Mass Effect

Bokishi

I'm so distraught right now. I had to choose between saving Ashley, or saving Carth. It was a tough choice, but in the end I decided to save Ashley, because she was closer and she was a girl. But it was by no means an easy decision. I stuck with it though, and saved Ashely. The crew took it hard, but none of them took it as hard as me. I mean, he wasn't just a soldier, Carth was my friend dammit! I mean, sure, I never took him off the ship, but I assume there was a deep backstory between us. So I spent some time on the Normandy to grieve. I couldn't bring myself to talk to Ashely for a while, because it only reminded me of the choice I made. I loved Ashely though, so when the time was right, I decided to speak to her. However, when I was on my way over, Liara and Ash both confronted me. They wanted me to choose between the two of them. I couldn't believe it, first, I had to choose between Ash and Carth, and now they expected me to make another choice? I couldn't handle it, so I broke down and cried. As they both tried to console me, and argue with eachother, I inocently offered the idea of a threesome. Why must we fight like this? You both love me, and I love both of you. Couldn't you just see past your differences? Aparently not, and I ended up offending Ashley. I knew it was a mistake. I should have just saved Carth. HE would have had a threesome with me.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Wow, that's surprising because that alien chick will sleep with anything. I mean, I killed her mom and basically ignored her, and she still was all over me. It taught me a lot about women, actually. My new pick up line is "Hey, I used my big gun on your mom. Wanna see it?"

I assume she'll still do me, I just stopped playing after the point in the game that I mentioned, and haven't had a chance to continue playing.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I assume she'll still do me, I just stopped playing after the point in the game that I mentioned, and haven't had a chance to continue playing.

Nah, you screwed up big. Liara might still give you a chance (107 years without sex has its effects on the libido).

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

So I finished the game last Sunday, as the biotic/fighter class. Sentinal? Anyway, I was only level 33, and probably had less than 20 hours invested. So I started a new game as an Adept, and I'm trying to do EVERYTHING. I might go out and buy a game guide just to be sure. I'm really getting sick of visiting planets on the Mako though.

Going around gathering minerals and crap is unnescessary anyway, all you get is a "collection complete" in the journal and nothing else. I ended on level 49 on my first playthrough, I dont know exactly but it took atleast 70 hours. I hate replaying story-heavy games so I try to do EVERYTHING on the first run.

Oh, and ME is the best RPG Ive ver played, and it places high on the shooter list aswell, the combat is much more fun than Halo3 for instance.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Going around gathering minerals and crap is unnescessary anyway, all you get is a "collection complete" in the journal and nothing else. I ended on level 49 on my first playthrough, I dont know exactly but it took atleast 70 hours. I hate replaying story-heavy games so I try to do EVERYTHING on the first run.

Oh, and ME is the best RPG Ive ver played, and it places high on the shooter list aswell, the combat is much more fun than Halo3 for instance.

apparently the achievements is all the rage 'mongst the console gaming community. am not understanding, but a significant % o' posts on the me boards is queries 'bout attaining various achievements.

searching for mineral not only provides for lots o' 1007 at higher levels, but if you want various achievements such as ally and completion, the goose chase quests is almost compulsory... particularly the ally stuff. gotta get something close to 48 assignments with party member X present, and there is a bunch o' quests (including the goose chase ones) that is (or can be) completed sans party members.

am not sure why anybody gives a damn 'bout silly achievements, but...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

apparently the achievements is all the rage 'mongst the console gaming community. am not understanding, but a significant % o' posts on the me boards is queries 'bout attaining various achievements.

searching for mineral not only provides for lots o' 1007 at higher levels, but if you want various achievements such as ally and completion, the goose chase quests is almost compulsory... particularly the ally stuff. gotta get something close to 48 assignments with party member X present, and there is a bunch o' quests (including the goose chase ones) that is (or can be) completed sans party members.

am not sure why anybody gives a damn 'bout silly achievements, but...

HA! Good Fun!

They're fun.

The fun thing is that you get no achievements for the gathering quests, and you can get all the other achievements without doing them. Sure, you get a small amount of Xp and some credits(atleast for the minerals) but the boredom isnt worth it. And achievements are kind of *** anyway, you cant do anything with them

...ok, well.. some of them unlock really sweet stuff like how making 1,000,000 credits gives you access to the Spectre weapons. Which is also *** since you shouldnt have to work to play. Ive paid good money for the a game, I dont want to have to play it a gazillion tims and find every hidden generic token in order to access all the features.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

you shouldnt have to work to play.

Yeah, you should just be able to start the game at level 50. This "leveling up" **** is just a waste of time. When I pay good money for a game, I ought to be able to just go straight to the last level, none of this "play through the whole game" bull****.

you shouldnt have to work to play.

Yeah, you should just be able to start the game at level 50. This "leveling up" **** is just a waste of time. When I pay good money for a game, I ought to be able to just go straight to the last level, none of this "play through the whole game" bull****.

Shurt yer face, poo-head. I was talking about this annoying "collect all the tokens" thing that all console games have now. From cog tags in Gears of War to minerals/discs/medals/whatever in ME. It's boring. And if the game has cool stuff like extra equipment only accessible through grinding, thats even worse.

Yeah, I've come to hate everything about the Mako. I hate climbing mountins with it. I hate driving it, especially sometimes when I try to drive backwards away from enemies and it does this turnaround that and I sit there for a minutes trying to turn around while I get shot by rockets. OH yeah, I loathe combat in the Mako. I hate it with a super passion. There are two ways combat can work with the Mako. The first way is to act in a way that the name implies, and circle and keep moving around your target, while shooting your guns and heavy artillery cannons, like a real shark. This is the way that works the best. Unfortunetely, and I assume I'm not the only one here, but me having to do that is like me going to a party and picking up women. Sure, I'll get in one or two lucky shots, but at the end of the night, I'm going to strike out, and be all alone. Except, in Mass Effect, at the end of the night after you've struck out and not hit anything, you're not all alone, you're surrounded by roocket troopers and Geth Armetures. So really, the analogy doesn't make any sense and you die.

The second way is to stay stationary while you aim and shoot. Unfortunetely what inevitabaly happens is that by the time you manage to fire off a round or two from your heavy artillery, you end up having sustained a ridiculous ammount of damage and are forced to retreat over the mountainside and heal, all the while the emasculating shame of running away from a few Geth while Ashley decides she could never be with a sissy like you and starts making out with Carth right in front of you, eats away at you, initially only inflicting one wound leaving you to flail around in your own blood and entrails until you are too weak to fight back, like a shark. Like a Mako shark. So you continue to shoot cover and heal over and over again, each time allowing the enemies sheilds to regenerate only prolonging the torture. Sometimes you'll get fed up and just ram into them, and that works sometimes. But sometimes like when you're surrounded by three armetures, four rocket turrets, and seven geth soldiers, it doesn't work.

I use tank tactics with the Mako, I engange the enemy from extreme range with my main gun while keeping as much terrain between them and me as possible, jumping over rockets and crap. Its not the fun way to do it, but its the only effective way. You have to have really awesome aim to be able to hit things while moving, especially at close range.

While there are games that do it better, ME does have good vehicle control when you compare it to other games. Its just the the fact that you cant aim the turret indpendantly of where you're going that ruins it. I tried strafing out Trasher Maws and stuff, but since forward is wherever the gun is pointing, the Mako ends upp all over the place.

best mako tactic is silly & stoopid.

bounce.

thresher maws and armatures and gun turrets all has slow reload times on their ranged attacks, and the mako can bounce. as enemy rocket, blast, or acid splash comes at mako, bounce. time jump right and you can jump over any incoming shot and then return fire with cannon or machine gun... or both.

is stoopid.

even more stoopid: gets thresher maws or armatures down to a sliver o' life with tank, then get out o' mako and kills with your pistol... triple the xp as a kill from within tank.

huh?

much as with kotor, we enjoyed me in spite of serious flaes. mako were, in virtual all ways, a flaw. first time you fly of of edge o' a mountain and mako takes no damage save for front right tire (what is it with that wheel anyways?) is kinda kewl... if silly. beyond that first moment o' nifty indestructableness, mako sucks.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

shooting your guns and heavy artillery cannons, like a real shark.

yeah, you wouldn't believe how hazardous scuba diving can be once those makos start firing their heavy artillery cannons.

the mako was fun most of the time, until you hit a patch of serious combat: then it was just frustrating. they could have made more of the exploration, though: some of the planets were distinctive enough to be interesting and occassionally you'd hit upon an interesting side-quest but most of the time it was <prospect mineral x> plus <recover artifact y>

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

So yeah, they deffinetely added a lot of stuff to the labs on Noveria the second playthrough.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried "Bring Down the Sky" yet?

I watched some vids... and there was a reasonable batarian! Didn't expect that.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's sort of like the Moon mission. There are a LOT of turrets (about a level and a half's worth) around 3 slightly altered "hangar" buildings that you'd see on most other sidequests. But there's also a unique building and the presentation of a binary choice at the end.

If you're big on XBL achievements, it adds about 3 or so assignments to the game, which should make it easier to attain companion achievements without getting lucky with collection quests.

Here I was hoping for a new sidequest building... or at least an original location for combat, like the main quest planets.

Re-using the same buildings over and over is annoying. They could at least have added a third one.