The Witcher

ramza

People on the Codex say the game is full of bugs. I really hope this will be fixed in the near future...

Here's a nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7q7ZWStb0w

and a comic strip:

Thats not surprising, they took a VERY outdated engine and gutted it even more so then FrankK the Kommander and others did to nwn2. Trying to build all modern FX around that caused the same issues OEI ran into just more so since they reused even less of the original code.

I think it would have been better for them, considering all the time it took them to get this game gold anyways, to just re-write the thing from line 1. One could have written a game from scratch the time it took them to re-write most of the aurora code.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

The loading times is a real killer for me. I just can't stand waiting for 30 seconds every time I decide I want to enter a house of one room. I'm guessing The Witcher has plenty of those moments too..

GOTHIC I LOVE YOUUU

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It is AWESOME!!!!!.

Now how come it is awesome you ask.

1. The combat works pretty well and it flows very very well.

2. The Choices and Consequences very VERY well made.

3. Every thing makes sens.

4. Codex Loves it.

Now over all it is a great game that is well made and that more people should try.

Now there are some small issues, but nothing game killer if people are interested i will answer questions if needed.

It is AWESOME!!!!!.

4. Codex Loves it.

Now over all it is a great game that is well made and that more people should try.

Now there are some small issues, but nothing game killer if people are interested i will answer questions if needed.

First off.

Controls. Can you walk around doing wsad? or are you pretty much cornered into using the mouse.

And second what are these small issues you speak of.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

2. Elaborate

Bhuh?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It is AWESOME!!!!!.

4. Codex Loves it.

First off.

Controls. Can you walk around doing wsad? or are you pretty much cornered into using the mouse.

And second what are these small issues you speak of.

A behind the back game that uses point to move? How much brain damage would a dev team have to have to even consider forcing that as the sole option?

I haven't even played it and I would bet my first born you can use WASD for movement.

I have a question about the game, though. Is it a text adventure?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

wait wait wait, Tale has kids?

run to the hillz :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

How are the loading times? How often does it load? Does it feel like you're constantly walking in corridors even when you're supposed to be in a forest?

I don't dare buy this until someone writes a decent review that convinces me it's what I want. Although I AM a bit RPG starved at the moment..

theslug

You can do both Isometric and Over the shoulder you can decide for your self.

When it is over the shoulder you can use wasd i do not know a lot about Isometric because i have only played in over the shoulder so far.

So you can use your standard Click style or WASD both.

Xard.

2. It is very simple really.

You you diced to do one thing some quest are unavailable and some NPC will die. Every choice has a consequence in one way or another and i mean it latterly.

Say i save some one then a few acts latter he can become your enamy or he kills a important NPC.

Hell i had to bail some one out of jail because i helped a specific group 1 act Back.

3.In that you are a Witcher a monster hunter there for you are doing a lot of Monster hunting...for money.

The quests all make sens in one way or another there is always more behind them then Go to Point A kill Creature B return to NPC 3 and cash in.

In one Quest i had to get some Ghouls blood for a alchemist, well it was not that simple first i needed to find out where i could find ghouls, and how to "harvest there blood" and i hade a few options.

A. Buy a book with all the info i needed and even some info for creatures i did not need. (Expensive option)

B. Find people willing to tell me and there are options with in this one

B1. I could get a guy to tell me for a bit of cash (A bit less expensive)

B2. Do a job for him so that he would tell me.

B3. Get him drunk and hope he tells me what i need.

And that is how a simple quest can work and then there are still more options.

The sex part is not women throwing their unterpanties at you at every step it is you Seducing, Saving or they have need of your for something so it all makes sens in one way or another.

So in all Every thing makes sens in one way or another there are no HUGE plot holes or problems.

mkreku

A bit to long, but not Gothic 3 Long.

Enough to be Annoying not enough to ruin the game because the rest is Pure awesome.

And it's got Dice Poker and that is Awesome.

Hmh, sounds rather interesting :)

I might eventually pick this game up

Uhh, actually, it's just Action RPG with pre-generated character. Click click click.

But for such this sounds interesting, even though whole "darkness and 'maturity'" for its sake is downright silly.

I don't understand this answer. When I play Gothic 3 it has NO loading times..? I don't care if the game takes a week to start up (or when you reload a save), I just don't want to be constantly interrupted when I'm playing because I want to go in and out of a building. I am talking about in-game loading times, of which Gothic 3 (and Gothic 2.. and Gothic) has none. How about The Witcher?

Funny bug ;)

post-727-1193644832_thumb.jpg

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

"Action Rpg is a fancy word for Hack and slash and their is a lot more to this game then that.

It is a True CRPG with Action Elements."

It's an Action RPG because it combines role-playing with action/real time combat ala the Gothics, JE, ME, and BL.

The games you speak of our known as Action games.

"When I play Gothic 3 it has NO loading times..?"

Sure, it does. It may not have loadings creens; but it surely has loading times. You can easily tell this when the game pauses to load another section of a map.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Funny bug :yes:

That has to be an easter egg. Too funny for a mere bug :lol:

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't understand this answer. When I play Gothic 3 it has NO loading times..? I don't care if the game takes a week to start up (or when you reload a save), I just don't want to be constantly interrupted when I'm playing because I want to go in and out of a building. I am talking about in-game loading times, of which Gothic 3 (and Gothic 2.. and Gothic) has none. How about The Witcher?

To be incredibly annoying and blunt, Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 have loading times. Sieged Valley of Mines, Orc Graveyard, The Island, etc.

Not that they matter in the least though, since everything else is streamed and exist in a continuum.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I don't know....a week is a pretty long time...