So are you going to buy Mass Effect PC ?

Will you buy it?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Mass Effect PC

• Yes, Ill probably get it
    • Yes, Ill get it even though Ive already got it for the 360
    • No, Im not interested
    • No, Ive already got the 360 version
    • No, my PC isnt good enough
    • No, I cant afford it
    • No, I will download a pirated copy for free

It's an action/adventure, regardless of how big the stick up CrashGirl's butt is.

What kind of medication are you on? Surely for it to be even close to an adventure game it should have some kind of interaction that isn't reflex based and I honestly can't remember something that fits the bill.

The concept of genres is a wonderful, wonderful bit of lunacy.

Buy Mass Effect? No. Not now, at least. My computer is too old for all that sci-fi lesbo glitz.

I think for me the problem was doing console-type things on a PC keyboard that took some levels of the game to monotonous. The decryption mini-game was a nightmare, as my keyboard (and apparently many others) hesitated and stuttered slightly. Shopping was a chore, and for the life of me I couldn't understand why I had to listen to all that danged droning dialogue two or three times just to look at all the categories of items a vendor had. I hated that I couldn't skip past dialogue and cutscenes.... and every dialogue was a cutscene.

Those are the things that dropped the game from an A to a B for me. I enjoyed the story overall, loved the Mako, loved the ability to free-fly all over the galaxy, enjoyed most of the characters. The missions were cool, and I think I did every assignment available (although one must admit that there was a sameness to them after a while). A good game, an ambitious game, but with some unfortunate flaws in my opinion.

Maybe I can force myself out of Paragon mode and try to be a Renegade... but if Renegade turns out to be a softer name for "evil", I'll get the willies and bail again. Can't help myself. I'm a good girl at heart! :lol:

Exploring the uncharted worlds is imo boring and just an artificial way to extend the play time. They better should have skipped that and include an other story planet instead.

Its kind of a duality thing with those. Theyre all the same and you get tired of them real fast, but without them, space wouldnt feel quite as big and spacey. But we can almost count on ME2 having more actual content, since BioWare now have a working pipeline.

..on the other hand, its EA holding the money, so they might opt to release the game sooner with less content.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

2K has removed the SecuROM DRM from Bioshock. Completely on their end, as well. You won't even need to patch it. I actually anticipate Mass Effect following the same trend after a time. After a time.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ubisoft has removed the SecuROM DRM from Bioshock. Completely on their end, as well. You won't even need to patch it. I actually anticipate Mass Effect following the same trend after a time. After a time.

They didn't remove Securom. All the removed was the activation limit. Check the link.

Hey look! You can play Bioshock now! DRM = Gone!

EDIT: Nevermind. Just the install limits have been removed.

nm, it seems SecuROM has other functions in Bioshock.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Exploring the uncharted worlds is imo boring and just an artificial way to extend the play time. They better should have skipped that and include an other story planet instead.

Its kind of a duality thing with those. Theyre all the same and you get tired of them real fast, but without them, space wouldnt feel quite as big and spacey. But we can almost count on ME2 having more actual content, since BioWare now have a working pipeline.

..on the other hand, its EA holding the money, so they might opt to release the game sooner with less content.

They should have concentrated on making the Citadel a bit more elaborated, with more quests, more areas, just more "stuff" going on on the Citadel. I think that would have helped tremendously to convey a greater feel and importance to galaxy.

Have you even played the 360 version?

I'm currently on my third playthrough. I'm terribly sorry if the controls are too hard for you to get to grips with, but Kaftan not likey doesn't make for bad design. Honestly, the idea that some senior designer forced this on the game, and everyone else, designers and testers, where too scared to say anything about it is just ridiculous.

I think for me the problem was doing console-type things on a PC keyboard that took some levels of the game to monotonous. The decryption mini-game was a nightmare, as my keyboard (and apparently many others) hesitated and stuttered slightly.

The 360 decryption mini-game wasn't the same as the PC version. It was a really simple Simon Says push one of four buttons as it lights up. Still a chore though.

I hated that I couldn't skip past dialogue and cutscenes.... and every dialogue was a cutscene.

You can skip individual lines of dialogue, I dunno what the button on PC is. It's still annoying that you can go directly to shopping though.

Maybe I can force myself out of Paragon mode and try to be a Renegade... but if Renegade turns out to be a softer name for "evil", I'll get the willies and bail again. Can't help myself. I'm a good girl at heart! :)

Heh, I'm exactly the same. I like that Renegade isn't moustache-twirling evil sillyness, but I'm just too much of a good little boy to play that way. :)

The games primary propellant is still running and gunning and as such it is a first person shooter.

Sure, but the exploration factor is enough for me to consider it an action/adventure, if only because that side of it is greater than what you find in most shooters. I also consider Deus Ex an action/adventure. Ultimately, all genre means to me is which games folder I put it into on my harddrive, or where it sits on my shelf. How others classify what games doesn't change how I feel about them, and I don't get why people feel the need to give certain games specific labels (like calling anything first person an FPS. I think FPS should be referred to as the Oblivion With Guns genre).

Edited by Hell Kitty

ME is an Action RPG. It fits that 'new age' genre to a tee much like JE, and BL do as opposed to games like Diablo that try to pretend to be Action RPGs simply based on the fact they have levels and character generation/advancement.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The official genre label by Microsoft and Bioware is "action-RPG" so you're right on the money there, Volo. IMO, any discussion about a games "true genre" is irrelevant as its the publisher who puts the genre stamp on the box.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The game is a bit short too. I'm currently on my second run-through, and only do the story-missions and side quests on the citadel. Should take me only 10 hours to beat it. Exploring the uncharted worlds is imo boring and just an artificial way to extend the play time. They better should have skipped that and include an other story planet instead.

The most entertaining thing I've found while exploring uncharted ME worlds:

post-619-1214140066_thumb.jpg

There's one planet that mentions something about some people finding a giant alien ship (sovereign) that later disapeard mysteriously with everyone involved.

And a mention of an organic ship and tons of war history. Nothing too fancy, but nice fluff all the same.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds