What are you playing now?

Gorth

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law

If you read the reviews, you'll get a good idea. It's pretty short and it's just like a few short episodes of the series. The game mechanics are lacking. As a Phoenix Wright clone it cuts through much of what Phoenix Wright has going for it in that regard.

I like it, but can't recommend it to anyone but fans. And even they might get surprised by how much little it actually plays.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law case 3 was very good. Case 4 just caused me to nearly fall out of my chair.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

The main problem in this game is the control. The PSP's thumb stick isn't very good. Other than that, it's awesome. But because of the thumb stick, I usually trade off to a different character to avoid having to sneak as Snake.

Tried and failed to play Thief. Apparently the game no longer works with Geforce 7 cards, unless you are willing to roll back the drivers. :sorcerer:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Reminds me trying to play SS2 some time ago :sad:

Btw guys, is that game now "free hunt"? I haven't had it on CD since, well, ever ( :sorcerer: ) and finding one is pain in the ass. I thought SS2 is one of those games that's "okay" to download nowadays.

(besides I'm not very willing to use money on something that may not even work with XP!)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's not legal to download commercial games, even if they're no longer available.

Heja Sverige!!

I ment haven't rights to SS2 "expired"?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

No. And they won't, unless EA decides to offer SS2 for free.

Heja Sverige!!

Forgot about that...

Oh well, guess I'll have to do... somethingies :sorcerer:

It's not legal to download commercial games, even if they're no longer available.

That's not true, quite a few games have been released as Freeware that used to be commercial titles. Lately some fairly recent games have been released for free download as well, like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and FarCry (albeit with advertisements built in.) Some games are even re-worked by fans to make them playable on todays systems, like SCUMM and the Sierra adventure games.

In fact I'm surprised that more publishers don't release old titles for free download, it would give them a good idea about what properties still have enough interest to warrant a new version.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I remember in here (maybe year or something ago) talk on this subject and I got the picture it was currently "ok" to get the game. Too bad EA covered the license :sad:

Another news on unsuccesful hunt for games:

It looks like there's no way to acquire physical copy of VtM: Bloodlines.

*sigh*

It looks like there's no way to acquire physical copy of VtM: Bloodlines.

*sigh*

It is available on Steam, however. Maybe not in your region.

It is. But I absolutely want physical copy of it, with gamebox & all :/

I tried to order it about two or so months ago from biggest finnish gaming site. Their stock was empty. Ultimately they contacted whatever place that manufactures the copies. Non left. Nice.

That's not true, quite a few games have been released as Freeware that used to be commercial titles. Lately some fairly recent games have been released for free download as well, like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and FarCry (albeit with advertisements built in.) Some games are even re-worked by fans to make them playable on todays systems, like SCUMM and the Sierra adventure games.

In fact I'm surprised that more publishers don't release old titles for free download, it would give them a good idea about what properties still have enough interest to warrant a new version.

I know. :)

Note the following quote of mine in reply to Xard's questions.

No. And they won't, unless EA decides to offer SS2 for free.

Heja Sverige!!

Been kicking butt at Super Stardust HD. Just unlocked hard mode.

I just completed runs of both The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. I have to say, I really much preferred TLJ over Dreamfall. Dreamfall feels like a long episodic game because it really only wraps up maybe one plot line out of a half dozen. As I'm going through the last couple chapters, I'm constantly thinking, "They can't be ending it here."

Still kingdom hearts 2 (and wow, always wow...)

anywho I learned an interesting factoid, the voice for Sephiroth in KH2 is Lance Bass formerly of N'Sync.

He's really good at it too.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Baldur's Gate 2. I have a mod to beta test.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester