The Witcher

ramza

OMG OMG OMG.

It's probably not going to end up that good, but I have a feeling it will be worth playing. I wonder if I can get a hold of it anytime in the next month, though. I'll look around.

This game makes Neverwinter Nights 2 look like Ultima 3 aesthetically. The graphics and movement thus far...will blow your hair back. I'm not deep enough into the game yet but so far it's wholly immersive on a level I've yet to experience before. These modelers and animators...well I'll just say they aren't working for animal crackers. These guys are cream of the crop.

I'll wait till I'll hear a regular's take on the game. I don't like these possible supplants from other fora.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Seriously, didn't anyone buy it yet? Do I have to download it ILLEGALLY or something to be able to find out if it's good or not?!

Don't make a criminal out of me, buy the damn game!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've bought it. I just have yet to receive it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Which means you will post humorous anecdotes of digitalized boobs, substance abuse and overdone hack'n'slash soon enough?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Avast! I'll keep drooling for it.

kirottu said:

Day 6: Still not arrived.

Anyone have experience with USUK mail?

Day 6: Still not arrived.

Anyone have experience with USUK mail?

I don't know if UKOZ mail is comparable, but that is anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If Tale is lucky, 7 working days.

If Tale is not lucky, a month.

If Tale killed a baby in his past life, Lost and Not Found Despite Many Frustrating Calls To Post Office.

This just smells like another Gothic to me, in my exprience, eastern european RPG's are made bad on purpouse. Divinte divinity, Kult etc.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I wish you didnt have a time limit on edits, but anyways, the paper I read has a VERY positive review of the witcher. So it could be good

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This just smells like another Gothic to me, in my exprience, eastern european RPG's are made bad on purpouse. Divinte divinity, Kult etc.

Divine Divinity wasn't made by an eastern European developer (Larian is Belgian), and therefore wasn't bad.

Alright then, the first and final parts were bad, but everything in between was good.

If Tale is lucky, 7 working days.
That would be tomorrow. Today is day 7, but the post doesn't work on Sundays, so tomorrow would be the 7th working day for them.

If Tale killed a baby in his past life, Lost and Not Found Despite Many Frustrating Calls To Post Office.
Ahhh, FU--- wait, past life?

Hivemind, I was just about to say Tale's absolutely screwed if killing babies in your last life already brings problems.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

How's the writing quality of TW? I somewhere read a line "...suck dwarf ****"... I mean, that's not the sort of dialog I want to have in an RPG, nor actually expecting from a medieval fantasy setting. Unless it's something like Gothic where everyone responds like a pissed off brat, I expect a certain standard.

Edited by Morgoth

Well, my money goes to Gears of War (PC), Call of Duty 4 and Crysis this month.

I have to say that it's easy to endure the load times because this game is a great exception to that minor flaw. Honestly, besides MOTB (And I'm not just saying that because I'm on Obsidian's website :brows: )The Witcher is easily one of the best RPGs I've played in a while. With the great atmosphere, intriguing story, loads of quests, length in campaign, decent enough graphics for today's standards, great voice-acting, and different style of combat, easily make this a great game overall. Without a question, this is a game that I'll be spending quite a bit of time with during the oncoming months ahead.

Oh, and I heard that the developers were working on the load times right now with taking way some automatic auto-saves all the time and then moving onto improving the actual loading length, but to be truthful, my longest loading time was around 15 seconds and to me, that's not terrible at all.

Edited by SadExchange

Well, to be honest, BG 2 had loading screens coming up constantly, and it didn't really hamper the sense of exploration.

Heh, I hope somebody throws a fit over that comparison.

kirottu said: