Games you are looking forward to

Gorth

Grey Matter screenshots. :p

Whoa, are those FMVs, or pre-rendered backgrounds a la Final Fantasy? Cuz there's no way those are real-time! :)

I'm looking forward to Starcraft II at the moment. I'm also thinking of picking up Fallout 2 via Good Old Games. I haven't played either of the Fallouts, but they both seem to be hot favorites amongst the good folks here. Do I need to have played Fallout to appreciate Fallout 2?

2008_fundraiser_banner_button-en.png

Grey Matter screenshots. ;)

Whoa, are those FMVs, or pre-rendered backgrounds a la Final Fantasy? Cuz there's no way those are real-time! :-

I'm looking forward to Starcraft II at the moment. I'm also thinking of picking up Fallout 2 via Good Old Games. I haven't played either of the Fallouts, but they both seem to be hot favorites amongst the good folks here. Do I need to have played Fallout to appreciate Fallout 2?

No, not really. Fallout 2's storyline is pretty self contained. But Fallout 1 is still a great game. I recently purchased and replayed Fallout via GOG, and its still a great roleplaying game. I'm planning on playing Fallout 2 next. There is even a higher resolution patch and community/fan made patches that fix bugs and add in cut content.

Left 4 Dead

;) ... I just found out about this game. I remember Ravenholm in Halflife 2, and to have an entire game like that, and co-op too? Looks promising.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

'm also thinking of picking up Fallout 2 via Good Old Games. I haven't played either of the Fallouts, but they both seem to be hot favorites amongst the good folks here. Do I need to have played Fallout to appreciate Fallout 2?

There'll be things you wont understand before you've played F1, they're not important except for the feel but then again feel is quite important for the Fallout games. I don't see why you would play 2 and not 1 since there are very few graphical and gameplay improvements between 1 and 2 and as such little reason not to play 1.

F1 is even free on Gametap if you can handle its DRM.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

'm also thinking of picking up Fallout 2 via Good Old Games. I haven't played either of the Fallouts, but they both seem to be hot favorites amongst the good folks here. Do I need to have played Fallout to appreciate Fallout 2?

There'll be things you wont understand before you've played F1, they're not important except for the feel but then again feel is quite important for the Fallout games. I don't see why you would play 2 and not 1 since there are very few graphical and gameplay improvements between 1 and 2 and as such little reason not to play 1.

F1 is even free on Gametap if you can handle its DRM.

I played 2 first, and I liked it so much I just had to try the first. You definitely don't need to play one to fully appreciate the other, as the connections between the two aren't that strong to begin with, and the engine and UI are virtually unchanged. The games are set 80 years apart from each other, too. But seeing how F1 is free on GT, it's probably the best choice.

Fallout 1 is downloadable? That would be cool if I hadn't already own the original. Best games ever made. :p

I am so looking forward to Oblivion with Guns mod, aka Fallout 3. Make sure it uses DRM, 1 install only and must be registered online before you can even play it.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Gametap is a subscription based service, so I'm not sure why anyone would have an issue with the DRM. You are accessing THEIR games library. The games belong to them. Even if you are paying the $10 subscription, you aren't purchasing a specific title. It's like paying $10 to go into a movie theatre and being allowed to watch as many movies as you want for a month.

Heck, they even let you watch some movies for free, like Fallout. Fallout 2 came out last week and Tactics is on its way in a couple weeks.

It's the best choice all around since he'll be buying F1 when he can't get enough of F2 even if he doesn't like Gametap. :)

:)

I wasn't aware that F1 was available on GoG. I'll grab them both!

Gametap does seem to be a good service but at the moment I'm only interested in these 2 games and its nice to own a copy of these classics, plus I want to support GoG.

2008_fundraiser_banner_button-en.png

Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy versus XIII, Final Fantasy Agito XIII, Final Fantasy Dissidia, NWN2: Storm of Zehyr, Alpha Protocol and Dragon Age (but only if it will not have same DRM as Spore or Mass Effect)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Resident Evil 5

Yeah, it looks good - and it sounds like there's going to be a PC version too! :x

EDIT:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I pre-ordered Fable II, and I've actually been enjoying this little card game that they released on Xbox live early. The money I earn in the card game transfers to my Fable character.

Is it only one game? I thought it was called Fable II: Pub Games... :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I pre-ordered Fable II, and I've actually been enjoying this little card game that they released on Xbox live early. The money I earn in the card game transfers to my Fable character.

Is it only one game? I thought it was called Fable II: Pub Games... :ermm:

Yeah, there are three games. One is a card game, like a simplified version of Solitaire, one is basically a slot machine, and one is kind of like Roulette. The card game is the only one I've really found enjoyable.

Gametap is a subscription based service, so I'm not sure why anyone would have an issue with the DRM. You are accessing THEIR games library. The games belong to them. Even if you are paying the $10 subscription, you aren't purchasing a specific title. It's like paying $10 to go into a movie theatre and being allowed to watch as many movies as you want for a month.

Heck, they even let you watch some movies for free, like Fallout. Fallout 2 came out last week and Tactics is on its way in a couple weeks.

Does Gametap work pretty well? Is it up consistently? IS it pretty transparent once you are actually in a game? Can you see any difference between XCOM on your pc and XCOM on gametap? Do the old games (like XCOM) run well? Is there some kind of client that installs to your pc?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but it seems pretty cool if ti works well. :sorcerer:

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm looking forward to games without DRM so I can play them AND take a moral highground when I buy them. It's like two games in one which is weird because it doesn't say 'games' on the box LOL.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Does Gametap work pretty well? Is it up consistently? IS it pretty transparent once you are actually in a game? Can you see any difference between XCOM on your pc and XCOM on gametap? Do the old games (like XCOM) run well? Is there some kind of client that installs to your pc?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but it seems pretty cool if ti works well. :sorcerer:

I've had Gametap for a few months and I've never encountered any outages. It works very well for playing old and new games. Some of the older ones, like Kings Quest, run in windowed mode though. It is completely transparent when you are in a game.

I haven't played Xcom on the service, but I always had issues running it in dosbox, mostly just with the speed settings (like the scrolling speed.) On Gametap, I've never had any issues running older games, they are programmed to be playable within the Gametap client. So yes, there is a client that all the games run on, and it isn't very intrusive. When I want to play a game from Gametap, I load up the client and launch it directly from the service. The Gametap client runs much like an internet browser.

It's only 99 cents for the first month, if you are interested in giving it a try. I think it's well worth that.

I'm also surprised at the newer titles they've managed to get a hold of. Jericho, the Sam & Max series, and Kane & Lynch are among the few that are included with your subscription.

They aren't paying me to say this stuff.

Dinivity 2: Ego Draconis is starting to sound really good:

"The lovely Dana asks you to deliver a private letter to the local blacksmith who you've been trading with. You could do her that favor, but instead you open the letter and learn that Dana has been cheating on her husband with the blacksmith. Of course, you return to Dana and blackmail her, demanding money for your silence. But Dana is a strong woman. She grabs the letter, shows it to her husband, says she is leaving him forever, and runs off to see the blacksmith. The husband sulks, alone. Consequently, the blacksmith will no longer trade with you.

Larian estimates that there are 15 to 20 possible solutions for each quest in Divinity 2, no matter how large or small."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinity2eg...reviews;title;5

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Fable 2

Divinity 2

Dragon Age (what no number?! Oh right, it's Dragon Age: Origins now. The semicolon makes up for it)

Fallout 3

Deus Ex 3

Apparently this will be the year of F and D for me.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I imagine Dragon Age will be a must buy. I'll probably pickup the new NWN2 expansion. I'm inked for Fallout 3, although I have doubts about it on a variety of levels.

None of the above excite me, but that way I can be pleasantly surprised.

Still have my ear to the ground otherwise.