Euro 2008

Hildegard

Yes, that was unexpected. A certain Czech goalie is not going to sleep well.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been away from TV all weekend. What's happened to Poland?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They lost against Germany 2:0, and played 1:1 with Austria.

They play today against Croatia which is playing with substitutes because we already ensured the quarterfinals :p

Edited by Hildegard

So it's Turkey-Croatia in the quarterfinals...and even now I can read from various articles how Turks are saying how they're going to win the Euro and how they are going to wipe Croatia out more easily then Switzerland and the Czech...o yes...do underestimate us please...

...you've never conquered Vienna in the middle ages and you certainly won't now :p

Really? Those ****in' arrogant ****suckers. Hope Croatia send the **** packing.

I know it's only sports but those Turks look to me like bunch of uncivilized savages...they look, behave and play like that on the pitch. :*

Edited by Hildegard

They lost against Germany 2:0, and played 1:1 with Austria.

They play today against Croatia which is playing with substitutes because we already ensured the quarterfinals :*

What time?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What time?

19:45 your time :*

I see Poland could benefit from your being ahead. Which means I have to cheer you along! After tonight, anyway...

-Elwood Blues

I know it's only sports but those Turks look to me like bunch of uncivilized savages...they look, behave and play like that on the pitch. :*

Thanks guys.

centinexx.png

I know it's only sports but those Turks look to me like bunch of uncivilized savages...they look, behave and play like that on the pitch. :blink:

Thanks guys.

I hope they're only joshing for effect. They're not at all serious.

-Elwood Blues

Well no, I trust Hildegaard wouldn't go and completely embarrass Croatia by being serious about that. ;)

So who's watching Austria-Germany? Austria's really warmed to me this tournament, definitely more entertaining than drabs like Greece or Italy. Gomez screws up again by looping the ball into the air 20cm away from an open goal, Frings is literally passing like a blind man on crutches and Austria's had a couple of decent efforts. Really hope Austria wins, but they don't have anyone capable of getting a good shot on goal.

Guest The Architect

No I was being serious. The last time I ate turkey it was dry as ****. Nearly choked. Ever since then...

Well no, I trust Hildegaard wouldn't go and completely embarrass Croatia by being serious about that. ;)

So who's watching Austria-Germany? Austria's really warmed to me this tournament, definitely more entertaining than drabs like Greece or Italy. Gomez screws up again by looping the ball into the air 20cm away from an open goal, Frings is literally passing like a blind man on crutches and Austria's had a couple of decent efforts. Really hope Austria wins, but they don't have anyone capable of getting a good shot on goal.

My remarks were as a result of elevated emotions and statements of Turkish players about my team...but we don't need to bark now like our next opponents, we'll bite on the pitch :thumbsup:

And about yesterdays match Poland - Croatia...man I felt sorry for the Polish, we were out there with 8 substitutes on the pitch that have never played a match together and yet we not only defeated them, but virtually humiliated them, they had no idea, only like 5 minutes of structural game, they looked so lost on the pitch I couldn't even gloat because it was so sad...and if our strikes were more efficient it would have ended 3 or 4 goals ahead for us.

But all of this made me so happy to see just how many good players a country with 4.3 million people has. :sorcerer:

Edited by Hildegard

Bum.

-Elwood Blues

Guest The Architect

I think Walsingham likes Poland and he's just bitter because they sucked it real bad. :thumbsup:

And yeah I don't know what it is with Croatians and football. One Croatian I knew in my high school year was the best player in our grade, very good player he was, and another Croatian I knew that was a show pony who used to play football in the first year of high school was a pretty good player as well, but too much of a glory seeker.

Edited by The Architect

Bum.

Excuse me? :thumbsup:

Thhhbbbpppt!

-Elwood Blues

Bum.

Excuse me? :thumbsup:

Thhhbbbpppt!

:sorcerer:

You'll get yours, smartass. ;)

-Elwood Blues