Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Jaesun

Oooh, I wonder if this will feature epic PrCs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's not epic level campaign ( THANK GOD)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What I'm hoping the story is is that it'll be a lead-in to the spellplague. You get to run around as a group of average joe adventurers, doing average joe adventures, but then suddenly you're still average joe adventurer but you're watching the world go to hell in a handbasket.

Basically, something incredibly awesome, but instead of the typical have it all happen through you, it'll happen simply around you. But I'm kind of fantasizing here.

Edited by Tale

Or, similarly, we get to be witness to Zehir overthrow Sseth.

Well, all my skepticism about Obsidian has abated. An Icewind Dale dungeon crawler type expansion? Absolutely awesome. I'm probably one of the few people who have IWD2 in my top 10 RPGs so a game like this is exactly what I've been waiting for. The new additions to the game seem to be really nice touches and I'm really looking forward to this. Keep up the good work Obsidian! :(

Wasn't the original estimate for NWN2:OC something like 20 hours?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Suggestion: Remember the theatre play that never got implemented into MotB? The one were you could direct a play that would show what really happened during the falling rocks? This is your chance Obsidian! Let the player direct a play in SoZ where he can easily tie-in all that happened in the original OC and MotB. Problem solved, no worries on about who the player will meet at Crossroad Keep in SoZ!

Hopefully it is pretty easily implemented and everyone is happy :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Currently playing the ancient (but still awesome) Pools of Darkness, and the overland map description of Storm of Zehir sounds awesome in its retro-goodness. :grin:

I do have to admit I'm a bit disapointed that the expansion isn't level 30-40 and a continuation for the Knight Captain. It may not be epic level, but it does sound like epic win nevertheless! Chult = sweet. :(

Some info "taken" from the Bio boards

Q: What kind of start of the campaign can we expect? Is it a highly personalised story, where our pc is the chosen one, some mercenary rising to the occasion, some classic prison break?, or maybe at some wizard school, a bad tavern, or what?

A: Adventurer(s).

A: As Jeff stated, straight up old school fortune and glory seekers.

Q: Is there any hope for such special and challenging 'jack in the box'?

I have high hopes for the following to happen:

My far too low-levelled party walks off in an entirely wrong direction and thus gets to bite the dust in a bloody awful way, much like how me first BG1 party far too soon entered into Ankheg fields and were crushed over and over.

A: Oh, yes. Very much yes.

Q: Proliferation of magic stuff or a more scarce approach?

A: More scarce.

Q: In light of the fact that Zehir is a new 4.0 edition god, what ruleset will SoZ be using?

A: It will be the same 3.5e that was in NWN2 and NX1.

Q: Is this a brand new story or does it continue with your character and storyline from NWN2 and MotB?

A: This is a new story with new characters, though some old faces might be seen, and some old story threads might be re-visited.

Q: So, who's working on this expansion, anyway? Is it the same team that did MotB?

A: Several members from MoTB and NWN2 are working on SoZ (NX2) as well as some new folks.

Q: Will this be more designed the way Icewind Dale was e.g. lots of locations and dungeons, not that much story and conversation but lots of fighting?

Or will it be more like Baldur's Gate e.g. lots of places to visit but a great immersive main story with lots of talk and lots of missions and less focus on the fighting?

A: Little from column A, little from column B, little from (mystery) column C.

Guess who Chief Creative Officer is.

Avellone.

Isn't that the role Ziets had with XP1? Or am I misreading.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...9&forum=128

Edited by Tale

Creative Lead.

Tomato tomatoe?

Kind of the meat of my question.

That's what I was afraid of. But he avoided saying Creative Lead.