NHL

I just realized that I did something incredibly stupid two months ago. I scheduled a 3 hour lecture at 7pm on wednesdays. For the next two and a half months I'll have to record the early games on TSN if I want to watch them. I don't want to miss Montreal's home opener. :lol:

I was surprised to hear the LA Kings fans booing Rob Blake last night. The Kings didn't offer him a contract, so why would you boo a guy who played 13 seasons and was an impressive force throughout his career? I guess they booed him when he went to Colorado, but he was traded that time, if I recall correctly. I just don't get it.

I'm up for booing players that jet during free agency without giving the home team a chance to sign him. I don't blame the player, but that should be expected. I just don't get it when it was clearly a management decision.

I don't think players should be booed AT ALL just because they find another job.

That's like booing a waiter who used to work at my favorite restuarant. L0LZ

p.s. I HATE FANZ!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The 'Nucks are my backup canadian team to cheer for. But I'm glad that washington is laying a whipping on them right now. Every Canucks fan I know has been a little too enthusiastic for my liking.

And it was a fugly win for the Oilers last night, but two points are two points. It was a good laugh seeing the game winning goal, though.

G'Oilers!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Every Canucks fan I know has been a little too enthusiastic for my liking.

...the truth comes out.

but yea, more than a few of my buddies got too obnoxious from that 6-0 dealio, so i'm not too bummed on the lose to Washington, aside from the fact...it's Washington. Fedorov looked good, tho.

i still think Roberto is holding up relatively well since getting his shiny new title. perhaps not as well as i'd like, but hey...he's a trooper.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Mike Green has looked awesome for the Caps so far this year.

I was reading on a hockey forum that the Russian player that died tonight had collided with Jagr and took an elbow straight to the heart. That sucks.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I was reading on a hockey forum that the Russian player that died tonight had collided with Jagr and took an elbow straight to the heart. That sucks.

Where did you read that? I saw he was sitting next to Jagr on the bench, but I didn't hear that he got an elbow in.

Campbell not wowing in Chi-Town

As a Sharks fan, I don't have anything against Campbell for leaving. The Sharks picked up a better replacement in Boyle. But I do think he made a boneheaded decision. The Sharks were offering him a chance to play for a contender, make good money, and probably put up huge points considering his supporting cast. Instead he goes to Chicago and will probably struggle for at least 3 seasons as that team grows. Sure, the money is good, but I wouldn't make that same decision.

I just Campbell's decision to make the best decision for himself over some random 'fan' on an internet message board making ignorant judgements when he doesn't have all the facts. Besdies, fans are morons who would boo Wayne Gretzky in a heartbeat if went a game without a point. L0L

Espicially since fans/customers are the rgeedest, most selfish, most evil beings on the planet.

I just Campbell's decision to make the best decision for himself over some random 'fan' on an internet message board making ignorant judgements when he doesn't have all the facts. Besdies, fans are morons who would boo Wayne Gretzky in a heartbeat if went a game without a point. L0L

Espicially since fans/customers are the rgeedest, most selfish, most evil beings on the planet.

Why do you feel the need to personally attack me? It's really uncalled for, I'm just pondering his choice. If you don't want to discuss it in civil manner, you don't have any obligation to post.

Why do you feel the need to personally attack me? It's really uncalled for, I'm just pondering his choice. If you don't want to discuss it in civil manner, you don't have any obligation to post.

Besides Volourn, you probably shouldn't be telling anyone that they "don't have all the facts"

Edited by Krookie

"do you feel the need to personally attack me? It's really uncalled for, I'm just pondering his choice. If you don't want to discuss it in civil manner, you don't have any obligation to post."

I vjust stated my opinion. I just don't think people should be so judgemental over someone switching jobs. That's all he did. Was I a little harsh/ Sure; but so were you when you said he made a 'boneheaded' decision, and absically called him retarded all because he changed jobs. You aren't him nor do you know him. You don't know what the right decision for him is.

"Besides Volourn, you probably shouldn't be telling anyone that they "don't have all the facts""

I have all the facts I need when it comes to hating on fans. A lot more facts than 'fans' have when dissing whoever they're smacking down.

"If you don't want to discuss it in civil manner, you don't have any obligation to post."

I was commenting on your post which I have the right to respond too. Was I super polite? No. But, I wasn't personally attacking you anymore than you personally attack me or that Krookie guy just did. L0L You also have no obligiation to respond to me if my posts hurt your feelings (you have the right to, though).

Anyways, most importantly, Rangers are 5-0. :(

"I trey and selectively buy all the good NHL games (94, 2000, 2004, 2006)."

Then you should buy NHL 08! Best NHL game ever except posisbly 09 (09 has a lot more annoyances though; but cooler features).

Montreal takes it 4-3 over Boston in a shootout that shouldn't have been needed. Boston tied the game with less than a minute left in the third. Ryder fired the puck in around the net and when Price went to play the puck it took a weird bounce off the end boards, ricocheted up and over the back of the net right onto the stick of Savard who buried it before Price could get back in front.

Ducks are 0-4. I know it's early, but does anything think they will struggle to make the playoffs this year? It's hard to imagine given their blue line, but boy they haven't looked very good at all so far. They aren't in an easy division, either.