Diablo 3

wwi08_016b.jpg

So it looks like WWI will be about Wrath of the Lich King, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

DiabloII.Net suggests that based on reports from "reliable industry sources" that a Diablo III announcement is indeed coming this Saturday at Blizzard's World Wide Invitational event in Paris.

diabloii.net is an old and reliable site and they do have contacts at Blizzard. I believe them.

http://www.diabloii.net/n/667423/diablo-3-...uncement-at-wwi

Edited by Krezack

Just to make it clear that Blizzard will be announcing Diablo 3:

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread-search...ezacksawitfirst

Edit: The Diablo III General Discussion forum doesn't normally pop up as an option in search; I forced it to. The point is, they've got such a forum created and read but are simply hiding it.

Edited by Krezack

@Krezack

Some of us already knew there was something about a D3 forum.

Try these :* :

http://www.battle.net/forums/board.aspx?ForumName=d2-general Diablo 2 general forum

http://www.battle.net/forums/board.aspx?ForumName=d3-general Diablo 3 general forum

http://www.battle.net/forums/board.aspx?ForumName=gh-general Random general forum

The D3 forum, unlike the random lettered forum, gives a battlenet down message instead of redirecting to the forum list.

Also to anyone thinking that this is WoTLK Rob Pardo (I think) has sorta announced that they're unveiling a new game.

Edited to make it clear that I'm referencing Krezacks post on the last page.

Edited by Moatilliatta
sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Oh, yah, but the forum actually gives the "forum down erorr" for other random things (like a text search query), so this way you can see that it's not random and you can see they've actually named the Diablo 3 forum "Diablo III General Discussion" which is very premeditated.

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl.

Oh, yah, but the forum actually gives the "forum down erorr" for other random things (like a text search query), so this way you can see that it's not random and you can see they've actually named the Diablo 3 forum "Diablo III General Discussion" which is very premeditated.

That doesn't explain why it doesn't redirect with that link but does so with every other. It isn't important though.

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl.

I too. I'm especially interested in where they will take the story and lore, now that the worldstone is destroyed. From how I've understood the lore, the worldstone being kaput could mean that heaven and hell will encroach on the world of Sanctuary leading to all sorts of awesome.

I too. I'm especially interested in where they will take the story and lore, now that the worldstone is destroyed. From how I've understood the lore, the worldstone being kaput could mean that heaven and hell will encroach on the world of Sanctuary leading to all sorts of awesome drawn by Leonard Boyarsky.

Don't forget this part. :*

20795.jpg

Hah, I had totally forgotten that he worked for Blizzard now. Unfortunately he could just as well work on whatever next gen MMO (assuming that it isn't D3) Blizzard has been working on.

I'd love to see Boyarsky do D3 though.

I wonder how Flagship Studios are feeling about a D3 possibly competing with them.

$10 says Boyarsky is working on Diablo 3 and in more than just an artistic capacity, as with Fallout. And if I'm right, Diablo 3 is also a non-MMO multiplayer RPG, so just maybe Diablo 3 will be deeper, RPG-wise, than people expect. *crosses fingers*

If they made a Diablo 3 it wouldn't be Diablo 3, it'd be World of Diablo or something.... -_-

That doesn't make any sense. Blizzard has done absolutely nothing in the history of their company to lead you to believe that. Diablo 3 would be the next iteration of the action-RPG series, just like Warcraft 3 was the next iteration of an RTS series and Starcraft 2 is clearly the next iteration of another RTS series.

Now if they announce they are going to put out a new MMO set in the Diablo universe, sure, you'd have a reason to be negative.

But seriously, it just sounds like your sore at Blizzard for making a game in a genre that you dislike.

Fanboi much? :wowey::cat:

Please don't try to interpret my replies... I never said it was a bad thing.

But Blizzard does seem to be taking the easy road these days. -_-

Just to make it clear that Blizzard will be announcing Diablo 3:

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread-search...ezacksawitfirst

Edit: The Diablo III General Discussion forum doesn't normally pop up as an option in search; I forced it to. The point is, they've got such a forum created and read but are simply hiding it.

Well, how about that. :wowey:

I hope it doesn't suck, seeing as it would seem the people who made Diablo 2 went on to make the Hellgate: London beta...

Well, the new splash image has what looks like eyes in the center, with the mist forming what could be a...demonic face around it.

It could be an optical illusion w/people seeing what they want to see, but ... I'm betting on D3 now too. That would be awesome. Or at least, potentially awesome... :brows:

Edit: Blizzard also bought a diablo3 named domain, away from someone else, I think, a while back. Read about it somewhere. I think it's not a matter of if they're going to make D3, just a matter of when. I hope this is the when. :wowey:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Diablo is the definition of mindless grind.

Actually, I think WoW fits that definition a lot better...mostly because it takes you 100 times longer to actually "achieve" anything via the grinding. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If they made a Diablo 3 it wouldn't be Diablo 3, it'd be World of Diablo or something.... -_-

That doesn't make any sense. Blizzard has done absolutely nothing in the history of their company to lead you to believe that. Diablo 3 would be the next iteration of the action-RPG series, just like Warcraft 3 was the next iteration of an RTS series and Starcraft 2 is clearly the next iteration of another RTS series.

Now if they announce they are going to put out a new MMO set in the Diablo universe, sure, you'd have a reason to be negative.

But seriously, it just sounds like your sore at Blizzard for making a game in a genre that you dislike.

Fanboi much? ;):cat:

Please don't try to interpret my replies... I never said it was a bad thing.

But Blizzard does seem to be taking the easy road these days. -_-

I'm a fan of any company that releases solid gold titles for the PC with 100% success. I don't even enjoy RTS's or Diablo type games, but I'm still a huge fan of Blizzard and what they've done for the gaming industry as a whole.

If you don't want your posts interpreted, I don't know why you bother post them. That's what happens on forums. Your comment seemed pretty negative, I'm not sure where the yawn emote ever means "good stuff".

And what does the easy road mean, anyways? Again, if you don't want me to interpret or read into your posts, don't post such vague accusations.

What really hurt Diablo 2 for me was the death system (respawning instead of dead = dead) and the all the enemies reset after quitting the game unlike Diablo 1. I'm hoping if/when Diablo 3 is made, they go back to the original Diablo for enemy spawns & dying.

Psst. There is a hardcore mode. ;)

Edit: Bah, way too slow. ;)

What really hurt Diablo 2 for me was the death system (respawning instead of dead = dead) and the all the enemies reset after quitting the game unlike Diablo 1. I'm hoping if/when Diablo 3 is made, they go back to the original Diablo for enemy spawns & dying.

If you played hardcore, your death was permanent, if that mattered to you. The only general difference I remember in D1 was if you couldn't reach your body in the same play session, you actually lost all your stuff.

The enemies respawning was initially annoying in single-player but it made sense if you actually played on battle.net, which is where Blizz's D2 focus always seemed to be, vs. the SP game.

Edited by LadyCrimson

All the project and design leads for Diablo and Diablo 2 went to Flagship Studios, I believe.

edit: the leader programmer for both games , and also the story people seem to have gone on to work on Hellgate also.

one of the art directors from both games is still around ;)

Edited by Zero