NHL

I think that's karma for how the Blues treated Dougie Weight last season. Or was that the season before last?

And it's not just the Rangers who haven't named an official captain yet. Toronto and Vancouver come to mind as well.

My money says Sundin retires this year.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah.. I think it's too soon. I mean, the guy had 78 points in 74 games last season. It's not like he's playing on old merits or anything. But I remember him from when he was a junior here in Sweden.. he's impossible to deal with and always does go his own ways. When he left to play in the NHL when he was 19, there was some scandal about that too back here in Sweden. There was even talk about banning him from the national team forever! I'm pretty happy that didn't become reality.. :shifty:

I've never felt so.. unengaged about the Leafs before as I feel now. We have no stars, we have no plan, we have no future. It's like a bunch of nonames sitting in limbo, pretending to be a hockey club. Let's hope my enthusiasm returns once the puck drops.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeah.. I think it's too soon. I mean, the guy had 78 points in 74 games last season. It's not like he's playing on old merits or anything. But I remember him from when he was a junior here in Sweden.. he's impossible to deal with and always does go his own ways. When he left to play in the NHL when he was 19, there was some scandal about that too back here in Sweden. There was even talk about banning him from the national team forever! I'm pretty happy that didn't become reality.. :shifty:

I've never felt so.. unengaged about the Leafs before as I feel now. We have no stars, we have no plan, we have no future. It's like a bunch of nonames sitting in limbo, pretending to be a hockey club. Let's hope my enthusiasm returns once the puck drops.

But you signed Jeff Finger!

Okay, I actually like Jeff Finger, but I don't know that he'll live up to that kind of coin.

Edited by Checkpoint

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I think that's karma for how the Blues treated Dougie Weight last season. Or was that the season before last?

season before. golfcart accident? ay caramba, hadn't heard that. i need to call my brothers to find out the scoop. they're probably screaming, but overall happy that at least we have mizzou to root for. heck, we'll probably have a new rams coach this year, too. murray should catch his stride, so maybe st. louis sports are looking up! :)

i know it's OT, but how 'bout them trojans, hehe...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I don't think the Leafs will be horrid, Ron Wilson knows how to coach teams to play defensive hockey. They just won't be very exciting to watch.

Hey, if I wanted excitement, I'd be a Caps fan! I just want a hockey team with a clear leader, a big heart and a sense of.. personality. For lack of a better word.

Personally I suspect they will both suck and be unexciting to watch. And I secretly hope Sundin will put on his skates again, ignore $20 million from Vancouver (if that still stands?) and lead this new team for just one more season..

So... do the Leafs have ANY worthwhile players left?

Am I the only one who sees another grim year for canadian hockey teams?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Did anyone else catch the Montreal-Detroit game tonight? Price made an awesome save in the third period. The puck went up off his blocker and was going to bounce over his arm and into the net. Holmstrom tried to knock it out of the air and in, but Price beat him to it as he twisted around and slapped the puck away with his stick before it got anywhere near the goal line. Totally awesome save.

Don Cherry is a bigoted moron. Agree with him at your own risk of looking silly.

Ovechkin may not get 'better' in terms of goal scoring; but he's gonna get better most likely when it comes to dominating the league.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I watched the Pittsburgh-Ottawa game too. Funny game, both teams looked very rusty and unable to sustain any form of momentum. I guess that's par for the course at this point, though. As a game it sucked and with a mostly neutral crowd you got a kind of eerie feeling out of it. But it was fun to see an actual NHL game played in the arena I work at.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Huh? What does the bad schedule have to do with the European expansion? Shouldn't that be "Go crappy schedule planners!"?

Do you really think that if the season was starting in North America (like it should), they'd have such a delay between the opening games and the rest of the season? These opening games in Europe aren't a reward to the fans there, they're an experiment the NHL is conducting to see how much drawing power they have on the other side of the world.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Yep, there's no games 'till thursday, IIRC. Personally, I think the league should look at stabilizing some of their weaker markets before even considering expanding overseas. Teams bitch about travelling to colorado and canada. How much whining will there be if they have to endure more than a three hour flight? Oh, the horrors!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Shanahan would be a horrible choice. While Drury isn't my first pick; he's acceptable. Shanahan is a punk whose past his prime. Thankfully, the Rangers treated him like dirt just like did Jagr (BOO!).

We Rangers should be thankful we have one of the best goalies in the league along with a really good D or else we'd suck big time this season. Too bad we don't have a true gamebreaker any more.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.