Diablo 3

Blizzard just officially announced Diablo 3 about a minute ago in Paris.

[20:15:07] <jonnyk> HERE IT COMES

[20:15:18] <jonnyk> \"Well....

[20:15:21] <jonnyk> \"as it turns out

[20:15:22] <Flux> a user reports that if you pick the tournament stream from the octo page it works better.

[20:15:23] <jonnyk> \"WE DO!

[20:15:24] * nonent has quit IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer)

[20:15:30] * morpheux has joined #Dii.net

[20:15:32] <jonnyk> TRISTRAM MUSIC LIVE

[20:15:34] <Wuushu[incGamer> DIABLO 3 HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED

[20:18:07] <jonnyk> OMGGGGG

[20:18:09] <jonnyk> Dibalo III

[20:18:17] <jonnyk> \"I don\'t think it\'s safe here....\"

[20:18:20] <jonnyk> end of cinematic.

[20:18:24] <jonnyk> Everyone is going c razy

2618127694_72e6912b01.jpg

Deckard Cain lives.

Not an MMO.

Destructible scenery.

Edited by Krezack

HOLY ****

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

[20:28:57] <jonnyk> makes them drop their shields so he can attack and not be blocked.

[20:29:08] <Wuushu[incGamer> 12:25 -- Each piece of gear is custom designed for each class. Barbarian puts on demonic sort of garb with giant devil horns. Barbarian can hop across gaps on the map. Barbarian dislodged a rock wall and dropped it on zombies, killing them. Demoing moving whirlwind attack.

[20:29:11] <jonnyk> You actually have to work to attack them, not just spam an attack.

[20:29:15] <Wuushu[incGamer> 12:27 -- Deckard Cain is in the game. When talking to NPCs, the game appears to switch to an interface that highlights the character model. Have to rescue Cain from this cathedral.

[20:29:50] <Flux> things blow up real good.

[20:29:50] <jonnyk> Lots of cool events to tell the story and have neat quests.

[20:30:03] * octoshape-sucks has quit IRC (Signed off)

[20:30:05] <jonnyk> crushing through doors looks cool

[20:30:16] <jonnyk> bosss style peron incoming.

[20:30:17] <jonnyk> wow

[20:30:22] <Wuushu[incGamer> Deckard Cain is running behind the barbarian taking him somewhere. thousand pounder is waiting in the room for them. a massive ogre.

[20:30:22] <Wuushu[incGamer> who smashing his two axes together with your heqad in btween them both

[20:30:23] <jonnyk> abomination, huge!

[20:30:39] <jonnyk> 2 giant clubs trying to crush the barb

[20:30:45] <jonnyk> looks as though you can dash/dodge

[20:30:48] <jonnyk> and possibly parry

[20:30:59] <jonnyk> the loot just dropped off of him

[20:31:00] <Wuushu[incGamer> loots system is the same.

[20:31:08] <jonnyk> first and foremost a coop game

[20:31:09] <Wuushu[incGamer> all pops out on to the ground

[20:31:15] <jonnyk> witchdocter, new class.

[20:31:16] <Flux> multiplayer demo begins.

[20:31:19] <jonnyk> witchdoctor*

[20:31:22] <jonnyk> ancient tribal magic

[20:31:23] <Wuushu[incGamer> witch doctor class with ancient tribal magic

[20:31:28] <jonnyk> disease, controlling minds

[20:31:31] <Flux> from the jungle region of Taganze!

[20:31:38] <jonnyk> !!

[20:31:48] <jonnyk> Amazing environments.

2618139236_63138d8e9c.jpg

Diablo 3 is first and foremost a co-operative game, says Blizzard. New Witch Doctor class can summon pets, control minds of his enemies, and cast diseases.

Edited by Krezack

Jesus Blizzard is seriously aiming at becoming The Biggest Developer (as if they weren't already)

Wow generates them millions all the time, Starcraft II will shake the RTS scene and now there's mother****ing Diablo 3

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Barbarian dislodged a rock wall and dropped it on zombies, killing them.

Awesome.

[20:30:45] <jonnyk> looks as though you can dash/dodge

[20:30:48] <jonnyk> and possibly parry

Double awesome.

Looks pretty damn good actually.

Jesus Blizzard

lol

Anyway, this looks awesome

Is it really that hard to produce a new IP?

Blizzard's game making guide:

1. Take one of your three IPs. (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft)

2. Add some ridiculous art design.

3. Add some multiplayer components so that players can entertain themselves. (of course add some funny gestures as well)

4. Keep as simple as possible so that even idiots can play the game.

centinexx.png

Is it really that hard to produce a new IP?

Blizzard's game making guide:

1. Take one of your three IPs. (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft)

2. Add some ridiculous art design.

3. Add some multiplayer components so that players can entertain themselves. (of course add some funny gestures as well)

4. Keep as simple as possible so that even idiots can play the game.

1. Take one of your awesome IPs

2. Add some great and enduring art design (art direction is only reason why WoW's visuals have stood against time as well as they have, like direction or not)

3. Add Battle.net and some best multiplaying experiences one can have and great dedication to make all **** balanced.

4. Do not innovate but instead perfect your mechanics and GUI in order to produce easy to get in and rewarding experience.

5. On top of it add some level of dedication and care no other developer gives

Point Four makes Blizzard what Bioware so desperately tries to be.

Edited by Xard

I love the Blizzard game formula of concentrating on their 3 IPs. Their IPs are excellent and there is little room for more IPs in their portfolio without huge overlap. They have a Science Fiction IP, a Standard/High Fantasy IP and a Dark Fantasy IP. The only thing really left open would be some Contemporary/Modern IP and some Steampunkish/Not Quite Contemporary IP or a Historical IP, but neither of those has me very excited. I am happier when they focus their development resources on the three IPs I love.

!

**** YEAH :lol:

Blizzard's page is working for me fine right now - the diablo3 game footage video looks great (they "talk" you through while demo-playing). It's definitely still Diablo, with spiffy updated graphics and some new features. I'm not sure the new class sounds too exciting to me - sounds like a combo of necro & nature-tree druid, but who knows.

The map graphics remind me a bit of Titan Quest and certain aspects of Overlord combined together. But it's hard to say for sure, since the video screen is kinda small.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts