Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Jaesun

However the game is only suppose to be 15 hours long. Hardly seems worth it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I just creamed my pants with this news! :shifty:

That's what I get for being overly too cynical that there will be never ever an NX2. I express deep apologies to the Obsidian team seeing I owe them one.

So some interesting points:

-Full party creation (Back to the roots of Icewind Dale?)

-Overland travelling system (Fallout world exploration system?)

-Party members starts from level 1(?)

-An economy focused campaign

-Streamlined party conversations, not sure what does this mean or do at all.

As for being a 15 hours campaign, I feel disappointed myself of its length. I was hoping for a twenty five actually for an expansion.

Kevin Saunders is definitely the lead designer for this project once again, I wonder who is the Creative Lead though after George Ziets left?

I think we can clearly see where the focus on this project is. Full party customisation would imply that we are not going to see joinable NPCs, which has been one of the primary areas of investment in NWN2 and MOTB. 15 hours I think is also only slightly smaller than MOTB, but keeping in line with the Xpacks' attempt to create a tyte story rather than the sprawling wonder that was the OC.

We can probably assume, for now, that the intricate interaction with factions / economy and the creation of explorable wilderness areas is where that investment is going. I'm happy with that, really. They seem to determine very clear areas of focus for each project and that can only be good.

JESUS ****ING CHRIST

OBSIDIAN I LOVE YOU FOREVER WITH ALL MY MANLY MIGHT

Create your own full party of adventurers. Devastate your foes with a squad of fireball-flinging Sorcerers, form a solid wall of steel with a party of Fighters, or strike the perfect balance in your party by spreading out the classes you choose for your characters.

Anyone else remember talk about how devs would've loved to make somethin akin new IWD? ;)

Full party creation! Full party creation! Full party creation! **** YEAH

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kevin Saunders as lead... :shifty::)

But I really want to know who's Creative Lead now that Ziets left. Maybe Saunders himself? Or wait, didn't Mitsoda stop working on Alpha protocol? :wub:

Aww man this holds EPIC potential

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Well, hopefully there's tonnes of replay value for the game to make up for the 15 hour length.

It sounds promising if the features that seems dynamic will indeed have significant impact in the overall gameplay. Hopefully there's lots of game endings for this sort of focus efforts gone through for XP2 that is not only fitting for the nature of gameplay, but encourages replay value as well.

And oh yes Xard, I share your EPIC GARness too! WOOOOOOOOO! WHOAAAAAAAH! ROAAAAAAAR!

Edited by Zoma

Dude, you can never trust when they tell us game's lenght

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I'll be happy if it at all touches on the effects of the spellplague or the lead in to it. If the story genuinely foreshadows the transition to 4e.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dude, you can never trust when they tell us game's lenght

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if gameplay lenght was more than 15 hours. Anyone remember lenghts they gave for NWN2 OC for example?

Full Party Creation is soo sweeeeeet

I don't think 15 hours is particularly short, it sounds what I got out of my first playthrough of MotB (and I also think it's what they announced for it intitally). I think that's a fine length for a game if it means a more focused experience. I thought MotB was mercifully free of those boring slogs that seem to plague RPGs (Act in NWN2, dungeon crawling towards the end of PS:T, awful planetary exploration in Mass Effect, the list goes on and on), as was Fallout 1 (which was not a long game either).

Though I definetely think there'll be plenty of replay value, it was one of MotBs best points.

I wish more full on RPGs took that route, providing shorter campaigns with a higher quality.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah, wasn't MotB marketed with 15-20 hours lenght?

And as H

Edited by Xard

Ooooh. According to Nathaniel Chapman, there's even going to be more uses of more alignment, skill, class and race based dialog options than in previous titles.

Absolutely. This is one of the main focuses of the expansion. Don't be surprised if you see more alignment, skill, class and race based dialog options than in previous titles.

What are the guesses for new races?

Edit: Heck yeah!

Edited by Tale

Nice that my prediction that the next expansion would be set in Chult was almost at 100%. I am really suprised about the change of focus in terms of design: Free-roam exploration, custom party creation and starting from level 1. I do however have concerns about the lack of interesting, joinable NPCs, and the length of the expansion, considering it's free-roam focus.

It's still good that we're going to see Crossroad Keep though. It will probably have some nice tie-ins to the OC.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Me too, on both counts.

Only thing that comes to mind are Ghostfoot Halflings. I hate Halflings, so that might as well be nothing. I also only know of them from threads asking about what races they should include in XP1.

Ooooh. According to Nathaniel Chapman, there's even going to be more uses of more alignment, skill, class and race based dialog options than in previous titles.

Absolutely. This is one of the main focuses of the expansion. Don't be surprised if you see more alignment, skill, class and race based dialog options than in previous titles.
-Streamlined party conversations, not sure what does this mean or do at all.

I wonder if this means you can switch between party members during dialog, so you can take advantage of all their alignments/skills/classes/races, instead of just one guy doing all the talking. It is something I suggested for IWD2 but iirc the IE didn't allow it; or I was simply ignored.

Anyway, although I still haven't come around to playing NWN2 and MotB, this looks quite nice. Still haven't decided on race/class for those games, so being able to create a full party is a bonus in this case.

(I can't believe I'm talking about games again. It's been a few years.)

Edited by Pope

Oh, i can handle the drawbacks of a static party if those turn out to be true.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

New info. about the party system in NX2:

There are two aspects to the party system. Characters you create and place in the party, and companions you meet along the adventure who will join your party.

Companions, or as we call them in the context of NX2, cohorts, will have a personality.

The characters you create will be just like any other created character in the player vaults.

So it sounds to be more along the lines of Wizardry 8 party system where you create six characters with selections of preset personalities and you recruit 2 NPCs from the campaign. Though for Neverwinter nights 2 engine, the party numbers I suspect should be smaller than Wizardry's or Icewind Dale's.

==Edit==

Nguh! StarWars got to me first.

Edited by Zoma

It sounds to me more that it'll be like Baldur's Gate II. You can create your own party or choose to get an NPC party. Not forced to do one, the other, or both.

That would be nice. Just two or three well-made NPCs, not five or six, and then we have a lot of options from which to create our own. This would also allow the Obsidian NPCs to be more wacky - they don't have to make sure their NPCs cater for every class of protagonist, etc. More Okku-like NPCs please.

Hopefully there will be higher production values for the expansion. That means if possible at all, there will be full voice overs for NPCs and narrations.

Bah. I got spoiled by Mass Effect's production quality.