Bioshock!

Krookie

After about six hours of playing, I'm pretty sure that I have to wait another 7 years for a game as immersive as this.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sod it. Im so bored out of my mind that I think Im going to buy Bioshock through STEAM right this minute. What do you think about that plan?

I must have something to play right now or I'll explode :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Go for it. It's spellbinding, although I'd guess the constant of kill-big-daddy-deal-with-sister-buy-moar-skillz might get tiring eventually. That said, I've killed about 4 big daddies and all of those battles were interesting and challenging. Except when I found that one type(Bouncer, IIRC) is crazily vulnerable to electric shotgun shells. And they aren't that bad against the others as well.

It looks like the further I play, the more varied the features and the affective forces in battle become. Every new enemy has been a trial and error affair(with the exception of certain grenade throwers and telekinesis).

The game also has the best voice acting ever, with maybe the exception of Outcast and Mafia.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Go for it. It's spellbinding, although I'd guess the constant of kill-big-daddy-deal-with-sister-buy-moar-skillz might get tiring eventually.

It does a little bit, but I'm still very addicted to the game and near the end. The combat is still fun, but I think its an immersion issue... same with the enemies you face later on. They basically just recycle the models and voices of the enemies, so when you first encounter them its creepy and disturbing but when you see the same guy/gal walking around voicing the same line you heard 10 minutes ago ti really takes away from the experience imo.

Don't get me wrong its still a great game, but I do think the overall quality of the game suffers from this and all the little sisters looking identitical. Because when you first encounter them its such a memorable experience, but you become detached from your enemies when you see they are all virtually clones.

edit: Than again, this might just be a problem with this current (tech) gen. Considering all FPSs basically have repeated use of enemy models, its just that its not as noticable due to the fact that they are either masked (Combine in HL2) or aliens (Gears of War, Resistance).

Edited by Zero

Im on 32% now :)

But it cost me friggin 68 bucks! Damn our Swedish taxes!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Why do people keep saying it's an 8 hour game? I'm at 11 hours according to XFire and Steam Community and I only have 4 locations showing on the bathysphere.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm still waiting for the stupid release. :*

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Steam version seems quite buggy, it's not good friends with Nvidias drivers thats for sure. Strange thing is that the demo worked without a hitch

The Steam version shouldn't be particularly different from non-Steam. It's causing no problems with my latest nVidia beta drivers, I can say for certain.

Edit: I hate Rosies.

Edited by Tale

Turns out it cant handle having the "use advanced post processing effects" on. If you turn that off, it's no problem except you lose all the pretty bloom

But what drivers are you using and which card? Do you run Vista?

I've just got home to find this waiting for me. I'm seriously tempted to play it but I think playing drunk would kind of ruin it a bit for me.

Oh decisions decisions.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Turns out it cant handle having the "use advanced post processing effects" on. If you turn that off, it's no problem except you lose all the pretty bloom

But what drivers are you using and which card? Do you run Vista?

The new beta drivers that were released for Bioshock. 7800 GS. No.

The Steam version seems quite buggy, it's not good friends with Nvidias drivers thats for sure. Strange thing is that the demo worked without a hitch

That's so wierd that it won't work on your computer. It's been flawless on my 360.

He was making a joke. Being a smartass. Trolling. Not being austere.

Beaten, it was awesome. I might do the other playthrough sometime after I play through Overlord a second time.

Edited by Tale

That's so wierd that it won't work on your computer. It's been flawless on my 360.

It works like a charm now, and it's prettier and runs faster than on the 360 :lol:

Edit: I hate Rosies.

Keep closing and opening the distance between you and Rosie and continuosly shoot with electric bucks. When you empty the clip, either try to keep the distance stunt on so that the golem can't decide whether to kick you or shoot you, or take cover. The stun from electricity gives you a bit of time to maneuver around.

You could also just use enrage or hypnotize.

Though if you have been harvesting Sisters, you won't see the latter one.

kirottu said: