M4-78 mod discussion

Hummel, I think the main point here is that it's unfair of you to criticise the mod without playing.

I assume you've also never criticized the President of the United States either, because, IIRC, none of you have ever been President of the United States.

I also assume you've never said anything bad about murderers because you've never murdered anyone yourself.

Am I correct?

No, you've missed the point. You would have been correct if I had said "it's unfair to criticise the mod without making one" and not "without playing one". See the difference?

As for restoration is depends on how you define the term. You could refer to restoration of only what was made, or what was planned. Possibly even somewhere in between. Even the TSLRP adds 'new' material, even though it is a restoration mod, in the form of Kaevee's voice. Why? Because the written dialogue was there, the models were there, the story was there, but the VO's were missing. Therefore to fully restore that particular scene, 'new' voice-overs had to be added, and yet it is still a restoration.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Oh great, so now It's called a mod...... What happened to Restoration? As far as we all have been told this was supposed to be a restoration project, now it has added content not originally available with the game, new written dialog, what next? New force powers? New items? Nude patch?

If this is what this project has become then it has served no purpose at all and I hope to never see the abomination it will be. If I wanted to mod K2 then I would simply go to kotorfiles.com and download all the crap they have stored in there made by fans with no intention of staying as close as possible to the original game.

I just want to remind you guys that this is the TSLRP thread NOT DSTONEYS M4-78 MOD THREAD (surprised a mod didn't catch that) please make your own thread. To Racofer TSLRP is still a restoration project only Dstoney mod is well an add content mod.

P.S. I am still on the fence as whether it is a RP or a content mod but personally I think that to not enough of forethought was done by Obsidian to call it and RP but hey just my opinion.

EDIT: Lol I need to hit refresh more. And Also it is 26-24

Edited by mkg

Thread created to house the M4-78 debate which arose in the TSLRP thread.

Carry on.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

:waves hand: Everything is fine here, you didn't see anything.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

:waves hand: Everything is fine here, you didn't see anything.

Mind tricks don't work on me. Only money.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I downloaded the mod and tried to listen to the audio-files. Aside of Vash, Kreia and Sion, which lines are redone by the modder? Pretty hard to tell actually.

I haven't bothered to play it yet though, too much IRL happening atm.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Please use the other topic when discussing that modification.

This is the M4-78 mod discussion, is it not? :thumbsup:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I can't really comment on what Vash says during the final jedi enclave confrontation, as I didn't bother to play to that scene.

Instead, I loaded a save game in Korriban before entering the training halls, found Vash's data pad where her body used to be and headed to M4-78. The adventure itself on M4-78 is very similar in structure to the puzzle on GoTo's yacht where you had to find program codes and unlock them to access new areas as well as solve a few number puzzles.

I think it was very cool to wonder around on the droid planet, seeing some of the new models and scenery not used in the game. M4-78 adds about two hours of exploration, etertainment and loot to add to KotOR 2.

This mod probably isn't going to be for the OP though. As neat as M4-78 looks, it just isn't as full of encounters and content as other planets are. The areas are quite large and basically involve hiking a LONG way from one spot to another fighting droids so you can meet the next import AI controlling M4-78 and uncover what is going on on the planet.

The 'voice actors'/modder & his friends are pretty... meh. They all sound monotone and like they are... reading of a sheet of paper. One of the AI personalities doesn't even have a filter of any kind like the others, so instead of actually sounding like an AI, it just sounds like a really bored monotone guy reading a piece of paper. The pro is of course, meeting Vash and hearing her cut lines in the game.

The relationship betwen Vash and her padawan is kind odd too. The padawan runs off, and while it is obvious this was intended to happen from Vash's lines, it just doesn't appear to be a big deal and in no way is worth worrying about.

It may sound like I hated it, but I actually really enjoyed exploring what 'could have been', and it is nice to gather extra loot, xp and listen to cut dialogue. :o

I've tested the mod with some warp cheats, what I've saw was simply ... WOW!!! and the mod is not only M4-78 restoration it have also some suprises. Ok, maybe one "Event" didn't happend how it should be, but it suprised me, I don't want to spoil it, and because of another "Event" I don't know what to do next, or what will happen next. With this mod The Sith Lords is a completly new game. Dstoney made a great mod :lol:;):)

The 'voice actors'/modder & his friends are pretty... meh. They all sound monotone and like they are... reading of a sheet of paper. One of the AI personalities doesn't even have a filter of any kind like the others, so instead of actually sounding like an AI, it just sounds like a really bored monotone guy reading a piece of paper. The pro is of course, meeting Vash and hearing her cut lines in the game.

And here's the surprise. The droid you're talking about (IS-24) have VOs recorded by Obsidian!

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

And here's the surprise. The droid you're talking about (IS-24) have VOs recorded by Obsidian!

Fifty bucks say it's a placeholder.

20795.jpg

Yeah; the voices start sounding very "off" if not properly altered. An example in an unmodded Kotor2 would be taking G0-T0 to dantooine to the fake Holocron seller than ask wheter "Powerful and (forgot), isn't that an exagoration". The following line is VERY different from each of his other voice-lines in the game.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

yes i am currently tring to get a hold of all the cut content that never made it into the game, if anyone has a link id really appriciate it

Well, everything is hard. the the major sites would be:

http://www.team-gizka.org/wip.html

&

http://www.deadlystream.com/

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee