Wow, Blizzard PWNS WoW player!

Sand

I just have to laugh at this. Those who are stupid enough to pay $10,000 for a bunch of zeroes and ones deserve to get screwed. HA! :bat:

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/new...00-on-rogue-elf

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Why does Blizzard even care whos driving the avatar so long as they get their monthy fee?

It's possible that it's simply the same threat that all goldselling and related industry poses to online gaming. As in-game status transfers for money become more common, then it becomes more necessary to make those transfers to obtain status. This may not be true with all interactions of the sort, but its within their pervue to ban them all and not worry about it.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Exactly. Also I think that Blizzard should try to curb such behavior in the future as much as possible.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well, then he has no legal leg to stand on. He was warned and he did not heed that warning. Sucks to be him.

EULAs have no legal standing. They can't cause you to forfeit any rights. The question in regards to virtual goods is whether you have any rights at all, though. I know China has precedents for such, but I don't believe the US does.

Edited by Tale

I hope not. This way he won't ever do this sort of crap again and with a little luck people will learn from his folly.

Why is Blizzard crying like babies? WAAA! A player spent money to get a character. Big deal. I say to WOW get over, and unban the guy.

If somneone wants to spend 10k on it then go ahead. In fact, if Blizaard was smart they'd create prepackage characters and sell them for a profit for those who want it. That would stop this private market.

But, no, they have to flex their pathetic muscles.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

EULAs have no legal standing. They can't cause you to forfeit any rights. The question in regards to virtual goods is whether you have any rights at all, though. I know China has precedents for such, but I don't believe the US does.

Well if its against their rules, they may not have a right to delete the character, as its his property, but its their servers and they have a right not to let him use the character. If he didn't read the rules its his own damn fault.

Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would buy a premade character. Basically he's paying someone else to play the game for him. Its stupid.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Blizzard probably came down hard and merciless on this guy simply because it was so prominent. The Twin Blades of Azzinoth are those two big crescent sword things, the iconic weapons of Illidan -- Illidan being sort of the "final boss" of WoW currently. I'd suspect there are only a handful of players, perhaps under 100 out of millions that actually possess those things.

As far as I know, Blizzard has steadfastly maintained an anti-real money trade (RMT) stance, and I think this is appropriate, as the majority of players consider it unfair and feel it cheapens their own experience. I think it'd actually be more of a surprise if Blizzard hadn't acted upon this.

No, Blizzard does this with about anything they can get their hands on. They're pretty meticulous about these things.

Why does everything about WoW turn into an anti-blizzard bashing fest? Regardless on how you feel about the game itself, Blizzard has shown enormous dedication to it and, as always, to it's fanbase. They want to deliver the same experience for everyone. Even if the experience is really, REALLY boring.

Edited by TrueNeutral

This guy will lose his case, commit suicide and video games will again be blamed.

It is inevitable.

Stupidity is the root of all evilness(lawyer fees).

Oh and by the way, I love WoW.

Maybe I haven't played enough of it to hate it but if you ask me, anyone who plays till lvl 60-70 and calls this game crap are the stupid ones.

Edited by astr0creep

In defense of RMT:

...Is "grinding" really that important to experience gameplay? Killing the same rats and monsters over and over? If someone wants to go and not do that, why not?

In fact, by having a price tag on items, it just showcase that the time you spent grinding is WORTH something. ("Hah, moron. The guy spent $600 for a Maxed out Character, and I got it for free after spending 1 month! That means that 1 month=$600.")

Not to mention that those who engage in Gold Mining usually just re-register their accounts and go back to WoW to mine. It has been speculated that the banning of gold miners only spur them to buy new software...which may very well be a subtle "tax" on the RMT indursty.

It's believed that having a fully active gold and character selling economy in a world where the item economy is influenced by players can result in gold purchases being necessary to make item purchases. This is what banning gold selling attempts to curb.

Edited by Tale

Uh. Isn't Gold NECESSARY to purchase items to begin with?

Though, now that I think about it, selling Gold can easily cause for hyperinflation, as since gold miners are spending more time "creating" the gold, they can flood the economy. Thereby increasing the gold prices of items overall, forcing people to actually buy gold since they have to spend more time grinding for the gold.

Edited by SilentScope001

Uh. Isn't Gold NECESSARY to purchase items to begin with?

Though, now that I think about it, selling Gold can easily cause for hyperinflation. Thereby increasing the gold prices of items overall, forcing people to actually buy gold since they have to spend more time grinding for the gold.

Gold is necessary to purchase items. Purchasing gold is not. My wording does not make it clear, but I'm talking about the exchange of real world money for in-game items using gold as a middle man.