Diablo 3 Officially Announced

Humodour

YATTA!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Holy **** the trailer is awesome, ****ing awesome :lol:

KREZACK, WATCH OUT FOR YOUR ASS IN FOLLOWING MONTHS GRRRR

edit: btw I knew it was Arthas in that glowing eyes pic

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Put the trailer back :lol:

, I really liked the way Blizzard build tension with the music in the beginning Edited by Xard

Put the trailer back ;)

, I really liked the way Blizzard build tension with the music in the beginning

I'd play that before Diablo 3.

Also, one would think that as Blizzard already has more money than God, they could actually use their time to release something new instead of another bleeding sequel.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Also, one would think that as Blizzard already has more money than God, they could actually use their time to release something new instead of another bleeding sequel.

If Blizzard was an independant company you'd be right about them having more money than God.

Put the trailer back ;)

, I really liked the way Blizzard build tension with the music in the beginning

bla bla moan moan :(

If Blizzard was an independant company you'd be right about them having more money than God.

Blizzard makes $120 million dollars in gross revenue each month from WoW alone.

Blizzard is being sketchy, but it seems probable it will use Battlenet 2.0.

The game is centred around co-op play. It's not an MMO.

It's designed to be low-end - "If you can click a mouse, you can play Diablo 3." Sort of like Diablo 2 was, respectively. Also good in terms of minimising lag, no doubt.

Also judging by the videos and stuff, the game is at least 50% done.

There will be a singleplayer mode.

Edited by Krezack

There will be a hardcore mode.

You get to choose both your gender and class.

Secret cow level? "No comment."

Barbarian is back. New Witch Doctor class.

Tristram is back. It was repopulated by merchants and advneturers. The Tristram Cathedral/Church should be interesting.

Deckard Cain is in Tristram.

Diablo 3 is set 20 years after Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction.

There will be PvP (no doubt requiring mutual consent this time). They've set it to 8 players per game for now.

If something in the environment looks like you can interact with it, you can you.

The game world will be bigger and deeper.

"Anything you see on the ground is yours; no mad dash to pick up loot."

"Our aim is to make it a better role playing game."

Also judging by the videos and stuff, the game is at least 50% done.

This is Blizzard we're talking about, their polish is 90% of the developement time and we have literally no idea how far along they are.

Personally I think it looks really good and is currently where Titan Quest and the other boring clones should have been, fun in combat.

I'm a bit worried about whether the environments will be interesting as none of the environments in the gameplay video seemed interesting, though Blizzard could still be working on this and it is certainly still possible that it will be better when it comes out. The only thing I saw that was really good was that the ghouls we're capable of climbing up the sides of the floor-bridge in the first few seconds, awesome.

The Site seems more atmospheric than what we've seen of the game.

Someone look at the barb female in the character class part of the world description, doesn't that look a lot like the Icewind Dale 2 "look" of the portraits?

I'm a bit worried about the choosing gender part as it might mean that I won't have my Amazon back. ;) At least I won't recognice the possibility that Amazons can be male. :(

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

True, but can we really expect them to produce anything other - or better - than the Diablo/Starcraft/Warcraft trinity? They seem to have nailed that design pretty well, so it's understandable they're sticking to it.

As for Diablo 3... Not sure if it'll really grab me by the nuts and do a piledriver, but I guess it's fine and all. Would prefer a God of War approach instead, though.

I was disappointed that their "official" wallpaper didn't have the splash image face and words on it. :/ So I grabbed a frame to make my own.

And about the environments ... that worries me a little too, because they did look a little bland. Then again, this is Blizzard we're talking about. They've (so far) never been known for innovative visual settings...usually, if the gameplay is addictive enough, people forget to notice after a while. :( But it looks like it'd be as environmentally interesting as Titan Quest, which I found nice looking enough while marching around in it.

At least you can interact a bit more with the environment beyond smashing barrels.

"Anything you see on the ground is yours; no mad dash to pick up loot."

Really? As in, the game "assigns" you your share of the loot and only you can see it, w/other players only seeing their share? Would certainly be nice to not have the greedy rush to the center etc.

Hopefully they reduce the saturation a bit.

You can do that via your own videocard too, if you don't like the default. ;) I kinda like over-saturated colors in games, myself.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts