Mask o' the Betrayer!

Pop

The last time I fought that battle, I DID take Okku with me. I've taken everyone into that battle except Kaelyn. At one time, it think they let you take everyone, but I'm not sure. Of course, at one point you could invite all four NPCs at the same time. Made the game really easy, also.

Unless they've changed it, the game gives you the highest influence person except that love trumps all.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

There's a really simple way to handle suppression. It's very easy. You need never feed on anything if you don't desire. You need not even use eternal rest, although I don't see why you'd want to avoid using eternal rest unless you'd take a hit for good alignment boosts. This isn't even a spoiler. It's just common sense.

If you rely on suppression rather than feeding, you aren't restricted from resting. You need to rest right away. The second you have the full afliction, you need to go into Mulsantir and find an area with a spirit. Say, a frisky little badger. Then you need to make sure Okku is with you. You may even summon a couple of elementals, one from Gann and one from you. Suppress. Rest. Repeat. Very soon, you'll net more from resting than the cost in Spirit Energy. After that, you not only CAN rest, you MUST rest regularly to keep your Spirit Eater bar high. Remember, suppression is a supreme act of will. It is inherently lawful. Taken to its furthest extreme, suppression requires the character to follow a strict regimen of self denial. That's why it is, indeed, harder to be evil in the long run. However, there are a lot of great perks that make up for the difficulty of being evil, just as there are great perks for being good. The easiest short term road is a mix. That's as it should be.

I will say this. Whether I had anything to do with this decision or not, I certainly advocated this most strenuously. I had heated discussions regarding this very issue. I wrote probably one of the longest bug reports in the data base that amounted to extended commentary on this very issue. I was reprimanded regarding that report. I'm going to leave it at that, but I believed then, and I believe now, that the spirt eater mechanic is better the way it is now, which is by and large the way I wanted it. Whether I had even the smallest influence on the decision is debatable. However, I'm glad they did it the way they did. I was just a tester. I don't have a particularly grand view of my input into the process. ...But I will say that I stood my ground on the issue and I stand by that report. I think that the spirit eater mechanic could have made the game more work than fun.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

When I did that battle, it was actually Gann who did all the fighting. My character got killed really quickly (basically the only time in the game). Then resurrected and killed almost immediately again. So Gann had to take down the big bad all by his lonesome. But whatever attacks killed my character, never landed on him. He had to heal himself a lot, but eventually he got the job done.

What I'm saying is that if Gann can do it by himself, a bard and any partner except Safiya (because she will run out of offensive spells before the big bad runs out of heals) should be able to do it.

Does anyone know what title/track etc. of the battle music that plays when you fight the fiends near

Bishop

at the Wall of the Faithless? That track is by far my favorite one from the entire score (which by the way was excellent in toto) and is definitely on par with the Kuldahar theme from IWD1.

manthing2.jpg

Found it. In the NWN2 directory (in the Music_X1 folder, not the regular music folder), it's the track "mus_fuguecombat". Open that baby up with the latest version of VLC or WM player and then try and tell me it's not pure awsomeness.

Also: Wow, "mus_astralplane" is something else as well. I'm gonna have to burn this entire folder to audio CD.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

I wouldn't suggest playing the music tracks in a media player. There have been reports of that mucking up the files, and the game not being able to play them after that.

I'd suggest heading over to the Vault, finding the ole utility (was released for NWN1 I think) that convers .BMU into MP3s and vice versa. I did that with the MotB soundtrack (even tried to place the tracks in chronological order, as best as I could remember them from the game at least :) ). It's a great soundtrack, great mix of ambient and more "melodic" stuff. The percussion for the battle with the Faceless Man is totally appropiate.

EDIT: My first playthrough was using a Bard, and I only brought Gann, Safiya and Kaelyn with me. Playing it like that I thought parts of the game were a really decent challenge. Especially when it turned out that I had Safiya come with me near the ending. It took me a few tries to bring down the Faceless man especially due to the nature of that fight.

Hymn of Requiem is great though, be sure to get that.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah, MP can be erratic, but I hear the latest version (10) shows no probs. Personally, I always use VLC since that plays everything, and also copy the folder to a separate directory (just in case). Could you send me your chronologically sorted list, Starwars? That would be great. :)

manthing2.jpg

Well, I ended up pretty much renaming all the files (since I'm weird like that), and there were a few that I couldn't place (most of them have obvious names). I'll post my 'tracklist' here, maybe someone can use that to pick out the tracks in the NWN2 folder. I'll also probably break the page. :)

1. Mask of the Betrayer theme

2. Opening Lobby

3. Barrow

4. Barrow - Combat

5. Barrow2

6. Barrow2 - Combat

7. Imaskari Ruins

8. Mulsantir Gate

9. Mulsantir

10. Mulsantir - Combat

11. The Veil Theatre

12. Mulsantir - Shadow Plane

13. The Veil Theatre - Shadow Plane

14. Mulsantir Combat - Shadow Plane

15. Approaching the Spirit Army

16. Battle with the Spirit Army

17. The Sloop Tavern

18. Temple of Kelemvor

19. Myrkuls Vault

20. Myrkuls Vault - Combat

21. The Wells of Lurue

22. The Wells of Lurue - Combat

23. The Wells of Lurue - Dreamscape

24. Janiks House

25. Anyas Dreamscape

26. The Lake of Tears Garrison

27. Ashenwood

28. Ashenwood - Combat

29. The Beast of Malar Cave

30. The Burning Grove

31. Imilvale

32. Imilvale - Combat

33. Dreamscape

34. Lakeshore

35. Lakeshore - Combat

36. Lakeshore - Shadow Plane

37. Lakeshore Combat - Shadow Plane

38. The Skein

39. Gudbughach (not sure what this one is, maybe for the hag)

40. The Slumbering Coven

41. The Slumbering Coven - Combat

42. The Slumbering Coven - Dreamscape

43. The Thaymount

44. The Red Wizard Academy

45. The Red Wizard Academy - Combat

46. The Headmistress Quarters

47. The Astral Plane

48. The Founders Sanctum

49. The Fugue Plane - Combat

50. Eternitys End

51. Eternitys End - Kelemvors Temple

52. Crossroad Keep - Dreamscape

53. West Harbor - Dreamscape

54. Dreamscape - Combat

55. Final Battle with Akachi

56. Akachi Defeated

57. Ending - Good

58. Ending - Evil

59. Credits

There are a few of them where I'm not certain, but that's the best I could do.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Regarding the bard/final battle question, I played as a bard/red dragon disciple. I maxxed out RDD to 10 before the game started, so I was a fairly low-level bard. Still, with a spellcaster-heavy party, having less spells wasn't an issues. Inspirations were still useful, though to be honest I didn't really use the songs except in rare cases. That being said, I was able to invest heavily (don't forget RDD gives you Int/Cha bonuses too, and tons of Str - which makes you a very potent melee character) into all the diplomatic skills (I though able learner for intimidate, though it still ended up with me having half the skill level there), with plenty to spare. I was a good speech character, was good in melee (as I mentioned in another thread, I managed to melee myself through most of the game, including the end battle), and with some good backup spells/buffs. Despite having Safiya as my backup, the end battle wasn't difficult.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Bah, I give up asking at the BioWare forums. Maybe Cantousent can help me. How the hell do I get rid of Kaji's summoned pet rabbit, Flopsy? People at BioWare forum don't even seem to know what I'm talking about, but that rabbit is driving me nuts. It's taking up a party spot that I need to conjure battle summons.

So, Cantousent, am I missing a simple behavior tweak on Kaji, or is it Obsidians' evil joke on people who cheat in a couple of gold pieces and up the stats of their puny companions?

Pet Rabbit? I think you've gone insane. You must have.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What the, Flopsy? I've never seen such rabbit, heck, how Kaji can even have familiar remembering he is hominculus - I mean, he IS familiar

Too much shrooms for someone it seems :ermm:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What the, Flopsy? I've never seen such rabbit, heck, how Kaji can even have familiar remembering he is hominculus - I mean, he IS familiar

Too much shrooms for someone it seems :ermm:

Damn, I wish I knew how to post a screenshot. My husband will vouch for the damned rabbit. He's seen it, and he's seen Kaji conjuring it every time it disappears. And it's not a familiar, it's more like a summoned pet.

Edited by ~Di

Kaji can't summon! He's a Rogue!

Wait a second. When you cheated, did you give him a Wizard level? Perhaps unintentionally? Rabbits are on the familiar list.

Edited by Tale

I've been reminded why I rarely post here any more. :ermm:
Because you lack a sense of humor?

Seriously, you mention cheating up some stats. As I asked, is it possible you gave Kaji a level of Wizard? Which would have resulted in him picking up a familiar.

That's what it sounds like you've done. In your cheating up his stats, you ended up giving him a familiar. Maybe you increased his level which may be paired with the Wizard default kit (as he's not supposed to level and would never use his kit anyway), which could reasonably result in him taking a familiar.

Edited by Tale

Seriously, you mention cheating up some stats. As I asked, is it possible you gave Kaji a level of Wizard? Which would have resulted in him picking up a familiar.

Being called insane and implied to be a shroom-eating liar goes a bit beyond my sense of humor, I guess. I haven't touched Kaji. He summoned the rabbit down in the burrow, before I'd even tested the cheat codes. All I've done with Kaji is look at his stats and behaviors, and I might have changed the behaviors on the behavior chart. That's all.

Being called insane and implied to be a shroom-eating liar goes a bit beyond my sense of humor, I guess. I haven't touched Kaji. He summoned the rabbit down in the burrow, before I'd even tested the cheat codes. All I've done with Kaji is look at his stats and behaviors, and I might have changed the behaviors on the behavior chart. That's all.

Try turning him to puppet mode. And abilities off.

Edited by Tale