Pictures of your games

Walsingham

Still bewitched :)

post-132-1198895097_thumb.jpg

Because of the lack of an ingame screenshot-option, I rarely catch the best moments, though I thought this in this one here the crisp and cinematic design comes over not too bad.

Mr. Witcher?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

i dont undestand what's wrong with you people. everyone i know has written Witcher off as yet another eastern-eurpoean b-league RPG, and yet you keep praising it? did they ship a completely different game to the US or whats going on?

i was thinking of trying it but the more i see of it and the more i read, the less i want to go near it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

@Kaftan: Things that make Witcher awesome include but are not limited to the following: Peasant sex, witch sex, driad sex, vampire sex, hot-chick-possessed-by-demon sex, elven sex, and nurseS sex (that's plural!).

@Bok: You've likely seen teh screenie's on crappy rig. Try comparing Witcher on your bling system at 2560 res with ME (whose res is fixed), and it won't even be a competition.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

@Kaftan: Things that make Witcher awesome include but are not limited to the following: Peasant sex, witch sex, driad sex, vampire sex, hot-chick-possessed-by-demon sex, elven sex, and nurseS sex (that's plural!).

@Bok: You've likely seen teh screenie's on crappy rig. Try comparing Witcher on your bling system at 2560 res with ME (whose res is fixed), and it won't even be a competition.

You forgot Lady of the Lake

, who is a godess. So include divine sex there, mistah! :-

Even ignoring the sex, this game is beyond awesome in atmosphere and C&C. I love playing as a 'Neutral' and letting everyone else slaughter each other...

....Because i am a Witcher! :-

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm actively trying to avoid (most) sex scenes in the game, because the "real" quests are not as cheap as this nerd-attraction :- It's not a B-grade RPG for sure. Granted, it is noticable in more than one aspect that the designers haven't made any game on their own before, BUT: the world is quite cool, fantasy beyond standard including witchhunts, racism, moral ambiguity. Main character is cool and you can define him nicely in skills and talk, like you should in a western RPG. Alchemy is cool (hit me, but one of the more interesting aspects taken from MMORPGs, others are quest tracking, money-making quests "kill X of Y"). Graphics have some really nice moments despite what Bokishi may think :- Mostly unforseeable and satisfying / disturbing consequences of seemingly small decisions (I'm not very far in the game, so this may not be true throughout the whole game, but I hope so). Challenging yet not frustrating difficulty on normal setting. Books are useful. Nice and relatively elaborated "Journal" not only containing quests but also Infos on NPCs, Monsters, World Locations, Gameplay and Alchemy recipies. Consistent art direction. You don't have to save the world from a great evil (though: who knows... I'm not very far in the game yet).

Well, these random points have absolutely nothing to do with the topic, but only show why Kaftan Barlast should at least try the game, so: Sorry!

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

The Witcher is fabulous. If someone says it is a grade-b crpg, then I want to know what is they're grade A. My guess is Oblivion.

I hearby dedicate all pointy-ears references to Kaftan.

post-378-1199324062_thumb.jpg

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

ANother quiet Witcher's night out ...in the Vizima cemetary:

post-378-1199325209_thumb.jpg

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Wait till you meet the Werewolf, he's bloody awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wait till you meet the Werewolf, he's bloody awesome.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"