Diablo 3

Somehow this doesn't exactly remind me of anything remotely Diablo 3.....

post-27-1214445317_thumb.jpg

It reminds me of a hunched over Grinch wringing his hands in anticpation of some heinous evil.

Maybe Blizzardd is making Grinch: The Christmas Wars.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Somehow this doesn't exactly remind me of anything remotely Diablo 3.....

post-27-1214445317_thumb.jpg

It reminds me of a hunched over Grinch wringing his hands in anticpation of some heinous evil.

That was my first reaction. It could easily imply Diablo 3 to me.

I would actually be kind of interested if it was Diablo 3. I played the heck out out of the first Diablo, but I think I overdid it because I couldn't drum up any interest in playing Diablo 2 despite the fact it was obviously a better verion of Diablo. But not having played any Diablo for years and years I feel kinda tempted to play some again. In a shiny pretty 3d wrapper!! wheee

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The sheer fact that someone ACTUALLY found hidden images in the CSS file.... amazes me. Someone has WAY more free time than I do.

Though investigating further, it appears the hidden image is possibly an homage to Michael Dashow, Designer on Diablo 2.

Also of note, Blackthorne trademark had been updated by Blizzard.

MYSTARY!

I wish Obsidian could do some cool thing like this on one of their next MYSTARY games in sekret development....

hopefully if they do make a new diablo, it'd have a bit of variation

playing on battlenet gets really old really fast

they may as well call it World of Hammerdins

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

It would make no sense to make a competing product to your already existing Cash Cow (WoW).

I highly doubt it is World of Diablo (Just like everyone assumed Starcraft 2 would be World of Starcraft).

And why change around a good thing. Their battlenet setup has obviously done quite well for them over the years. People stil play Diablo 2 even though the game is what 8 or 9 years old? SOmething like that. I'm trying to remember when it was released.

If they made a Diablo 3 it wouldn't be Diablo 3, it'd be World of Diablo or something.... :closed:

That doesn't make any sense. Blizzard has done absolutely nothing in the history of their company to lead you to believe that. Diablo 3 would be the next iteration of the action-RPG series, just like Warcraft 3 was the next iteration of an RTS series and Starcraft 2 is clearly the next iteration of another RTS series.

Now if they announce they are going to put out a new MMO set in the Diablo universe, sure, you'd have a reason to be negative.

But seriously, it just sounds like your sore at Blizzard for making a game in a genre that you dislike.

If they made a Diablo 3 it wouldn't be Diablo 3, it'd be World of Diablo or something.... :closed:

That doesn't make any sense. Blizzard has done absolutely nothing in the history of their company to lead you to believe that. Diablo 3 would be the next iteration of the action-RPG series, just like Warcraft 3 was the next iteration of an RTS series and Starcraft 2 is clearly the next iteration of another RTS series.

Now if they announce they are going to put out a new MMO set in the Diablo universe, sure, you'd have a reason to be negative.

That's actually a fairly valid point. I'd ****ing adore Blizzard if they made an old-school Diablo sequel. Dungeon Siege proved you can still do hack n' slash in 3D (though obviously with some poor design decisions), so it's not like it needs to be 2D isometric (though that'd be fantastic).

But seriously, it just sounds like your sore at Blizzard for making a game in a genre that you dislike.

Eh, I hear people who love WoW say "I hope it's not like WoW".

There is a countdown to WWI at the Blizzard Website (www.blizzard.com). Speculation is running rampant that Diablo will be announced at the World Wide Invitational. What do you think?

I think this is likely.

It would be about time. Still WotLK beta seems more likely.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

It would make no sense to make a competing product to your already existing Cash Cow (WoW).

I highly doubt it is World of Diablo (Just like everyone assumed Starcraft 2 would be World of Starcraft).

Just FYI, Blizzard seems to be hiring people with making a new MMO in mind. I don't know more than that, tho.

...Blizzard Entertainment is currently seeking a highly experienced senior software engineer to work on an exciting project for our next-generation MMO.

...Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced tools engineer to work on a next-generation massively multiplayer game.

imo, at this point it wouldn't make sense for them to not make/start to make another MMO, since they were so successful with WoW...if they can think of a good one, that's different enough in setting or playstyle to attract both non-WoW players and some WoW players alike. Besides, WoW is getting long in the tooth, even w/expansions, and perhaps especially to the US audience. But I agree that it's unlikely Diablo would be the setting for it...it'd probably be something completely new. I hope. Some people are willing to pay for more than one MMO subscription, if they like the games, y'know. :closed:

As to the teaser images - I'd like to hope it's Diablo3 (edit - or a completely new franchise...), as well...an announcement for WotLK would be anti-climatic and not terribly deserving of all this media-teaser-hype, since it' already well-known that it's coming out soon, even if, I hear, it hasn't been "officially" announced yet. Still, the icy image does make one think it may end up being something like that.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

[quote name='H
Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Edit: Those symbols in the ice look awfully like the ones in Tal Rasha's tomb and Arcane Sanctuary, but I agree that WotLK is more likely.

They look like glyphs of warding. And where have we seen Blizzard use glyphs of warding before, hmm?

Oh, and did you notice the demonic eyes and mouth in the middle of the snow?

Edited by Krezack

Ah, this site gives an excellent analysis: http://www.diablofans.com/

One of the runes is from Diablo (Hel rune). One is from the Frostmourne sword (Warcraft). One is from Protoss (Starcraft).

So far the letters of the puzzle are: D O W P. There's apparently only 6 letters.

As for the runes on the icy image the previous were: the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King's Frostmourne rune, followed by the Hel Rune from Diablo II, and the protoss Alkilae tribe symbol from Starcraft II. Today's rune seems like a solar system. This is not a symbol you see often in a Blizzard game.

Perhaps the fourth rune of the solar system means 'world', 'creation', 'the universe'. That's definitely in line with the worldstone and the tone of recent Diablo lore.

The positioning of the runes forms a pentagram, too. Probably 6th rune is in middle or something. :*

It seems that there will be more than one game announced, too. My money is on a Diablo game definitely being one of them. Perhaps the second game is a new IP?

Accounted for are now: Tundra, Glacier, Icy and Cold.

Hmm, I feel a bit chilly.

Oh lol - it's Diablo 3:

Blizzplanet is reporting that if you go to www.battle.net/forums/board.aspx?ForumName=d3-general (which would be the Diablo 3 general forums), you get an error that "The Battle.net Forums Are Currently Down." However, if you go to any other forum name that doesn't yet exist (like www.battle.net/forums/board.aspx?ForumName=wowinsider-rocks), you get redirected to the main Battle.net forums page. Only d3-general gives the "forums down" error.

If you like to follow Blizzard-related rumors, this may sound familiar. Way back at Blizzcon '07, this was one way we found out that Wrath of the Lich King was going to be the next expansion: www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath gave a "Forbidden" error, whereas any other non-existent path at worldofwarcraft.com gave a regular old 404.

http://www.wowinsider.com/tag/wwi08/

Edited by Krezack