NHL

If Ducks fired Burke they are stupid. The guy gave them a cup, and more importantly as the GM he gave them a team that can compete. 0-4 is not the end of the world. Just like the fact the Rangers went 5-0 m(5-1 now) doens't mean their guaranteed to win anything either. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm puzzled by the Blackhawks firing their coach today. Their GM is saying it's about 'moving forward' with a more experienced coach. Joel Quenville has a better record, sure. But last time I checked the lineups were pretty different between Colorado and Chicago.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

If Ducks fired Burke they are stupid. The guy gave them a cup, and more importantly as the GM he gave them a team that can compete. 0-4 is not the end of the world. Just like the fact the Rangers went 5-0 m(5-1 now) doens't mean their guaranteed to win anything either. *shrug*

I wouldn't say Burke 'gave' anyone a cup. He inherited a pretty decent team when he came into the picture. He got lucky with the Oilers being desperate to move Pronger. Plus, I wouldn't say a lot of the moves he's made since being GM have really panned out. Beruzzi didn't even make it through the two year deal he signed!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

He gave them the cup. He was hired to help the Ducks win, and he's done that. A Gm is suppsoed to give his team the best chance at winning, and being successful. He's done. I didn't see any other team's GM get Pronger from the Oilers. It wasn't luck. 'Pretty decent' does not equal stanley cup winners. And, a lot of his moves worked out as again, the Ducks won a cup, and they wouldn't have done so without Pronger, and it was Burke who got him to be a Duck.

Great game between Washington - Pittsburgh tonight. Ovechkin may not be getting any points right now, but damn is he dominating physically! I almost felt sorry for Malkin who received most of the pain. I have no idea why but I guess Malkin said something nasty to Ovechkin.. in Russian.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Denis Savard was fired as head coach for the Blackhawks. I don't understand why they wouldn't have just fired him in the offseason though, I had heard they wanted Joel Quenneville for awhile (maybe it was some of the off-ice issues I've also heard rumors about).

Can't say I agree with the move. Not only did Savard bring an exciting style of play to his team which was good for us fans, but it was the right way for that team to play given their players.

Edmonton has been on the good end of the officials tonight. Souray looked good, before he was injured And Todd Bertuzzi seems to be finally regaining his dominant form.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I will admit, I was not expecting to sweep the home-and-home, but I'll take it. Calgary came out like gangbusters and played a near perfect 1st period. Then Edmonton decided to return the favour in the second, and never really looked back. Good adjustments or whatever for the second period, and to put the not so good first period behind them.

Edited by alanschu

Calgary came out like gangbusters and played a near perfect 2nd period. Then Edmonton decided to return the favour in the second, and never really looked back. Good adjustments or whatever for the second period...

Exactly how many second periods do the Oilers play every game? :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Just one unfortunately haha. But I am so on the 2nd period that I meant to say that Calgary came out like gangbusters in the first.

Though while it's easy to say Edmonton played like crap in the first, I think a part of it was just Calgary played so great. It flustered Edmonton and they had a hard time making passes and so forth haha.

Still, hopefully they can get that second period effort going more consistently to start the game.

Edited by alanschu

Habs season will be one long ceremony. Includes such gems as:

JAN. 8 (vs. Toronto) - ''Leafs Mathematically Eliminated From Playoff Race Night''* Featuring post-game fireworks and dance party! Live Performance by Mitsou! (Assuming Mitsou can be located.)

(*May be cancelled if Leafs are already mathematically eliminated by January.)

Just one unfortunately haha. But I am so on the 2nd period that I meant to say that Calgary came out like gangbusters in the first.

Though while it's easy to say Edmonton played like crap in the first, I think a part of it was just Calgary played so great. It flustered Edmonton and they had a hard time making passes and so forth haha.

Still, hopefully they can get that second period effort going more consistently to start the game.

The Capitals have been the same way, although they usually play 2 periods per game (2nd and 3rd) and they play those from behind. They've given up something like 80% of their goals in the first. It worries me that the team seems to be light on motivation until they are trailing, that kind of attitude eventually will come around to bite you.

NEWSFLASH: My fellow Ranger fans acting like pieces of crap today. I'm glad we lost. Scumbags.

Did they boo Avery? I'm not sure why, he was offered a great contract by Dallas, and I doubt the Rangers were looking to match it. Who did the Rangers give up for him last year?

He also gave them a huge boost last year. It's not like they trade for him and he came in and stunk the place up.

Of course they booed him. This is why I hate fans of all typ0es (even thoguh I am one). Because, they're hypocritical pieces of crap who in the arrogance thinsk everyone's life should revolve around them. Avery did nothing wrong. Am I disspaointed he's not a Ranger; but get over it. Cheering when he gets hit in hopes he'll become a c rip0ple just months after you were cheering him? STFU Stupid Fans!

Fans in Edmonton are miffed because two of the young up and comers on the team participated in an autograph session over the weekend. Where they charged money! The horror!

And a blogger was booted from the Oilers press box last week for doing a live blog during a game. Not such a big deal, methinks, but then I actually read his blog of the game. It was tasteless and pretty insulting to the Oil in general. I guess going 4 and 0 out of the gate isn't enough to write about...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif