Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

Fraid not, friend. Robert Rodriguez co-directed Sin City with Frank Miller. Zack Snyder, of homoerotic 300 fame, is the creative mind behind the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake. :x

That said, the trailer looks promising.

So did the trailer to 300.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I thought the Dawn of the Dead remake was pretty good. And I loved 300. Watchmen looks fantastic so far. The approach he took to it was that since the original comic was a satire of comics, this being a movie, would be a satire of comic movies. Hence Nite Owl having the crazy Batman outfit and such. My only beef so far was that Ozymandias was badly miscast.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Dark Knight. A good movie considering I usually prefer the Burton films. Ledger did an excellent job as the Joker even rating up there with Nicolson's Joker.

Why did they have to kill Two Face? He's awesome and he should have continued on as a main villian in the next film.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Wierd, I hated Sin City and thought 300 was a blast.

Clearly, you are not normal. Sorry. Cry if it makes you feel better. :blush:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well I just saw Dark Knight. It is definately the best comic book movie yet. Absolutely fantastic. Must see this movie.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I also just saw the Dark Knight... and all I have to say is....

blech.

Not that it's a bad movie, it's not. It's fabulous, incredibly well done. And it left me with this horrible, nasty, feeling of despair. Yay.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I have to agree about TDK. Best comic book movie I've seen, Ledger was amazing as the Joker and I am completely awed by his performance. I don't want to make a point that he was better, rather that he was a Joker deserving of the 00s. Caesar Romero was a great Joker and I doubt anyone back then could have pictured the Joker as something more than a clown gone ballistic. Jack Nicholson was a very fitting Joker, I'd say he carries himself a little loon too. Mark Hamill did a fantastic job as a Joker for the animated show, but since it was mainly for kids, he just couldn't play a Joker as M rated as TDK's. As the viewing crowd matured and the definition of evil has become a lot better defined since the Joker was originally conceived, I believe that the Joker could not be portrayed in modern standards any different way and be considered fitting. I had hardly seen any footage of TDK and I suspected that Ledger might have pulled a great performance on this one. I don't think that Ledger was a bad actor nor one of the greatest, he was good and his looks helped a lot but for all actors there is the capability to learn and to become better. Last movie I saw Ledger in was The Brothers Grimm and I must say that I was not all that impressed by his performance, which is why at first I couldn't picture him as the Joker or see a better Joker than Nicholson's, and yet there I was at the end, wanting to congratulate in standing ovation cast and crew for a fantastic overall experience. I am just worried about the 3rd installment, there will be no such Joker there, I wonder if he can be overcome? and if so by who?

Dark Knight - Too long, it bored my 16 year old nephew into walking out of the theater, I also reached the point in hoping it would end and it never seemed to. Never a good sign. Another Batman film which also happens to guest star The Batman, the joker stole the show, just like the first Joker appearance, the suit still looks terrible, hell the suit from the fan made film is superior. That being said it's still a terrific film, there is so much going on they could have (should have) stretched it into 2 films. The direction, action, acting where all good, just did not seem to flow as well as the original. The Batman was really conflicted in this film, not at all like the first and better film. I did not like the ending and the direction this film seemed to take, I am fearful about the next installment.

8/10

Superman: The movie is still tops in my book. A true hero that likes being a hero in an epic film that still has not been surpassed.

Guest The Architect

Rambo IV.

I ****in loved it. It's very graphic, but such a fun action movie to watch, with good action sequences that don't make you go, "Oh, **** off."

Batman - Awesome. Commisioner Gordon has a pretty lousy house, I know they don't pay great, but he should be able to afford a better place than that. Maggie Gyllanhal (however you spell it) was fantastic. I didn't think the Dawson's Creek girl was terrible in the first, but Maggie showed how to do it right.

I really liked the Dawn on the Dead remake. Hated the Diary of the Dead rumpunctu (new word).

Watched Transformers today, while laid up. I freaking loved it! Genuinely cool and satisfying action sequences. Couldn't have made a better ending for my money. Or I may just be high as a kite on lemsip.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The 300 director? Oh bugger.

But keep in mind he's also the guy behind Sin City, which was a damn impressive movie.

Fraid not, friend. Robert Rodriguez co-directed Sin City with Frank Miller. Zack Snyder, of homoerotic 300 fame, is the creative mind behind the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake. :x

That said, the trailer looks promising.

Ah thanks for the clarification. :( I thought Frank Miller was pretty hands on with the production of 300 but I could be wrong. I didn't enjoy the film much myself so I didn't spend much time reading up on it or its backstory or production.

Edited by wesley2

The Dark Knight was really good.

I don't think it was meant for kids to watch. I could tell the kids in the audience were getting bored when they started talking and throwing stuff.

I wonder how the next film will work out. It seems like it will be a trilogy seeing as how this one ended. I don't think anyone will be able to top Ledger's performance as the Joker though.

Dark Knight was ****ing EPIC.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I saw the Dark Knight this weekend in a packed theater. It was funny. Every time the Joker gets on the screen you can hear the murmuring excitement from the crowd and then sometimes followed by loud cheers. It felt like a live concert. After the movie, I went to the bathroom and the guy in the adjacent stall who was a total stranger and looked about 60ish started talking to me about the movie. Totally werid experience.

Overall, the movie is really good. I wished the Batman performance was as strong as the Joker though.

Guest The Architect

I ****ing loved The Dark Knight. The new Batman films are better than the old ones.

I have three questions about the next Batman film:

1. What do you think they will do with the Joker in the next Batman film?

2. Will Lucius return to Wayne Enterprises?

3. Do you think that Rachel is dead?

I ****ing loved The Dark Knight. The new Batman films are better than the old ones.

I have three questions about the next Batman film:

1. What do you think they will do with the Joker in the next Batman film?

2. Will Lucius return to Wayne Enterprises?

3. Do you think that Rachel is dead?

1. Have someone else play him, most likely. Won't be as good, but whatever.

2. Yup.

3. Nope.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS