What you did today, part gazillion

Walsingham

Yeah so the last two jui jitsu classes I've taken after rolling around with some people in matches my head has been in excruciating pain to the point where I can't continue. After looking through endless amounts of 30 seconds of webmd my first assumption of having a brain aneurysm has been confirmed. I mean at first I was joking then I was like well it's most likely that I'm not conditioned in cardio at all and I used to have asthma as a child and I have horrible sinus's and allergies and I just wasn't getting enough air but nope. It's an aneurysm so when I go tomorrow for 2 hours I probably won't return back here ever again becuase I'll either die or go into a coma. :'(

god i h8 my life

//_-

Dont rule out brain cancer, its the silent killer.

I went to a rehearsal for a wedding, since I'm managing all audiovisual equipment and proceedings. Pretty nice small place with classy stuff, though they're doing it small with less than 50 people and the actual ceremony is only half an hour.

Audiovisual equipment for a wedding? I can understand the audio stuff (background music, mic for the officiant, etc.), but what kind of visual equipment is of use for a wedding ceremony? Are they reading the vows off powerpoint slides or something? Jumbotron for the cheap seats in the back?

By the way, as someone who is currently planning a wedding (or, more accurately, regularly getting berated by his fiancee for not helping enough in planning a wedding), no ceremony should be more than a half-hour. It's nice for pictures, and to give Grandma an appropriate opportunity to get all misty, but for 98% of the guests, the ceremony is just sitting in uncomfortable chairs/benches/pews wondering when the ****tail hour begins.

What should I ask people for for Christmas? Uranium or a Chemistry Set?

Of course, the set might be more useful. On the other hand, real men own Uranium. Just imagine going up to a chick in a bar and saying "hey babe, I own Uranium." You'd have to beat them off with a stick.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If they're going to video the ceremony, then there is some lighting prep and whatnot to do. As someone who has sold a lot of wedding photography (in one of my incarnations at least) I have to say that short ceremonies with long receptions are generally the way to go. As someone who has served as best man for three weddings, I have to say that short ceremonies with an open bar is ALWAYS the way to go.

BTW: Got to the tiny Norfolk airport 2 1/2 hours early on Tuesday and was seated next to Glutton McPorkchop for the last leg of the trip. The guy acted like he was going to vomit the first half hour of the flight. I was forced to remove the pillow and blanket from the little baggie just in case he needed a barfbag really quickly. I knew I should have upgraded my ticket.

I'm just glad I didn't spark up a conversation about the book I was reading in which the entire world lost power and airplanes fell out of the sky.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

What should I ask people for for Christmas? Uranium or a Chemistry Set?

Of course, the set might be more useful. On the other hand, real men own Uranium. Just imagine going up to a chick in a bar and saying "hey babe, I own Uranium." You'd have to beat them off with a stick.

You'd have to be into bald women though. Bald women with bleeding gums.

Assuming you're gradually poisoning them. Health and safety's for chumps. No man handles Uranium wearing marigolds, a real man takes Uranium by the bare hand, shows it who's boss!

I can't buy Uranium that dangerous! Only stuff I can buy is okay to handle with your bare hands. Just don't wear it or handle it for extensive periods of time. Also make sure to wash your hands after handling to ensure you don't digest or inhale flakes.

I can't buy Uranium that dangerous! Only stuff I can buy is okay to handle with your bare hands. Just don't wear it or handle it for extensive periods of time. Also make sure to wash your hands after handling to ensure you don't digest or inhale flakes.

Oh, so you mean it would only be capable of being made into a dirty bomb? Good idea telling the internets.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh, so you mean it would only be capable of being made into a dirty bomb? Good idea telling the internets.

What a perfectly good waste of Uranium! It's not easy to come by. Heck, they're out of stock of the good stuff right now: http://www.unitednuclear.com/ultra.htm

I wouldn't want to have to be uranium-less for long!

Edited by Tale

Fair enough. Have you considered acting as a peace-minded broker to the Iranians? You could offer to smack them with a rolled up newspaper if they developed nukes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Fair enough. Have you considered acting as a peace-minded broker to the Iranians? You could offer to smack them with a rolled up newspaper if they developed nukes.

Iranian, Uranium... coincidence?

I don't think the US would go for it. But, maybe it'd be worth a shot. After all, I fully support the god given right to fuse.

Edited by Tale

My friend just said that he bought the Orange Box.

Uh, buh-bye weekend, see you approaching deadlines...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm thinking about resurecting Atomic Danger Squad. Like, Atomic Danger Squad Ultimate or something. New Atomic Danger Squad. Hahahaaha, NADS.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm thinking about resurecting Atomic Danger Squad. Like, Atomic Danger Squad Ultimate or something. New Atomic Danger Squad. Hahahaaha, NADS.

Oh my goodness, I'm busting a gut. Lord, that was funny. hahahahaha

This morning, I'm sitting here laughing at Pixies comment.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ultimate Danger Squad has a nice ring to it. So has NADS.

I don't have to die in the 36th comic, right? Even as I'm blue.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

We'll only kill off the new characters. Like Tale.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

We'll only kill off the new characters. Like Tale.

Will I get to take out someone important with me?

The Flying Menace, a recurring villain, should he ever decide to resurface.

Also, we'll get new suits, right?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Most Def. I'm thinking a silky little number, something slinky.

Yesterday was one of those days best torn out of the calendar and just forgotten.

It started bad enough, receiveing the resignation of a consultant. Tough luck, those guys don't hang on trees. Then I got the farewell email from a developer that I had to give the boot, as he was just not good enough. Yay, thats a part of my job that makes me feel melancholy. To top it off, I killed one or more little ducklings driving home. Mama duck and her retinue had decided to cross the highway in the early evening, during one of the rare south australian rainy days... the last thing I saw in my rear view mirror was mama duck and surviving siblings looking at flattened duckling(s) with something I could have sworn was a baffled look on their faces... way to go Gorth :sad:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yesterday was one of those days best torn out of the calendar and just forgotten.

It started bad enough, receiveing the resignation of a consultant. Tough luck, those guys don't hang on trees. Then I got the farewell email from a developer that I had to give the boot, as he was just not good enough. Yay, thats a part of my job that makes me feel melancholy. To top it off, I killed one or more little ducklings driving home. Mama duck and her retinue had decided to cross the highway in the early evening, during one of the rare south australian rainy days... the last thing I saw in my rear view mirror was mama duck and surviving siblings looking at flattened duckling(s) with something I could have sworn was a baffled look on their faces... way to go Gorth :sad:

Don't beat yourself up, my Gorthy friend. It sucks, but it happens. I'm actually kind of glad that you feel bad giving someone the ol' heave-ho. It's better to do something distasteful with regret than not to find it distasteful at all.

Obsidian Plays