Mask o' the Betrayer!

Pop

Sorry Di if I offended you, didn't mean to. I just tend to give comments like that all the time without really thinking about it.

That said, are you sure it is Kaji who is summoning that... rabbit? Because he shouldn't be able to do it. he is rogue/construct (who gains only construct levels= neither wizard or construct can get pet/familiar, nor spells e.g summonings ). Are you playing as wizard or such?

If that isn't case I guess something went wrong with your installment, does other MotB specific things work correctly?

If they do and it indeed is Kaji who is summoning that rabbit, well, it has to be most hilarious bug in NWN2 ever :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Di, I have to admit I've never seen this and I didn't hear anyone else talking about a rabbit either. That one is really new. Familiars don't prevent summons, so that's another weird one. Kaji summoning something is just downright weird. I'm kind of joking, but I'm absolutely serious.

Since I've known you a long time, I don't suspect you of making it up, but it SOUNDS like the sort of thing folks make up. haha. You remember the Italian Warlord always said he saw a Terrasque or whatever.

Anyhow, Tale came through with the best advice so far. Stick him in puppet mode and make sure he can't summon anything else. Safiya shouldn't be able to summon anything in the conjuration school because of her area of specialization as a red wizard. Honest to goodness, I'm trying to figure out how it happened in the first place. If you can get a screenshot, shoot it back here and we'll tell one of the obsidz folks about it. They'll undoubtedly want to see it also.

In the meantime, good luck. I know you play these games for the adventure and RPing, so I don't see why it would be bad to cheat up Kaji's stats if you had. After all, it just allows you to access more areas of the game. :Cant's wink and grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You could also make quick test with another character and start new campaign. You can control Kaji and Ssafiya immeadiately after intro cinematic, so that would be quick way to see does this rabbit summoning happen again or was it just random bug

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Di, I have to admit I've never seen this and I didn't hear anyone else talking about a rabbit either. That one is really new. Familiars don't prevent summons, so that's another weird one. Kaji summoning something is just downright weird. I'm kind of joking, but I'm absolutely serious.

Since I've known you a long time, I don't suspect you of making it up, but it SOUNDS like the sort of thing folks make up. haha. You remember the Italian Warlord always said he saw a Terrasque or whatever.

Anyhow, Tale came through with the best advice so far. Stick him in puppet mode and make sure he can't summon anything else. Safiya shouldn't be able to summon anything in the conjuration school because of her area of specialization as a red wizard. Honest to goodness, I'm trying to figure out how it happened in the first place. If you can get a screenshot, shoot it back here and we'll tell one of the obsidz folks about it. They'll undoubtedly want to see it also.

In the meantime, good luck. I know you play these games for the adventure and RPing, so I don't see why it would be bad to cheat up Kaji's stats if you had. After all, it just allows you to access more areas of the game. :Cant's wink and grin icon:

I have a screenshot in a Word document. I just don't know how to paste it into a reply here. If you can give me instructions, I can prove that Flopsy exists.

This is epic.

Flopsy! :ermm::lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I would probably just cut the image out of word and paste it into paint. Maybe one of the other folks around here has better aptitude with images than me. I wish I could help more, but I do hope you manage to show it because now I'm really curious.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I would probably just cut the image out of word and paste it into paint. Maybe one of the other folks around here has better aptitude with images than me. I wish I could help more, but I do hope you manage to show it because now I'm really curious.

Okay, I have a .jpg in Paint... how do I get it into a reply here, please?

Edit: Okay, I have it on my account... but can't figure out how to get it from my "Manage Your Attachments" list into a reply. I'm really quite hopeless. :ermm:

Edited by ~Di

Okay just click "add reply" in this thread. Click on the browse button under the file. Select it for upload and then click the Upload button. Then you need to click on the "Manage current attachements" area to insert your picture.

post-787-1193085305_thumb.jpg

Obsidian Plays

post-407-1193085663_thumb.jpg

OMG!!! I think I got it to work.

Behold. FLOPSY!!!

Thanks, everyone, for walking me through this trauma! :ermm: For the record, I did not perform any cheats on Kaji... none at all. The first time I saw Kaji summon Flopsy was in the Burrows, before I had tested any cheat codes in MOTB. My main character was imported from NWN2... and yes, she has cheated stats, so if this is Obsidian's way of making us cheaters crazy, they did a great job. Also, they're on my short list to burn in a very hot place...

Edited by ~Di

Good work, Di. Now, what leads you to say that Kaji summoned it? Did it show up as text in your log? Did Kaji display spell casting animations before Flopsy appeared? Did you get floating text over Kaji's head? What happened that leads you to believe that Kaji did it and then what were you and Kaji doing before hand.

The reason I ask is simply because we can narrow down exactly what happened. You know, what exact steps did you take that lead to Flopsy?

As for believing you, I had some of the the devs and friends not believe some of my bugs. I understand how irritating it is to see a bug and have folks blow it off. So, we want to make sure we can recreate this bug as consistently as possible, and that means trying to figure out how you did it. Now, I don't think you should feel beholden to do BIS' work for them, so don't feel guilty if you just want to post the picture and let them figure it out. However, if you do have some of these details, they'll be helpfull to the devs.

Obsidian Plays

Good work, Di. Now, what leads you to say that Kaji summoned it? Did it show up as text in your log? Did Kaji display spell casting animations before Flopsy appeared? Did you get floating text over Kaji's head? What happened that leads you to believe that Kaji did it and then what were you and Kaji doing before hand.

I SAW Kaji summon it... repeatedly. No text that I recall, just Kaji flailing his scaley hands, visual "poof", and Flopsy appears. Every time the rabbit dies or unsummons, Kaji summons it again.

The reason I ask is simply because we can narrow down exactly what happened. You know, what exact steps did you take that lead to Flopsy?

I was just trying to find my way out of the burrows. I had used no cheats at that point at all. I very well may have changed his behavior to use his abilities and taken him off of puppet mode, because I routinely do that with all my followers. I will check these areas and see if the rabbit eventually disappears.

As for believing you, I had some of the the devs and friends not believe some of my bugs. I understand how irritating it is to see a bug and have folks blow it off. So, we want to make sure we can recreate this bug as consistently as possible, and that means trying to figure out how you did it. Now, I don't think you should feel beholden to do BIS' work for them, so don't feel guilty if you just want to post the picture and let them figure it out. However, if you do have some of these details, they'll be helpfull to the devs.

I am not making this up. I would not make an utter fool of myself both on this board and the BioWare board for a silly prank. I honestly thought the dumb rabbit was part of the game, but it's a part I don't like because during one battle when I was summoning like crazy, as soon as the side portraits filled up, all my summons failed. But there was the damned rabbit. :lol:

At least I was able to prove its existance with a screen shot. Oh, and my character is a half-elf Ranger/Eldrich Knight/Paladin mix, if it matters. She does not have the ability to summon rabbits. :ermm:

Thanks again for helping with the screenshot.

Well, that's a new one on me. I can't think of a logical reason for the rabbit, but that doesn't mean much. You should PM Rob and direct him to your screenshot and see if he can figure it out. That's the best bet. When one of the Obsidz folks starts looking for it, we might find an answer. haha

One thing I notice right away is that Flopsy has buffs while Kaji doesn't. You're in the Furnace Area of the Death God's Vault? Was Flopsy present before? You said that he was in the Barrow area with you. Did he survive all the way to the Vault? Can he die? I mean, if you're in battle, does the enemy attack and kill him? If he does, then he must get back up again, disappear, or otherwise revive, because you wouldn't be able to area transition if he were still in the party but dead. (This was an early glitch that we found.) So, if he dies, then Kaji must resummon him, right? And Kaji summons him with only you and Safiya in the party, since you first witnessed it in the barrow.

Obsidian Plays

Well, that's a new one on me. I can't think of a logical reason for the rabbit, but that doesn't mean much. You should PM Rob and direct him to your screenshot and see if he can figure it out. That's the best bet. When one of the Obsidz folks starts looking for it, we might find an answer. haha

Nah, I don't have much luck getting a developer's attention. Last time I PM'd a developer he never even opened the message. I'm probably too short. :* Besides, I might be able to solve the problem by putting him back on puppet mode and not allowing him to utilize his abilities. Plus I don't know who "Rob" is. *blush* You PM him for me, okay? He'll read a PM from you! :)

One thing I notice right away is that Flopsy has buffs while Kaji doesn't.

Just the luck of the draw, and who was close enough to either Gann or Kaelyn to take advantage of their buffs. I'm not buffed there either. Flopsy wanders around quite a bit.

You're in the Furnace Area of the Death God's Vault? Was Flopsy present before? You said that he was in the Barrow area with you. Did he survive all the way to the Vault? Can he die? I mean, if you're in battle, does the enemy attack and kill him? If he does, then he must get back up again, disappear, or otherwise revive, because you wouldn't be able to area transition if he were still in the party but dead. (This was an early glitch that we found.) So, if he dies, then Kaji must resummon him, right? And Kaji summons him with only you and Safiya in the party, since you first witnessed it in the barrow.

Er, pretty much yes to all. Flopsy has been with us off and on... mostly on... since the Burrow. Yes, he can die and be injured in battle. (No, I have never tried to heal the little bugger). He appears to unsummon every 24 game hours (more or less... I've never actually timed it), at which time Kaji will eventually resummon him. He "dies" like any other summoned creature, his portrait disappears and he no longer exists. Until resummoned. By Kaji. He only affects the amount of summons my party can conjure by being present, not by being gone... if that makes any sense. And yes, Kaji summons him with only my PC and Safiya in the party, as well as in front of those who have since joined.

Edited by ~Di

A small point of observation. You said in your first post that Flopsy annoys you because it takes up a party slot. But you've only got four slots in MotB and it seems you've got all those filled in the screenshot (your character occupying one of them). So Flopsy is just a bonus.

Spider: Yes, but she seems to say that once the right-hand bar fills up with summons, all future summons fail. This shouldn't happen, as far as I know - you should just get a scrolling bar to accommodate them all. Flopsy isn't taking up a party slot but she's taking up some kind of 'summon slot' it seems.

Other than that, she seems to behave exactly like a Familiar in every single way, right down to how Kaji resummons her (just as Safiya resummons Kaji if not in Puppet Mode). The innocuous cheating-up of a few stats shouldn't do much in this department.

One thing I could think of looking at (though I don't know how you would) is - is Flopsy, does anyone know, in the name generation list for rabbit famliars? If not, then Flopsy is clearly a custom-made creation, perhaps some creature Obsidian made, either really as Kaji's pet or something else, and was a creature file floating around: if Flopsy is a generated name then we could go down the path of thinking a regular Summon Famliar ability had been somehow granted Kaji.

Edited by Tigranes

A small point of observation. You said in your first post that Flopsy annoys you because it takes up a party slot. But you've only got four slots in MotB and it seems you've got all those filled in the screenshot (your character occupying one of them). So Flopsy is just a bonus.

Flopsy takes up a portrait spot, which limits the numbers of battle creatures I can summon. Now it just annoys me because it is there, nobody believes that it is there, and I cannot get rid of the danged thing.

Cantousent: I give up. I've changed all of Kaji's Behaviors so that he can't even cast spells; then I manually unsummoned the rabit using the right-click menu command "unsummon". I then centered the camera on Kaji and waited. Within a minute there was a poof of smoke from the ground beneath Kaji, a bright yellow character circle appeared with Flopsy in the middle of it. No text. Nothing. I cannot get rid of this thing, and it's not funny anymore.

I'm going to scrap this entire game and start another one. If that damned rabbit shows up again, I'm scraping MOTB altogether. I did NOT create this animal, and I feel ridiculous being the only person on the planet who has seen it. But I can guarantee that somebody put this thing in the code, and as you well know, I'm not even technically competent to upload a jpg without help, so it sure as heck wasn't me.

I thank you so very much for all of your patience and assistance today. It was much appreciated, dispite the fact that I have repeatedly ended up displaying my technical incompetence in front of God and everyone and feel like an utter idiot. Not the first time, I might add, but it's never a fun experience! :)

Edited by ~Di

and I feel ridiculous being the only person on the planet who has seen it.

There's no need for that to make you feel ridiculous - annoyed, maybe, but not ridiculous. Besides, I just talked above like I know what I"m talking about, but it's just a logical suggestion - I don't even know how you would go about checking it. But hopefully somebody here (probably) does, so I wouldn't be so quick to scrape the current game altogether. That kind of thing really does take the excitement out of playing and MOTB deserves to be played.

I'm almost positive this is your familiar. When you unsummoned it, which character were you controlling? If it were Kaji summoning it, you wouldn't be able to unsummon unless you were controlling Kaji.

You told me on the bioware boards that you aren't a sorc/wizard... yet here you say you have EK levels. You can't have them unless you're a sorc, wizard, or bard...

Go to your feats on your character and see if you have the Summon Familiar feat.

I'm telling you, Di, I've been in the same boat. There is nothing worse than having some bug that only happens on your system.

I'm going to PM Rob McGinnis and let him know about this. It's not like I know the Obsidz folks well or anything. Hell, someone told me that they deleted a link to my review over at the NWN2 boards. Still, once we've given them the info, it's their responsibility to look into it.

EDIT: Although I think Cuthlan makes a reasonable statement. It makes more sense that it's your familiar than Kajis. If you've looked into that scenario and found it isn't true, then... well... that's what would make it a bug, right?

Edited by Cantousent

Obsidian Plays

I'm almost positive this is your familiar. When you unsummoned it, which character were you controlling? If it were Kaji summoning it, you wouldn't be able to unsummon unless you were controlling Kaji.

You told me on the bioware boards that you aren't a sorc/wizard... yet here you say you have EK levels. You can't have them unless you're a sorc, wizard, or bard...

Go to your feats on your character and see if you have the Summon Familiar feat.

Oh. My. God. Just when I thought I could not look more stupid...

I created this character last March and yes, had to choose a familiar as part of the Wizard component of my EK. But never once did I ever summon that familiar, and it certainly didn't summon automatically. I went back to my original save of that NWN2 game... and for the first time, summoned my familiar. It was... *turns beet red*... Flopsy the rabbit. No portrait of Flopsy, mind you, but there he was, quietly sitting beside my foot.

I guess I thought Kaji was doing it because every time it appeared, it appeared directly under Kaji no matter where Kaji was. If there isn't a way to disable the automatic summoning of familiars, I'll try cheat-code deleting the Summon Familiar feat.

Dear God I feel so idiotic.

*wanders away to hide and suck thumb*

Don't feel bad, Di. Haha, I've already sent out a PM to one of the Obsidz folks. We'll look silly together.

Obsidian Plays

Aha, a simple solution then.

Team Obsidz does it again. :)

Even though Di figured it out alone.

Shh!

Hey guys, just got a PM asking me to look into ~Di's Flopsy issue, but it looks like you all have it ironed out already.

So you know, if you have issues or questions with the game, you can always PM me here. If you are just reporting something, I may not always respond, depending on workload. But I always try to respond to questions.

Anyway.. good to see things have been resolved.

*steals Cantousent's cookie*