What are you playing now?

Darque

I've also been gearing up to replay Vampire: Bloodlines now that the 4.3 unofficial MOD was released.

There, I fixed your statement. The 5.04AT "True" Patch is much better, in my opinion, and does not destroy the game - unlike Wesp's creation... :sweat:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Hmmm... I think I might go through Bloodlines again. Downloading mods and fan fixes now...

Vampire Bloodlines True Patch: More fixes without modifying the game.

Wesp's 4.3 Fan patch that fixes more bugs and restores content but modifies the game a great deal.

Hi-Res NPC Pack that I downloaded that is suppose to up the textures a bit on a few NPCs.

Histories Revised 2.1 that is suppose to restore the histories of the PC and make them less buggy in gameplay.

And of course I got the Widescreen patch as well. :sweat:

Whats this true patch?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hmmm... I think I might go through Bloodlines again. Downloading mods and fan fixes now...

Vampire Bloodlines True Patch: More fixes without modifying the game.

Wesp's 4.3 Fan patch that fixes more bugs and restores content but modifies the game a great deal.

Hi-Res NPC Pack that I downloaded that is suppose to up the textures a bit on a few NPCs.

Histories Revised 2.1 that is suppose to restore the histories of the PC and make them less buggy in gameplay.

And of course I got the Widescreen patch as well. :)

Whats this true patch?

I put link to it on The Frozen North, so you should know... :sweat:

[The True Patch] was intended to be a "true" patch to the official 1.2 version, only fixing bugs found in the original game or the official 1.2 patch, and is without any of the gameplay changes found in the Unofficial Patch or the "basic" version of the Unofficial Patch. The latest, and possibly final, release of this "True" patch was version 5.04AT, released October 1, 2007, and can be found at Gamespot [1] and several other gaming sites.

Download link: http://www.tessmage.com/downloads/True_VTMB_504AT.zip

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I wouldn't say it destroys the game, but it does change a lot of stuff in the game. I see Wesp's patch to be along the lines of the KotOR2's restoration patch with added mods. The True Patch is good if you just want to play the game as the devs wanted the game to be "as is" when shipped with more bugs being squashed.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I disagree - the TSL Restoration project only fixes cannon things that were on the disc and intended to be included in the game, while Wesp has, among other things, invented new powers and modified quests to make them completely against the game's original design.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

Is the Purgatorio released any time soon? I remember I was waiting for that...

I believe it will be a while still before it sees release. It has to go through the public beta first (I don't know when that will be started, but it should be fairly soon).

I'm sure it will be worth the wait anyhow. :thumbsup:

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I believe it will be a while still before it sees release. It has to go through the public beta first (I don't know when that will be started, but it should be fairly soon).

I'm sure it will be worth the wait anyhow. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on from now on. :)

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

I disagree - the TSL Restoration project only fixes cannon things that were on the disc and intended to be included in the game, while Wesp has, among other things, invented new powers and modified quests to make them completely against the game's original design.

That is where the "added mods" clarifier comes in. He does add in a lot of restored content such additional spoken lines, quests that were left unfinished now finished. As for added powers I haven't come across any with 4.3.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Hmmm... a 360 to PC port that doesn't have lag issues. That's new.

The U3 engine was made by and for the PC, so it's hardly strange.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So it is a PC game engine, ported to a console game, then ported back to PC?

Well, both the Xbox and the 360 are fairly similiar to a PC from a development point, at least from what I've heard. That would make ports (or simultaneous development) easier than other consoles.

Still, that doesn't explain why the original Halo took years, but I'm no expert :)

He does add in a lot of restored content such additional spoken lines, quests that were left unfinished now finished. As for added powers I haven't come across any with 4.3.

Firstly, I do not remember a power called "Blood Heal" belonging to any clans, and, secondly, if you look into the matter, the dialog he includes was never meant to be included in the final release. The staff of writers was changed half-way through the production, as Troika was not happy with the original work, and the entire game was re-written from the tutorial onwards. Wesp also has broken cannon in several major places, something I can address further in the old Vampire topic if you wish to continue discussing the matter, and has refused to release a patch that does not contain his modifications -the "basic version still has many of the mods, they are just harder to notice-.

-Hurlshot

Blood Heal was taken out with 4.3. :)

Just finished CoD 4. The story isn't that revolutionary and yada, yada, but something really got me in this game. Perhaps the cinematography.

I thought it was a really fun game.

ps. Enemies pop up like in virtua cop or something, though :)

Well, both the Xbox and the 360 are fairly similiar to a PC from a development point, at least from what I've heard. That would make ports (or simultaneous development) easier than other consoles.

Still, that doesn't explain why the original Halo took years, but I'm no expert :)

Probably because it was a small team (not Bungie itself), and the project wasn't started immediatly. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Halo" engine (it's custom, modified for the second and third games as well) didn't go too well on a computer...

But three years is the time it took to make the game... so a three year port is still weird.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

COD 4

I just finished that sniper level when you travel with that guy and assassinate some russian, so frustrating. The ending was so ridiculously hard I had to replay it about 6 times. I'd either get nailed by a rogue grenade and get stuck trying to run away because I like being in confined areas or I'll pick up my buddy and just get railed by a bunch of dudes trying to get to the helicopter.

I however loved that black/white night vision air attack level. Supremely tight.

Also multiplayer is really fun. It takes a bit getting used to and figuring out maps take a little bit but it's a good game. Wouldn't say it's game of the year or pure perfection but it's a fun little game. Sadly some guns are waaaaaay better than others. So many times I'll see the death replay (after you die you see who killed you) and some guy with I think it's an ak 47 will shoot one burst way far away and just nail me dead. I've been getting a lot better lately tho, I was able to get 36 or so kills in one match which I was pretty proud of. Second on my team. I think I'm at a decent level becuase I unlocked slight of hand earlier today but definitely have a long ways to go to unlock the rest of the weapons and their assessories.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'd be playing Sim Societies if it was out in stores.... :)

Looks like my kind of game ... if you're short on time, easy to play in short sessions, and full of god-sim tinkering-madness.

Not long till release, tho. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts