UK scientists to create half human half animal embryos

Guard Dog

Excerpt:

British scientists will be allowed to research devastating diseases such as Alzheimer

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Mixing two of the greatest cosmic forces in the universe; lolis and kittens. What has science done, besides ensuring that my 50's will be fondly remembered before I die. God bless the United Kingdom.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

...this sounds like a real Pandora's box that maybe should not be opened. Opinions?

While I will have to learn more about exactly what they are attempting, my first, gut reaction is that they should proceed with great caution and make sure to watch out for radical assassins. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hmmm... playboy bunnies :ermm:

So, we could create a race made with the strength and stamina of an ox and the IQ of 50, just enough to understand basic instructions. Like "Dig!", "Kill!", "Lift!"...

Time to place bets, who revolts first, the hybrids or the AI's?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mixing two of the greatest cosmic forces in the universe; lolis and kittens. What has science done, besides ensuring that my 50's will be fondly remembered before I die. God bless the United Kingdom.

You've been on that board way too long

That said I fear rise of the furries. I guess I need to go buy ammo and shotgun

And I don't like this. At all

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I think this is cool. SENTIENT SQUIRRELS FTW!!!!!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Kirottu sold his soul to the devil to have this happen.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I would sell his soul too. :)

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I'm more worried about GM crops, now THATS somthing that's going to end in tears.

No doubt. They don't even make good cars.

I have already sold my soul for boobies mouse pad and even then I had to use all of my bargaining skills. :unsure:

So this was just dumb luck? Or did you pawn something else? I'd say dignity, but I'm guessing that went when you cosplayed Tenchi Muyo's Ryo-ohki at that anime convention.

Heja Sverige!!

It's only embryos. Why not?

People worried that test-tube babies would be a Pandora's Box, but it hasn't happened. I think proceeding with caution is the right thing to do, and this research will be heavily monitored and regulated by the government.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I remember being like ten or eleven, and being told at school about test tube babies and the controversy associated with them. I didn't understood at all why anyone would complain about it.

Heja Sverige!!

I'm more worried about GM crops, now THATS somthing that's going to end in tears.

With food crisis the world is presently facing, unfortunately its the fastest and efficient method (With unknown consequence) to be a viable solution without facing prolonged mass starvation.

GM food are common in Singapore to the point there is no need to brand them as GM food. So far, nothing tragic happended to any of us yet.

Edited by Zoma

The furries are going to be really happy about this.

And that REALLY creeps me out.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I've been following this for a few years, and as far as I understand it, the scientists will only be performing experiments on and testing the viability of stem cells extracted from the embryos. None will be allowed to develop to term (not that they could survive that long anyway). We avoid a furry revolution for a few years more.

Edited by Archmonarch

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I remember being like ten or eleven, and being told at school about test tube babies and the controversy associated with them. I didn't understood at all why anyone would complain about it.

'M with you there all the way. Certain persons seem to find it far more of an abomination that a child can be born in a lab than in a slum.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I, for one, welcome our new Chimera overlords.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I, for one, welcome our new Chimera overlords.

The word is pronounced "Graaahhhhhkkkk!"

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Though let's face it: wings CAN be pretty handy.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Though let's face it: wings CAN be pretty handy.

Frankly, after so many years of the internet I was hoping for tentacles.

-Elwood Blues