Well not quite KotOR MMORPG verified but...

I never heard someone from Bioware say that they weren't interested in doing other companies single player IP games anymore. They said they wouldn't do any games from outside-IPs. Sure, at that point they only produced single player games, but that still can't lead you to the conclusion that it was meant only for single player games.

The only fact in that point is that they once said that they wouldn't use IP from someone else, everything else is just speculation.

Yet another leap in logic. Bio has had MMO under work (prolly just in preproduction tho' ) for years.

Only IP's deal/promise was exactly that. Now we see how much we can trust Bio's word. Still, can't said their IP's have been dramatically original to this date either... what a let down. Maybe DA changes that.

ROFLMAO!

So your logic on topic is disbeleive Biowares word and form your own opinion ignoring the facts???

LOL, WOW, thats all I can really say about that.

I now understand why you and Tale and others think so steadily its K3.

Hell why stop at K3? Maybe Bioware and LA making a animated SW7 movie and not a game at all. I mean if were going to toss all the info away and just make **** up

What the hell are you talking about?

I never said that I expect this to be KOTOR III, if anything I expect the opposite.

I was merely pointing out a flaw in your logic. If you present an assumption as a fact, it isn't my fault.

The FACT is: Bioware once said they wouldn't use the IP of someone else for future games.

Everything else is just an assumption on your part, they never said a word about single player or MMOs. Unless you can come up with an actual quote or other proof of MMOs not counting, all you can do is make an assumption.

Maybe you should try and check out what th word "fact" means...

Edited by Dark Wastl

Are you talking to me or...? :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Funny thing is, Bioware is indeed working on a singleplayer game that's someone else's IP. That is, as one could say, a FACT. So, the whole notion that singleplayer is exclusively the area where that statement stood is right out the window. The statement has little ground to stand on at all.

It seems that the OP is constantly making up things to support his conclusion. First he claimed that a new forum was created on the day of the announcement. Well, there's no new forum, but there is a MMO listing under games which is not all that new. It goes back to 2006 when Bioware announced they were opening an MMO studio. Then he starts attributing Bioware's "original IP" statement to single player only, which is not only a bad interpretation because of baseless assumption, but it is a bad interpretation because they're working on a Sonic RPG already, it's an interpretation completely voided by fact.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Another thing: The MMO business hasn't even started recovering from WoW, so either this MMO is going to comeout in years, or they've decided to throw money out the door, thinking they could beat WoW.

Competition is good for the consumer's pocketbook

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

"Fact: Bioware not interested in doing other companies single player IP games anymore"

Bioware isn't interested in other IP's, true.

EA, on the other, feeds off other IP's. They suck the blood out of them until nothing is left.

We're screwed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Fact: Bioware not interested in doing other companies single player IP games anymore"

Bioware isn't interested in other IP's, true.

EA, on the other, feeds off other IP's. They suck the blood out of them until nothing is left.

We're screwed.

That is true when they buy other companies also.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

"Bioware isn't interested in other IP's, true."

FICTION.

Actually, that's fact.

BioWare actually stated shortly after they released the first KOTOR that they were no longer interested in developing licensed properties. Hence, Obs developed K2 and Bio developed to IP's of their own: JE and now ME. However, they didn't say anything about developing an MMO based on a licensed title of some sort.

But you never know. Things change and it was kind of dumb for Bio to make such a proclamation. You never know how the business market is going to be. Especially the video game market.

"Actually, that's fact."

No, it's FICTION. Don't try to argue this as you'll just emabrass yourself.

CODE WORDS: Sonic RPG.

Remember when K2 was first announced about four years ago? Remember the reason BioWare gave for not wanting to develop it themselves?

"Actually, that's fact."

No, it's FICTION. Don't try to argue this as you'll just emabrass yourself.

CODE WORDS: Sonic RPG.

Remember when K2 was first announced about four years ago? Remember the reason BioWare gave for not wanting to develop it themselves?

What's true at the time isn't necessary true four years down the line. Especially with a behemoth like WoW around. I have absolutely no evidence to back any of my conjecture up, of course, but I'd be hard-pressed to believe that every design house out there that has even the theoretical capability to produce an MMO isn't wistfully eyeing Blizzard's profits and going, "You know, if we could do that..."

Nevermind the fact that they can't. WoW's...well, WoW's like Titanic. I don't think anyone can reasonably claim to understand its popularity - and I say that having played it for two years.

There's really only so many things that LucasArts' involvement with Bioware in a new title could herald, and it's pretty unlikely that they turned to Bioware for something Indiana Jones-related. Given that as of January 2008 Bioware's going to be owned by one of the most notoriously profit-hungry slash-and-burn developers/publishers out there, and one that notably does not have a competitive entry in the MMO market, I'd say there's a very good chance we're going to see some sort of Star Wars MMO. Galaxies loses the license in 2009ish, I think, anyway, and it'll probably be shut down long before then.

As for setting, the KotOR era makes the most sense. If Galaxies proved one thing, it's that damn near everybody wants to play a Mary Sue/Gary Stu Jedi/Sith, and the craptacularity that comprises post-original trilogy Expanded Universe pretty much rules it out as a likely setting. I don't think anybody except the fanfic authors that somehow get their drivel through Lucas Licensing wants to touch all the, "Oh, the Emperor's been resurrected! Oh, ninety-eight different key characters cloned themselves and are back - AND EVIL NOW!" BS that the post-OT era is.

KotOR-era settings are relatively untouched and let you throw around hundreds upon hundreds of Jedi, and the whole True-Sith-beyond-known-space McGuffin can keep it going indefinitely.

So I'm not going to be terribly surprised when Obiwanzorz hits up Dantooine to visit Visas Marr, the Jedi Sentinel trainer in a few years.

"Remember when K2 was first announced about four years ago? Remember the reason BioWare gave for not wanting to develop it themselves?"

CODE WORDS: Sonic RPG

Its a console game, and a hand held at that. Who gives a crap about that? If they do someone's elses IP for the PC then you have ground to stand on, Volourn.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"Remember when K2 was first announced about four years ago? Remember the reason BioWare gave for not wanting to develop it themselves?"

Its a console game, and a hand held at that. Who gives a crap about that? If they do someone's elses IP for the PC then you have ground to stand on, Volourn.

What ground do you have to stand on? Their last two games and their most recent upcoming game are all console games.

"Its a console game, and a hand held at that. Who gives a crap about that? If they do someone's elses IP for the PC then you have ground to stand on, Volourn."

Irrelevant to the convo. At least follow the thread before spouting off. Someone claimed that BIO had no interest in others' IPs. That is a myth. I pointed it out. What you posted is irrelevant.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I would also like to point out that 50 million Nintendo DS's have been sold, to be compared to 13 million Xbox 360s. So, there's ready potential for more people to care about Sonic RPG than Mass Effect.

K.

But Bio still said they were not interested in developing any licensed IP's at the time. Doesn't mean that's the case today or even last year. That was the case four years ago.

I would also like to point out that 50 million Nintendo DS's have been sold, to be compared to 13 million Xbox 360s. So, there's ready potential for more people to care about Sonic RPG than Mass Effect.

Holy ****, are you serious?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

But yet you did not have the fore sight to elaborate on the differences between The KOTOR & KOTOR 2: Sith Lords, before I stated my personal explanations. Stating the differences between the games story line & the Era in which it happened. Further the OLD REPUBLIC Era could easily be set at anytime before, Order 66. No, the only thing OBVIOUS here is that you think by stating a criticism against my personal

observations are going to make you seem more superior to I. Which is evident by the fact that you would arrogantly try to use a CLICHE against me. That is always uttered by fools that think the OBVIOUS has no importance at all. When in fact it is the most & powerful importance in creation. It is the foundation that holds the Universe,The Galaxies, the Suns of Creation & You & Your world You & your mind set Have corrupted with that arrogant I claim you to possess.[/color] :brows:

I was wrong to criticize you :shifty:

not

And that ladies and gents, is what happens when a Level 1 Prestidigitator messes with an Arch-Mage.

manthing2.jpg

Feel the embracing warmth on the bosom of the Obsidz regulars!

Not.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds