NHL

Btw, I found this comment in my profile:

I predict Mats Sundin will miss ten games this season. And still end up with seventy points.

Mat Sundin season 2007-2008: Games: 74, Goals: 32, Assists: 46, Points: 78

He missed 8 games and ended up closer to 80.. but still.. pretty good guess! Mats is like a machine, like clockwork.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Shanahan would be a horrible choice. While Drury isn't my first pick; he's acceptable. Shanahan is a punk whose past his prime. Thankfully, the Rangers treated him like dirt just like did Jagr (BOO!).

We Rangers should be thankful we have one of the best goalies in the league along with a really good D or else we'd suck big time this season. Too bad we don't have a true gamebreaker any more.

I thought it was pretty obvious that captains don't have to be producers

But, they have to be the team leaders which Dury is. Shanahan ain't no more. He's D U N

Drury, Gomez, Rozsival, Redden, or even Naslund are worthy captains for the Rangers. Yes, i say that even though the last two are fleshly new to the team, and I'm not the biggest supporter of the Naslund signing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

But the Leafs won! Away against Detroit! I hope this is a sign of the times to come :D

Not only did the Leafs win, but they deserved the win. They outplayed Detroit all night long. I'm pretty sure that's one of the signs of the apocalypse. ;)

The Sharks looked a good deal different, even though it's only the first game. It helps to have the blue line vets Blake and Boyle, but the forwards all seemed much more active, particularly on the power play. I can see the differences in the coaching style right away. Not that Wilson was bad, but I don't think his defensive focus was conducive to the Sharks line up.

Calgary is down 6-0 to Vancouver. Vancouver! The team that wasn't supposed to be able to score any goals this year. Vancouver just scored their 6th while shorthanded after Bernier got an extra two for coming to the aid of a teammate.

EDIT: Luongo has the first shutout of the season.

Edited by Deraldin

Detroit's defensemen looked mediocre from 1 to 6, and the whole team defense thing was pretty shoddy too.

Stanley Cup hangover, happens to the best of them. I still think they'll have no trouble winning their division, but maybe someone else has a chance at the President's Cup this year.

I think Bernier will really mesh well with the Sedin's, and with Luongo the Canucks always have a shot at winning. I don't know much about their depth and blue line though.

I think Bernier will really mesh well with the Sedin's, and with Luongo the Canucks always have a shot at winning. I don't know much about their depth and blue line though.

Vancouver has a pretty good top 4 group of d-men. They got hit hard with injuries to all four for significant amounts of time last year. If they can stay healthy this year they should be in good shape on the back end.

Ohlund was out for 30 games with Back Spasms (19 games) and had surgery on his left knee (last 11 games)

Bieksa was out for 47 games with a Calf Laceration

Salo was out for 19 games with Left Wrist injury (9 games), a broken nose (8 games) and a sore groin (2 games)

Mitchell was out 10 games with a sore back

Up front is where they have some problems. They have three players that put up more than 35 points last year in the Sedin's and Pavol Demitra. Bernier should do much better this year with the Sedin's, but I'm not so sure about the rest of their offence. They looked really good last night though.

My man Bobby Lang was the Habs best player tonight (maybe best player on the ice). He was motivated and he's always had a great shot and great passing skills and great creativity. He actually played defense too and did something I never saw him do in Detroit (or in the few games I watched of him in Chicago): try to block shots. :D

Kinda half-assed it on the shootout tho... :p

My man Bobby Lang was the Habs best player tonight (maybe best player on the ice). He was motivated and he's always had a great shot and great passing skills and great creativity. He actually played defense too and did something I never saw him do in Detroit (or in the few games I watched of him in Chicago): try to block shots. :D

Kinda half-assed it on the shootout tho... :lol:

Heh, now that's what I'm talking about! 6-1 victory over the Leafs. Tanguay had a goal and three assists tonight. Team went 3-7 on the powerplay.

I hope to get that game (for computer). I trey and selectively buy all the good NHL games (94, 2000, 2004, 2006). This one looks good.

You really are missing out if you don't get to use the skill stick, which I don't think the PC has.

I hope to get that game (for computer). I trey and selectively buy all the good NHL games (94, 2000, 2004, 2006). This one looks good.

You really are missing out if you don't get to use the skill stick, which I don't think the PC has.

I know but I don't have Xbox. :(