oh no, oh no

You're the one who makes me come running

You're the sun who makes me shine

When you're around I'm always laughing

I want to make you mine

In the old days he was called Visceris, though...

I was originally going to say that a good way to tell when you joined the community is what you call him, because his change in name usually marks different eras in the forum, but I didin't want to have to deal with someone saying "But I join (sometime) and I call him (something)!" when it's really supposed to be taken kind of light heartedly. And I really was around when he was the other name but never paed attention to him, until he went by Hades.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have no idea why he changes so often, hes still the same old bitter sod.

Atleast twice he is done it because even he became disgusted of himself and wanted to change. Though, I have no idea why he thinks changing the name somehow changes him.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

In the old days he was called Visceris, though...

I was originally going to say that a good way to tell when you joined the community is what you call him, because his change in name usually marks different eras in the forum, but I didin't want to have to deal with someone saying "But I join (sometime) and I call him (something)!" when it's really supposed to be taken kind of light heartedly. And I really was around when he was the other name but never paed attention to him, until he went by Hades.

:wub:

Atleast twice he is done it because even he became disgusted of himself and wanted to change. Though, I have no idea why he thinks changing the name somehow changes him.
Because internet persona are defined by nickname, avatar and writing. Changing name and avatar and if possible writing style changes the way the others on the board adress you. Much of the own behaviour is influenced by other's reactions, and being rid of the old stereotypes others impose upon you really can take weight off your shoulders. I completely understand this.

Also, there's banning. When one nick is banned, you make another.

Then there's trolling. If you want to rant and bully, you just create a new nick for it, so the blame doesn't fall on you when you're online with your main nick.

And there are certainly more reasons for alts.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Karzak :(

Sargy :(

Kevin Dorner :(

How far back are we going, here?

Oh yeah, and those Zoq-Fot-Piq guys, or guy, or whatever. They were a hoot. :*:shifty:

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Guest The Architect

I like the Star Wars boards when Jediphile is around, but he's gone away again. I liked metadigital, like pretty much everyone else here did, too, but I can't say I miss him since I couldn't understand what he was saying half the time. Is there anything that guy doesn't know? Accept isn't on as much these days, either. I miss the times when I was always making a fool out of him, although he did a good job of that himself. :down:

Edited by The Architect

I think it would be awesome if he really did change, and one day was like a pirate, the next like an accountant, the next like an old native woman blogging from a rudimentary raft on the Orinoco river.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Blogging from a rudimentary laptop with a rudimentary satellite connection powered by a rudimentary solar array?

And a rudimentary grasp of English. Dribbling betel nut juice on the rudimentary touchpad.

In the style of.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, the American Government probably silenced him because of the truth that he taught.