Euro 2008

Hildegard

Does anyone doubt that the final will be Italy-Germany?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Bum.

Excuse me? >_<

Thhhbbbpppt!

:p

You'll get yours, smartass. :*

Like I said.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I ****ing hate this stupid tournament and stupid game

**** YOU RUSSIA, **** YOU

**** YOU TURKEY, **** YOU

**** YOU GERMANY, **** YOU

There's nothing worth watching anymore >_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Russia played a pretty good game, Xard.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I just hope that Germany will destroy Turkey although I don't like them as well, Turkey are the biggest ****ing lucky **** on this Euro, they're worst then Italians...

And Russia today not only defeated Holland, but they humiliated them, when it comes to play, not score, this was the most convincing victory in the Euro, the Dutch were so pathetic it was beyond recognition, Greece and Austria were better in every match compared to today's Holland

Edited by Hildegard

Russia played a pretty good game, Xard.

Holland has played best football in the whole tournament so far and then they go and ABSOLUTELY SUCK today. Why this always happens to great teams, why?

Oh, and Portugal sucking to Machine aka Failmany was LAME

As was Turkey dropping superior Croatia >_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Very surprising win for Russia. I'm disappointed that Holland did not have the strength of tactical finesse to resist more. They've played beautifully during the tournament, but the russians managed to defend aggressively against them, and the dutch had no countermoves to that and fell apart. Disappointing.

I must say this is one of the better Euro tournament in the last decade, though. It's clearly those teams who want to play offensive football who reached the quarter finals.

So far I've been dead wrong about who would win those. I was certain Portugal would beat Germany, but they just gave up for about 20-30 minutes after Ballack scored, and although they can claim he pushed his way to that goal and that they reduced to 2-3 late in the game, it's still disappointing that just lost hope for so long during the game. Hence the germans deserved it in my book.

I was surprised to say the least at the match between Croatia and Turkey, though. Absolutely the most boring match yet. 90 minutes and nothing. Heck, 115 minutes and nothing. Then 5 minutes and a penalty kick with all the thrills. That tastes like lazy game to me, and it looked like it too - that's 115 minutes we're not getting back, hence neither team deserved the win IMHO, and the winner deserves to be kicked out by the germans.

So, so far I've been wrong about three out of four quarterfinals. I suppose that means I should now just begin second-guessing myself and say Italy will win tomorrow. But frankly, Spain is the only team left that truly impressed me during the initial games, so... >_<

Russia weren't lucky, they were better. I thought they played their best game of the tournament against Sweden, but they one-upped it and did even better against Holland!

That guy up front for Russia (number 10, can't remember his name) was nothing short of phenomenal.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest The Architect

You truly are the oracle, Pidesco! Never mind my bull****, you called it with Italy in 2006, and you've delivered once again with your point that teams who peak too early choke in the knock-out stages when it really counts. So it should be adios for Spain and a Germany-Italy final.

That guy up front for Russia (number 10, can't remember his name) was nothing short of phenomenal.

I think that's either Roman Pavlyuchenko (who scored Russia's first goal) or Andrei Arshavin (who scored the last). Pavlyuchenko is a true forward type, very fast and dangerous, but Arshavin was nothing short of fantastic in the match - he challenged the dutch defense again and again, and they had a severely hard time keeping track of him. He broke their defensive ranks repeatedly with his speed and moves.

You truly are the oracle, Pidesco! Never mind my bull****, you called it with Italy in 2006, and you've delivered once again with your point that teams who peak too early choke in the knock-out stages when it really counts. So it should be adios for Spain and a Germany-Italy final.

Well, there is some truth to that. Football is unpredictable, which is one of the things that makes it interesting to watch - anything can and frequently will happen. I mean, who honestly though Turkey would score and then win on penalty kicks when Croatia scored about 3 minutes before the end, or was it even that much, on friday?

Besides, teams that do well early on and then become complacent and overconfident to the point of arrogance, like Portugal and Croatia - IMHO - this time around, tend to pay dearly for their attitude, which is always appealing.

Also, I'd like to point out something about the match between Holland and Russia - the next time someone says football/soccer is boring and there are too few goals, they should watch the first half of that match - no goals, but boy was that excellent football. Croatia vs. Turkey is the opposite example - completely boring match until we reached the extended game.

lol epic drama

Nationalistic instincts ftw

DIE AMERICANA PIG

Guest Accept
Still, I feel like I should have something mean to say to russia because I'm supposed to hate them or something... so here goes: GODDAMN YOU STALIN.

stalin.jpg

Edited by Accept

Given how excellent Croatia played in the first round, I find it difficult to say the least how they did virtually nothing for 110+ minutes. Turkey is one thing - I consider them mostly driven by the mood of the day, but I thought Croatia was a good enough team to do reasonably even on a slow day. Instead they managed to severely underimpress. Turkey may not be as good footballers in my book, but at least they were willing to fight for the victory. :)

Where the russians got the energy to maintain that pressure for 120 minutes I have no idea, though. Were there heavy amounts of vodka in those canteens? It didn't look like it, since the russians never got drunk, unless they can consume large amounts without being mentally affected that is... :)

Some tv station said they were the youngest team in the tournament. Maybe nobody has told them yet that they aren't invincible :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein