Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Jaesun

Xard already posted that.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

They should rename it NWN2: Dinosaur Attack!

Seriously, it would double sales. Anything with 'Dinosaur' in the title jumps off the shelves.

Myself, I can take them or leave them.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I have a question about the party system:

I know that we can create a party of up to 4 characters. There will also be characters that can join us on our journeys. Do the 'joiners' take up the same four slots that are used for the creation of the full party or are they added in extra character slots?

I know that we can create a party of up to 4 characters. There will also be characters that can join us on our journeys. Do the 'joiners' take up the same four slots that are used for the creation of the full party or are they added in extra character slots?

The party TOTAL is at 4. So no, you cant make 4 characters and add the "joiner" NPC's.

The party TOTAL is at 4. So no, you cant make 4 characters and add the "joiner" NPC's.

OK, thanks - that means I will not make a party, unless there are fewer than 3 "joiners"...

One of the devs also mentioned on the Codex that there will be some form of party screen that will supposedly be accesible at certain points in the game, where you can create and add new characters if you wish. I'm guessing you will have some sort of "roster" like the OC when you leave the Sunken Flagon, where you'll be able to pick from your created characters as well as any characters you might pick up through the game.

Even though the pre-placed characters in this won't be as "important" as the ones in the OC and MotB, I think I'll try to focus on them on my first playthrough to get a feel for their personalities and such. But the custom party creation is awesome for replayability, especially since NWN2 is really quite massive in terms of races and classes already. I just hope that there really are a lot of challenging encounters to be had in the game.

I do wish we got a party of 6 though.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Oh, and WE GET DINOSAURS? ;)
Oh no... my least liked DnD-creatures ever are going to make it in the game. Lame :lol:

I dislike them in DnD mainly because I like them in completely different settings like RL ;) Jurassic Park or The Dinos. Totally not in DnD or any other Fantasy surroundings however.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Oh, and WE GET DINOSAURS? :(
Oh no... my least liked DnD-creatures ever are going to make it in the game. Lame :x

I dislike them in DnD mainly because I like them in completely different settings like RL ;) Jurassic Park or The Dinos. Totally not in DnD or any other Fantasy surroundings however.

Chult IS part of Faerun...

I dislike dinosaurs in fantasy, as well. I find them totally unfitting along with swords and whatnot. Still the game sounds great enough for me even with those things in it.

Edited by Istima Loke

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

They fit in mine. Its logical. Big large monsters that want to kill you. Yup. Fit perfectly. Well, not counting the more docile dinosaurs. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

But... I always liked compsognathus&co. :( I mean, if they put dinosaurs in, I want everything from compsognathus to ultrasaurus, and I want to play a baryonyx. It's just anachronistic in this setting imo, no matter what the MM or FRCS says. Just like musketes, that do exist in Far

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

One of the devs also mentioned on the Codex that there will be some form of party screen that will supposedly be accesible at certain points in the game, where you can create and add new characters if you wish. I'm guessing you will have some sort of "roster" like the OC when you leave the Sunken Flagon, where you'll be able to pick from your created characters as well as any characters you might pick up through the game.

Even though the pre-placed characters in this won't be as "important" as the ones in the OC and MotB, I think I'll try to focus on them on my first playthrough to get a feel for their personalities and such. But the custom party creation is awesome for replayability, especially since NWN2 is really quite massive in terms of races and classes already. I just hope that there really are a lot of challenging encounters to be had in the game.

I do wish we got a party of 6 though.

I suppose if we really are able to switch out pre-made characters at a camp, than yes, making a full party from the start would be feasible for me too.

I dislike dinosaurs in fantasy, as well. I find them totally unfitting along with swords and whatnot. Still the game sounds great enough for me even with those things in it.

Wa-BAM! Reference!

I would nae have been as hyper about it if there wasn't a specific place for them in the Forgotten Realms. Trust me, they fit well. And they're pretty and FUN.

And the word "dinosaur" just makes the 3rd grader in me shriek with glee. If I had my way at these times, the game would be called Neverwinter Nights 2: ZOMG YOU GUYS DINOSAURS.

Or even Dinosaur Dinosaur 2: Dinosaur Dinosaur Dinosaur.

I think I've mentioned before how they don't let me name things.

Wa-BAM! Reference!

I would nae have been as hyper about it if there wasn't a specific place for them in the Forgotten Realms. Trust me, they fit well. And they're pretty and FUN.

And the word "dinosaur" just makes the 3rd grader in me shriek with glee. If I had my way at these times, the game would be called Neverwinter Nights 2: ZOMG YOU GUYS DINOSAURS.

Or even Dinosaur Dinosaur 2: Dinosaur Dinosaur Dinosaur.

I think I've mentioned before how they don't let me name things.

Pretty and FUN, eh? Well that changes the equation considerably. I haven't worked out all the math yet, but I estimate the answer as "If it fits, I'll like it!" :D

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

I made a rare trip over to the queue at McDonalds the Bioware Forums to lurk on the forums for SoZ. Now, my take on this XP is that the developers thought:

"We gave the fans a homage to Planescape with MotB. Fair enough, the engine let us do that, and the feedback was positive. Now, lets give the guys who loved BG1 and Icewind Dale a break too. Let's have a refreshingly honest, adventure packed romp. More Indiana Jones than The Matrix."

And as we have seen with IWD2, the Black Isle Obsidian guys know how to twist a game engine to their own agenda, kicking and screaming if necessary (this is why I'm quietly confident that SoZ will be very good). I wear my heart on my sleeve as to which one I'd prefer, and it's good to see them showing off how diverse the game can be.

I'm not very clever, and I see this. Why don't the howling fanbois demanding novella-length NPC dialogue and romances (huh?) get it?

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Most likely because there is a generation of players brought up on Bioware games from BG2 and forward, who thinks RPGs first and foremost needs to have a huge story, involving characters and romances to choke the player with. They could never see what would be the appeal of the games you mentioned, or even games such as Fallout and Darklands (which have also been mentioned as inspirations). I think many people who like RPGs actually don't like the gameplay of them very much (which I guess would be a reason why RPGs are moving into action-based territory), and would prefer something where they can be on autopilot until the next grand cutscene occurs.

That said, I enjoy Biowares games also, and found something like MotB to be truly excellent. But I would love a game that doesn't put the story on the forefront, and instead try to have better gameplay and more reactivity to the player and his choices. I really hope SoZ will deliver that.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

"We gave the fans a homage to Planescape with MotB. Fair enough, the engine let us do that, and the feedback was positive. Now, lets give the guys who loved BG1 and Icewind Dale a break too. Let's have a refreshingly honest, adventure packed romp. More Indiana Jones than The Matrix."

And as we have seen with IWD2, the Black Isle Obsidian guys know how to twist a game engine to their own agenda, kicking and screaming if necessary (this is why I'm quietly confident that SoZ will be very good). I wear my heart on my sleeve as to which one I'd prefer, and it's good to see them showing off how diverse the game can be.

I'm not very clever, and I see this. Why don't the howling fanbois demanding novella-length NPC dialogue and romances (huh?) get it?

Cheers

MC

That's the spirit!

IB1OsQq.png

Most likely because there is a generation of players brought up on Bioware games from BG2 and forward, who thinks RPGs first and foremost needs to have a huge story, involving characters and romances to choke the player with. They could never see what would be the appeal of the games you mentioned, or even games such as Fallout and Darklands (which have also been mentioned as inspirations). I think many people who like RPGs actually don't like the gameplay of them very much (which I guess would be a reason why RPGs are moving into action-based territory), and would prefer something where they can be on autopilot until the next grand cutscene occurs.

Good point, I also suspect that the influence of Japanese RPGs might be part of this too.

sonsofgygax.JPG

That said, I enjoy Biowares games also, and found something like MotB to be truly excellent. But I would love a game that doesn't put the story on the forefront, and instead try to have better gameplay and more reactivity to the player and his choices. I really hope SoZ will deliver that.

That ties with what I've been thinking of late which is that Bioware is slowly turning into the Squaresoft of Western RPGs, where meaningless, shallow gameplay just strings you from one cutscene to another. Bioware's games are a bunch of plot points strung up linearly through gameplay that actually has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual plot.

Imagine if you were watching say, the Matrix, and after each of the movie's scenes you had to peel a bunch of potatoes before getting to see the next scene. Note that the peeling of the potatoes has no effect on The Matrix's plot other than serving as penance for the viewer to "earn" the whole plot. That's a Bioware game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: