GTA IV gets a perfect 10 at IGN

Meshugger

It's just the one, but they've said that the downloadable content will be geared toward more co-op missions.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

There are about 5 co-op missions, and about that many versus missions too. There is also good ole freestyle mode, in which you just wander around the entire city causing mayhem. Kor and I had a blast doing this, we traded places driving and riding shotgun. Literally shotgun (actually uzi or pistols). We also crashed a couple helicopters and I ran over Kor in a boat.

Everything is customizable in the multiplayer mode, too, so we could all just team up and take on the po-po.

here were more co-op missions than Hangman?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

GTA IV also gets a perfect 10 for both PS3 and XBOX360 at Gamespot! :(

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gra...=summary;review

As far as I recall, they had only previously given a 10 to Chrono Cross for the PS1.

Ocarina of Time was Gamespot's first 10.

Anyway, I got drunk last night (for real) and decided that wasn't the best way to start the game. And now I have a paper to write, so hopefully tonight I'll get around to playing some.

Why did I have to go and buy that thing less than 2 months before graduation. :wowey:

The Collector's Edition cost $250 in Sweden.. did you guys really pay that much for just one game?

Do they give you a graphics card with that? o:)

It deffinetely wasn't that expensive here.
It was $90 for the CE. That's $30 more than the regular edition. It was a moment of weakness, I regretted it right after I opened it. Still, the key chain is neat.

This is the one I am talking about:

http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=85603

As you can see it costs 1499 SEK, which amounts to $249.941761 in today's exchange rates.

Wow, rip-off Sweden :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No, a 9 means top notch within its genre. You hand out a few 9's every year. You DON'T ever hand out a 10 unless the game is something timeless, near perfect. A 10 is something to strive for, not something to cheapen.

Same thing applies to marking essays.

Ok, as a teacher, that's absolutely ridiculous. Students and parents would lynch me if I had that mentality, and rightly so. If a student turns in a great essay with minimal errors, they get a perfect score. Again, why have the number 10 if it's never used?

I know plenty of teachers who'd disagree with you. Then again, they use a grading system that's got a margin of uncertainty less than 10% (i.e. out of 20 or 100).

You certainly can't just assign the maximum mark to the best student in the class. That makes the grading system relative, which is a very bad idea.

Why is a grading curve bad?

"Sorry little Johnny, even though your paper is pushing boundaries, expanding a genre, and doing many things to a level so far above and beyond your classmates that it overshadows any flaws, I still can't give you an A."

Oh, please. You can still give him an A, just not a perfect score? What if there were some syntax errors throughout the paper? Doesn't necessarily detract from the quality, and you can still receive an A, it's not perfect.

Why is an A not a perfect score?

Assuming you have the standard letter system of A, B, C, D, F would an A not be akin to 5/5? (or 4/4, if you conisder and F to be 0/4)

No, a 9 means top notch within its genre. You hand out a few 9's every year. You DON'T ever hand out a 10 unless the game is something timeless, near perfect. A 10 is something to strive for, not something to cheapen.

Same thing applies to marking essays.

Ok, as a teacher, that's absolutely ridiculous. Students and parents would lynch me if I had that mentality, and rightly so. If a student turns in a great essay with minimal errors, they get a perfect score. Again, why have the number 10 if it's never used?

I know plenty of teachers who'd disagree with you. Then again, they use a grading system that's got a margin of uncertainty less than 10% (i.e. out of 20 or 100).

You certainly can't just assign the maximum mark to the best student in the class. That makes the grading system relative, which is a very bad idea.

Why is a grading curve bad?

Because sometimes the difference in grades is like 40% and 100%, and giving someone like a 25 point curve isn't fair to the person who worked/studied hard for the 100% grade.

We had a staff meeting yesterday where we talked about the fact that there is no such thing as perfection, but there is such thing as excellence. People seem stuck on the idea that 10/10 means perfection despite the fact IGN clearly states it means excellence. It's not healthy to always strive for perfection because it will always lead to disappointment, but excellence is achievable in everyone (whether it's a game designer or a student.)

GTAIV is an excellent game, by the way.

Why do people look at the score anyway? The review points out the bad and the good, and then you can make your own opinion. Don't bother with the score.

EDIT: Oh man, I am late in the conversation... Now to gind out how to delete this post...

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I like bowling.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I hated bowling, pools was pretty decent.

Still, there's that "running people over with a truck"-past time that I found the most preferable.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That's lame!

In many ways, this game feels like a step down from San Andreas. I mean it's fun, and a lot more user friendly than previous installments (love the cabs and the auto-save), but they left many things out. I guess they need some stuff to improve upon in the next PS3 GTA...

That being said,

that bitch Michelle just turned out to be a cop or whatever. And I thought she was a dork... I loved it when that coke dealing woman shot Manny!